Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Question Sailor 2-in-1 Glue vs. SU! 2-way Glue ???

I read in another thread in the Mission: Organization thread where some UM-ters use Sailor 2-in-1 glue for unmounting their stamps instead of EZMount or ATIOAO glue.

I have a question for anyone who has both the Sailor 2-in-1 and SU 2-way Glue pens: What is the difference between the two? Why would you use the S2N1 glue and not use the SU 2-way glue?

My next question is if you've used the S2N1 glue in unmounting your stamps, what has been your experience? I unmounted my stamps two years ago and used EZM, but once I used up my EZM stash, I decided it was too expensive to continue to use, so I decided that for unmounting future wood-mount sets I would place the rubber stamp sticky side down on a piece of cling vinyl, trim it and spray Krylon Easy Tack onto the vinyl. I then let it set for about an hour and use the stamp as I would any other unmounted stamp. The Krylon spray is like liquid post-it note in a can. It's worked well for me.

Now that SU has entered the unmounted cling mount "market", I've found that the SU cling is not very cling-y; even if my clear block is clean. With my first set I followed SU!'s instructions for mounting the set, then I lightly sprayed the easy tack spray onto the image sticker for more cling. It works fine.

Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to really get a good understanding of the use of Sailor 2n1 glue and whether it's essentially the same as the SU! brand of 2-way glue. I never thought to use my SU! 2-way glue for unmounting my sets.

Thanks,
Kelli
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!