Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question QUESTION ABOUT STAMP STORAGE

Okay everyone, first and foremost, i should probably introduce myself. My name is Dawnie and I am relatively new to this site. I love card making and have alot of stuff. I have recently purchased a ez mount stamps for my unmounted stamps which i will be organizing into a notebook AND for my clear sets, I have ordered a 7 gypsies stamp carousel (i got it 19.99), which is why i bought it otherwise i think i may have tried other things.
Now the reason I am asking is because along with the 7 gypsies stamp holder i bought the refills (it only comes with 10 in the pack), yeah, that doesn't even put a dent in my stash. :rolleyes:
What i am wondering is, I recently found the refills for the 7 gypsies carousel photo one. It is 4x6 size for pictures, and they are relatively cheap where i found, them. They look exactly the same, even the carousels look the same. Only the sizes of the storage are different...the stamp ones are 5x7 i believe, which is good, because i have alot of the inkadinkao stamps and other sets that are a little larger, so, they larger ones will definitely come in handy.
My question is, can i use the 4x6 photo ones on my clear stamp carousel or will they not fit. i do not want to spend the money only to have them not fit. i would not mind two different sizes on the carousel, as long as they fit and work well, but i do not want to spend the money only to find ot it doesn't work, because many places do not take things back, once you open them, and how else do you figure it out, unless you get the item and try to put it on (you know what i mean? :confused:
I would appreciate anyone's input on here. I am sure someone has probably answered this before, but I read the first four or five pages of posts and didn't find anything, so i thought i would ask anyways. Any help from ANYONE, who knows about this stuff will be so helpful! I will be getting my stuff any day now! And i want to be able to buy the things and have them ready when everything gets here...
Thanks...it is nice to meet everyone!
Dawnie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Can't help you with your question, but thought I would tag onto your post with my own problem. Maybe someone can help us both?
Problem: TOO MANY INDIVIDUAL STAMPS. How does one store them? I am addicted to rubber stamps and buy and buy. Have tried different plastic drawer units, a cardboard drawer unit, shoeboxes, etc. I don't want to "stack" them for fear of squashing them, don't really want to buy more storage things to try and fail. In desperation I have donated a lot of my stamps to the thrift store just to get rid of them. They don't sell at garage sales in my area, I am getting ready to move into smaller living space and need to downsize just about everything I own. I have tons of SU sets that are not too difficult to store in their boxes, but the smaller stamps I buy at craft stores, on-line, are creating a big headache for me. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you,
Sally P.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

For my individual stamps, I use the ArtBinhard plastic cases. Joannes sells them for $6.99, but I only buy them with a coupon or on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Red face

Thank you for your reply. I will check on them. It is such a dilemma. I love stamps and stamping. But often can't find the stamp I am looking for due to the volume of stamps I own and love.
Thanks again.
sp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:22 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I store my individual stamps in new pizza boxes. The pizza store sells them to me for $.50 to $1. They are just the right size, and sturdy. I mark the end with the catagory, i.e. flowers, butterflies & birds, kitchen, animals, Christmas, etc. You can stack them 7 high, at least.
I have them in a top of a closet, and have them stored that way for more than 10 years.
It's the most affordable solution. Good luck in whatever you decide. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Wow, that is a great idea! You may have helped me "save" my collection!!!!! Thank you! I have looked at the storage units with the shallow drawers, but they are pretty pricey and they take up a lot of room in themselves. This may just work! I buy all these stamps and do get a big kick out of them, so I was really bummin' about getting rid of them because I can't manage them. I am going to give this a try. The stamps are pretty hard to categorize, but if I can at least contain them so they don't get ruined just sitting on top of one another and getting gouges in the rubber, etc., that would be helpful. I wonder if the "party supply" stores sell pizza boxes? I can check around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Default stamp storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
I store my individual stamps in new pizza boxes. The pizza store sells them to me for $.50 to $1. They are just the right size, and sturdy. I mark the end with the catagory, i.e. flowers, butterflies & birds, kitchen, animals, Christmas, etc. You can stack them 7 high, at least.
I have them in a top of a closet, and have them stored that way for more than 10 years.
It's the most affordable solution. Good luck in whatever you decide. Eileen
Thanks so much for sharing what a grear idea.

Desiderata
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

I am fairly new so I haven't collected that much compared to some people. I was running into a problem storing my stamps though. I just bought some "stuftainers" by Stampendous! and I love them. They are thin plastic clamshell cases. They are about the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and snap shut. They come in different thicknesses so you can store both wooden mounted stamps and clear stamps depending on the thickness that you get. I and really happy with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

To everyone who gave some ideas regarding stamp storage, it is much appreciated. I have ALOT of clear or acrylic stamp sets mainly Inkadinkado, a few Stampendous and a majority of them the very small stamp square sets that you get in the dollar bin at Michaels and Joanns, they are usually Hampton Art's sets or Studio G's. The clear sets are what I am looking to store...I was trying to cut down on the clutter that is around me when I am looking for stamps to use.

I also buy alot of my wood stamps in the dollar bin at Michaels as well...and because of it i have emassed a major collection, which i have pretty organized at this point. But I have to say that the Pizza Box Idea is a good one. Something to keep in mind in the future as well as the "Stufftainers", so thanks for the information.

All my stamps are great, they are great sets and I love them...but the samll Studio G and Hampton Art Ones alone, i have collected over 50 of them in a short time. And the Inkadinkado ones I have quite a bit of a collection of as well...And when i go to look for a stamp, I have to pull them out like a deck of cards and go through them one by one, this usually takes a lot of time. I was hoping by putting at least the Small stamp collections in one area, that I could keep the clutter down around me while I am stamping AND it would make it easy for me to find a stamp set that I am looking for.

I bought the 7 gypsies and found it to be awesome, i just need the right size holders, because the ones they sell as "clear stamp cover slips" first and foremost hold no stamps whatsoever. the inkadinkado, hero arts etc, are WAY to tall and the stampendous and other stamp sets are too big (width wise)...not by a lot but enough that they don't fit in the holders and even cutting them down does not work on all of them, and on top of not fitting in the holders, they are not staying on the gypsies holder.

I have found that i can go to 7 gypsies and buy the 4x6 slipcovers for relatively cheap, and i think it will work. the rest of my clear sets i will be putting in a notebook via a ez mount stamp n stor. I am buying some with tabs, so i will be able to at least organize them (somehow)...i guess i can do it by "birthday", "butterfly and floral", "dogs", "holiday"...maybe. I guess i will have to sit with them all in front of me and just do it...anyways, thanks for the information all...if anyone has a 7 gypsies and has any other "inside tips" that I can use for it, it would be appreciated!:p
Dawnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Awesome ideas for getting organized without spending a fortune. I bought 7 large pizza boxes yesterday for 50 cents each and filled up five so far with lots of stamps to go, but I am seeing progress and hope. I have more "clear" sets than I realized too. But most of them are pretty small and manageable. Some I had forgotten about completely and I did find a couple "duplicates". Oh well. Possibly this will get me back to stamping rather than just stewing about the confusion. I will probably have to go back and get a few more big pizza boxes. They stack so nicely. I was hesitant about asking but apparently they get this type of request occasionally.
Reply With Quote Likes