Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #81
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tami MayberryView Post
Hey, save a seat for me in the dummy club! I either forget to channge the blade or forget I want to score not cut and press so hard I cut with the scoring blade.
I need a club membership as well, Tami!
I have long-ago given up on scoring with my Fiskars.... too many wasted "ooopsies"!

Truly, I use my Scor-Pal for every card I make .. not to mention other uses, such as multiple scores & dry embossed lines, etc.

I do understand that each has their own preferences, however, and there is usually someone searching for a Scor-Pal in the ISO threads if you're unhappy with yours.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #82
Kookie Creator

I've been having so much fun with my Scor-Pal. I tried it at my demo's before I bought it and I loved it, but I never realized how many different things you can do with it until I got it. And it's so easy. I would never go to all the trouble of changing the blade on my cutter just to score. And I can't figure out how I would do some of the special cards (tri fold shutter cards, etc.) with my cutter that are so easy to do with the scor-pal.

So sorry you didn't like yours.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #83
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by marciadView Post
I thought I was the only one who stands it up against the craft table legs. It's always in reach. Yes, the scores are a tad wider and deeper than the Fiskars blade. I now reach for the Pal when making every card. Makes box making much easier.
Ha! I do, too. And then I slip it between two cabinets when it's time to clear the table for dinner! LOL!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #84
Stampin' Fool

Default holey moley! Fab wood grain look!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
I love my Scor-pal. I understand the OP's point if all you ever want to do is score one line and fold a card but I use my Scor-pal for so many things that I honestly don't think I can stamp without it. LOL!

From the many boxes and lids that I create to one of my favorite techniques of creating faux woodgrain, that Scor-pal is on my desk every minute. (I had the fiskars one and I found that I constantly pulled down the wrong blade and ended up cutting my card stock in half instead of scoring it. Yes, I know, that's me being a dummy but that's me all the time. LOL!

Here is one of my favorite cards that I made with my Scor-pal doing the Faux woodgrain technique. The Scor-pal made this so easy because I didn't have to re-measure with every score.

Here's what it looked like before I attached my focal image.

Occasionally I get buyer's remorse but then, I go find a bunch of things that I can do with the tool and voila! Buyer's remorse- gone!

Pretty please post a link to the tutorial for the wood grain paper in this card! I LOVE it!

Jutta
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #85
Crimping Master

Default Hijacking Thread

Circut scores? Really? Where? I can only think of one cart that needs scoring option and that's Tags, Boxes and More. Please do tell more.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #86
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
Pretty please post a link to the tutorial for the wood grain paper in this card! I LOVE it!

Jutta
here you go:
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/woodgraining-1

Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #87
Mad Swapper

I have the Scor-Pal and Scor-It. I LOOOOOOOVE the IT! It's so much better to score with. The Pal... my paper always rips and when it does work the scoring isn't that great compare to the IT. Yeah, if I have another scoring method like what you mentioned I'd pass the Pal BUT, the IT as much as it takes up space does a better job than the other tools you mentioned.

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #88
Kookie Creator

I use my scorepal every day. I cut a self healing, gridded mat to fit the top so I use it as my work surface and when I need to score I just slide the mat off and score away. Much more accurate than the score I was getting with my scoring blade. I also slide the card to the corner of my score pal to fold, perfectly matched card edges every time.So for me it's a "Man, I'm so glad I got this"
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 AM   #89
Die Cut Diva

I've had my Scor-Pal for a couple years now. I love it. I use it for every card I make and certainly any project that needs to be scored and folded. The website site is terrific for projects and ideas! The Customer Service is great as you can get your specific questions answered to by the Designer of the product.

I did purchase the little Score-It at a show earlier this year just to see how it works. I don't like the rubber surface....too hard to slide the paper around and it is difficult to line up the paper edge for a absolutely accurate score.

The Scor-Pal is much easier to store and the light weight makes it great if you travel.

The Scor-Pal gets my vote with out any doubt!

Patti
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #90
Glitter Guru

I had the Scor it when it first came out, and used it some, but it is so big it was always in the way. I sold it to a friend, who loves it. I later bought a Scor-pal, For the longest time, we did not get along, again it is big and my work space is pretty small. So probably several months later I decide to make Stair step style cards. Amazingly easy with the Scor-pal. It took me several months, but I do now love my Scor-pal. I don't use it for every card, but for several scores per card, I was amazed how easy it became.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 10-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #91
Polyshrink Goddess

Forget the Scor-Pal. I just got the Martha Stewart Score Board ------ OMG!!!!

It out shines the Scor-Pal in every category. Here's why;

It has 1/8 score lines
It is open on the right side of the board
It is just as sturdy as the Scor Pal but has wayyyy more features
It COMES WITH A TRIANGULAR ENVELOPE MAKER - that stores neatly underneath the board. An envelope maker for pete's sake!
It has a nifty flip top compartment that has INSTRUCTIONS included on the lid for making: A2,A6,A7,A9 cards and Boxes: 3",4",6",8" !
The compartment also holds the scoring blade
Full price is $19.99 at Michaels ( use a coupon and you've got a bargain)
No more guessing or sliding paper around.

I've found the perfect scoring tool!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #92
Polyshrink Goddess

In defense of the Scor Pal though - it does make wider score lines than Martha Stewarts. This would be because the MS board has 1/8" lines so they will of course be thinner. I'm going to keep my Scor Pal though, because I have cut out a heavy 12x12 acrylic cover and it makes a wonderful work surface. Keeps everything nicely contained.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #93
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post

It has 1/8 score lines
It COMES WITH A TRIANGULAR ENVELOPE MAKER - that stores neatly underneath the board. An envelope maker for pete's sake!
It has a nifty flip top compartment that has INSTRUCTIONS included on the lid for making: A2,A6,A7,A9 cards and Boxes: 3",4",6",8" !

Thanks for the tip on the Martha Stewart Score Board! I haven't had the extra moola to buy a scor-pal, but if you can get the MS score board for $19.99 at Michael's and use a coupon I would say it is worth trying!!

"When life gives you scraps, make something with them" Author Unkown
Old 10-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #94
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post

It has 1/8 score lines

I went to Michaels today to check this new score board out. They did not have it.

I'm wondering how many will have trouble lining up the score lines with them that close together, or have issues with jumping the track. I teach Scor-Pal classes and plenty have trouble with the 1/2" distance. Even more so trying to read the ruler at the top.

And the reason for the fence on the right side of the board is for the left handed user or for the tight scores that can happen for a righty on the left side of the board. Example, if I need a 1" score, as a righty, I more often than not, will use the 11" score line on the right side. By having the fence there, it will be nice and straight.

I'd like to see one in person, just so I can see how sturdy it is. The envelope template sounds intriguing. Boxes are so easy, not sure a template is necessary. Now, if there was one for pillow boxes or boxes with unusual angles that would be a different story.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #95
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm house bound with a broken neck so am going to have to bum a ride to Michael's to see this scoreboard if they have it in Winchester.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #96
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
I went to Michaels today to check this new score board out. They did not have it.

I'm wondering how many will have trouble lining up the score lines with them that close together, or have issues with jumping the track. I teach Scor-Pal classes and plenty have trouble with the 1/2" distance. Even more so trying to read the ruler at the top.

And the reason for the fence on the right side of the board is for the left handed user or for the tight scores that can happen for a righty on the left side of the board. Example, if I need a 1" score, as a righty, I more often than not, will use the 11" score line on the right side. By having the fence there, it will be nice and straight.

I'd like to see one in person, just so I can see how sturdy it is. The envelope template sounds intriguing. Boxes are so easy, not sure a template is necessary. Now, if there was one for pillow boxes or boxes with unusI pual angles that would be a different story.
I played with it alot last night. No problem what so ever in "jumping the track" on the score lines. The measurement lines on the top fence are just like reading a tape measure. Actually the Scor Pal is much more indiscriminate in the markings. If you can read a tape measure you won't have a bit of problem with this one. The weight of the board is pretty much the same as the Scor Pal. It doesnt include directions for odd sized boxes - just standard sized, so if you want to do the odd box you would merely follow whatever scoring directions you follow now.

I wish everyone would get to see these - but even when I got to Michaels there were only two left. And honestly with a 40% off coupon - you're talkin about 12 bucks. I think the Scor Pal was a very very innovative idea - but now it's been improved upon by about 100%. The only advantage I can see for Scor pal now is that it has developed a metric version (which those that use metric must surely appreciate).
Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #97
Polyshrink Goddess

I havn't had a chance to check out Michael's lately as I can't drive due to broken neck. But I'll bet they are out of them by now at that price.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #98
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
Val-
you are a rock star!

Has anyone told you that today?? You are soooo helpful!!

Val and Diana both are superstars! I think I might have a new scoring tool coming my way soon.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I'm house bound with a broken neck so am going to have to bum a ride to Michael's to see this scoreboard if they have it in Winchester.
Ouch! Take it easy, there! No sense hurting yourself, 'k? Maybe a phone call to your M's ahead of time to see if it's even there would be a good idea.

On another note, I just stopped by my M's on the way home from grocery shopping "just to see," lol. Well, they DID have 3 of them hanging there, with 25% off signs all over the section. So I took it up to the cash register "just to see" if it was included in the 25% Turns out even though the sign refers to glue, scrapbooking and "general craft" MS stuff being on sale, this little puppy rang up full price, not 25% off. So, since I was already there, I pulled out my 50% off coupon from my last visit there and got the thing for $10.

I gotta quit stopping in Michael's "just to see" what's goin' on...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #100
Polyshrink Goddess

Default MIchaels

I find I really have to watch when I buy things there. The sign will be up but they won't honor it like the time they had paper pads on sale and on the same display were packages of orange and black cardstock. I took it up and it wasn't on sale. I think most places honor their signs but sometimes it gets tricky at Michaels.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #101
Glitter Queen

Love my scor-pal!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #102
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmurfBEView Post
Val and Diana both are superstars! I think I might have a new scoring tool coming my way soon.
Ok, so I was wrong.....I got a new scoring tool AND a new Scor-Pal in the mail today!

Thank you, Diana!
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14