Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scor Pal-do I need the mat too?

Hello All!

I am considering buying the Scor Pal and see they have a mat as well. Do I need both or just the scor pal? I have a CM mat plus a larger quilters mat already. Just don't want to buy something that I don't need. Thank you! Stacey in NC.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

Personally I feel it comes down to conveniences with the mat from Scor-Pal. I just purchased the Ultimate Kit because even though I have both of the mats you described as having, it seemed so convent to be able to score one second - throw the mat into the Scor-Pal on either side- depending on what I am doing (cutting or needing an easy workstation for messy things) and continue, verses move the scor-pal out of the way to continue working. My alone time is little and too precious to have to continue to move items I want to use out of the way to continue on a project.

So I really feel everyone has different needs- mine was since the mat fits prefectly into the scor-pal- so the scor-pal then can always stay right in front of my workstation to make everything easiler and quicker..

I am sure loads of people will have different options.. look forward to reading them. I ordered my Scor-Pal Ultimate kit yesterday- looking froward to recieving it and being able to use it. I have the Crafters Companion and I was totally disappointed in that product.... I am hopeing the Scor-PAl will fit my needs much better. I also get extra goodies to try with the Ultimate pachage, I have heard such great things about the tape alone... I can't wait...

Sheena
Old 12-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I have both the scor pal and the mat and probably don't really need the mat. You can use it to do your messy work on and not ruin your work surface - the mat cleans up well with alcohol. Rubbing alcohol, that is, not the drinking kind! My work surface is not that delicate so I find myself working on it more often than the mat with just a piece of paper underneath my project for protection and stamping off. I use the scor pal just about every day and just find myself having to move the mat out of the way. On a positive note, I got the mat really cheap at a scrapbooking store that was going out of business so at least I have it if I need it. Good luck with your decision!

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.

Last edited by biblesistersmom; 12-01-2009 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I like that the mat measurements line up perfectly with the measurements on the Scor-Pal so when I am cutting with a craft knife and ruler I can line it up exactly and cut with precision. It's also great to use if you need to extend your line (not for scoring, but for paper placement) you can line your mat up at the base of the board and know that it's accurate. Ex: say you need to line up points before scoring and the bottom point exceeds the Scor-Pal, by lining up the mat you instantly can ensure that your points are lined up correctly.