Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Products at Archivers

Everyone says that it is well worth the trip to Archivers even if you have a long drive to get there.

Their website lists the kinds of products they have there. I'm curious what companies' products they carry.

I'd love it if those of you familiar with the store could pass along some of the brand names sold at Archivers, specifically paper companies and stamp companies and inks. And do they sell Tim Holtz products? Tattered Angels? Spellbinders?

TIA!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Yes, they have Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, 7 Gypsies, Spellbinders, Sizzix and so much more. They have Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Doodlebug Designs and more gorgeous paper than I could list here. Art Institute glitter, Stickles, Smooch, Glimmer Mist, many colors of embossing powder, many types and brands of inks, all kinds of chipboard and acrylic pieces and albums, and embellishments galore (ribbons, buttons, brads, eyelets, metal charms). Tons of punches and dies and different die cutting machines. I've heard they will start selling Copics soon but I don't know that for sure. They have a lot of of stamps (wood mounted, unmounted rubber and clear). There is a good sized selection of alterable items.

I'm lucky enough to live a few miles from one and it's a stamping and scrapping wonderland. I have to be careful not to go too often or I'd go broke for sure. They are constantly getting new things and it's a very tempting place. If you plan on going, get on their mailing list because they send coupons out regularly via email and snail mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great!! Thanks for all of the info!! I live about 2 hours from an Archivers so it takes some planning. But it's good to know it will be worth a trip .

THANKS again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great!! Thanks for all of the info!! I live about 2 hours from an Archivers so it takes some planning. But it's good to know it will be worth a trip .

THANKS again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

For me its ok but not the end all of supplies. I have one about 40 minutes away and make it up there once a year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole's MomView Post
For me its ok but not the end all of supplies. I have one about 40 minutes away and make it up there once a year.
Not sure if its somewhat different products within the stores or stampers tastes being a little different.

The store near me is wonderful. They usually are the first around here to get new products. The carry so many brands and a great selection of items. Lots of ribbon, acrylic stamps, screens/masks, Smooch, glimmer mist, embossing folders in QuicKutz, Fiskars. Tons of paper. For me in pretty overwhelming to visit an Archiver's they have so much.

I only have JoAnn Superstore, Michael's (but the new updated store), HL, and Marcos Paper near me. Also Stamp Your Art is pretty close as well. I would say Archiver's in my opinion, is the best and my favorite.

Last edited by jent; 08-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I drive all the way from North Texas to South Texas to get to one! Now, granted I am visiting family but they all know one day will be spent at Archivers. Why Dallas does not have one I do not know but it sure breaks up the 'family' time in Houston!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I am one of those that isn't overly impressed either. It is ok, but it seems like there was not stuff there that I couldn't find other places. Now, I have to drive to Atlanta, and if I am going to do that, I would rather go to Rubber Stamp Fantasy or Impressive Ideas. Just a ton more stamps. Now, I am not as big / hot on other embellishments, and tend to lean toward plain cardstock, so I am more interested in the actual stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
I am one of those that isn't overly impressed either. It is ok, but it seems like there was not stuff there that I couldn't find other places. Now, I have to drive to Atlanta, and if I am going to do that, I would rather go to Rubber Stamp Fantasy or Impressive Ideas. Just a ton more stamps. Now, I am not as big / hot on other embellishments, and tend to lean toward plain cardstock, so I am more interested in the actual stamps.
Like Dallas??? We have a few stores and the big chains but they all have the same stuff. We have a great stamp store but product flies off the shelf at Stamp Asylum. The big chains have such poor paper in the single selections. I did find a store but it is 2 hours away. You would think that as big as Dallas is....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess if you have other options for real-life shopping, it would be just another store.

But I don't :( .

Michael's is an hour. Hobby Lobby is an hour. There's a stamp store, 98% wood-mounted, with some ink about 30 minutes; and near there a new little shop with mostly single sheets of DP. There's a good stamp/supply store, Stamp On It, about 2 hours, but mostly wood-mounted, some clear, and no DP (just bulk cs).

I really do all my shopping online. I think it would be fun to walk into a store with so many of my favorite products. . . no shipping, no waiting, no click-on-image-for-a-larger-view LOL!! It will be a novelty for me!

Now... another question. When school starts, if I leave my town around 8:30 a.m. and get there around 10:30 a.m., I have about 2 hours to spend in the store. . . then drive right back to be home when school's out. Enough time?

It's been years since I've driven that far just for one thing -- usually there have to be a few coinciding events to make it seem worthwhile -- but I'm thinking of allowing myself a Fall and a Spring trip to Archiver's.

So... two hours. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

2 hours is good! I had all day and spent 3 the first trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I love to go to Archivers...it's about 1/2 hour away, and I go at least once a month. As far as stamps go (my favorite thing!) they have almost all of the new Hero Arts "Clings" stamps that they came out with, and they carry some Our Stamp Lounge sets. They have many sets of Stampendous Clear sets that are exclusive to their store, too. They have Penny Black clear stamps...I haven't seen those at other stores. They also have a great supply of ribbon-by-the-yard, lots of gems, and the Scor-Pal, and Scor-it (I think). I think two hours would be enough time if you have a plan of what you're looking for, and don't spend too much time in the "Clearance" area looking at marked-down paper (that's what eats up my time!!)

Stephanie A
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I have a 2 hour drive and DH knows when we go there I'm stopping even if for just a few minutes to look around. All we have in my town is Walmart. So I reallyenjoy it when I get the chance to see other products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #14  
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I guess if you have other options for real-life shopping, it would be just another store.

But I don't :( .

Michael's is an hour. Hobby Lobby is an hour. There's a stamp store, 98% wood-mounted, with some ink about 30 minutes; and near there a new little shop with mostly single sheets of DP. There's a good stamp/supply store, Stamp On It, about 2 hours, but mostly wood-mounted, some clear, and no DP (just bulk cs).

I really do all my shopping online. I think it would be fun to walk into a store with so many of my favorite products. . . no shipping, no waiting, no click-on-image-for-a-larger-view LOL!! It will be a novelty for me!

Now... another question. When school starts, if I leave my town around 8:30 a.m. and get there around 10:30 a.m., I have about 2 hours to spend in the store. . . then drive right back to be home when school's out. Enough time?

It's been years since I've driven that far just for one thing -- usually there have to be a few coinciding events to make it seem worthwhile -- but I'm thinking of allowing myself a Fall and a Spring trip to Archiver's.

So... two hours. What do you think?
I could easily spend 2 hours in a specialty scrapping/stamping store that I've never been to! Heck, I can spend over an hour in Michaels or Hobby Lobby and I practically know their inventory inside and out.

So, if I were making a special trip to visit a store, I would probably make a list of the things I want/need to look for, prioritize the items, and set a spending limit. I'd give myself some wiggle room just in case I see something I hadn't anticipated and "just have to buy it." But I'd try not to succumb to impulse or break the bank. I wouldn't want to get all the way home and have buyer's remorse, because I'm not likely to turn around and drive that far to return something, KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the advice, MissIowa ;) !! I'll try to be prepared!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

It may also depend upon the store and what you are looking for. Our store carries a little of a lot of items so there's not a lot to choose from if you're looking for embossing folders or dies, other than Sizzix (they seem to have a lot of those) Lots of paper, lots of embellishments Worth the trip if you've never been to one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live 2 minutes away from an Archivers. They carry alot of things that the other stores in the area don't (and I have ALOT of good stores near by, they all just carry different things) Archivers doesn't accept competitors coupons and the coupons are only 30%. I usually go somewhere I can use a coupon. They don't really have "sales" either.I find that while they have some really cool stuff, they are more expensive. That being said...I do often pay full prices at Archivers because they have some great stuff....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Default Archivers

Would anyone have an Archivers coupon or two they would want to share. My daughters & I are leaving early tomorrow AM & plan on going to Archivers. My Coupons expired in Feb. Thx.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

I live about a half hour from Archiver's and go past there at least once a week...I stop in maybe once a month. Here is my opinion:

Yes it is worth the drive if you haven't been there before! It is fun to browse products in person!! I always end up buying a stack of single sheets of DP that grab my attention, as these are horrible to browse online. However as far as tools, inks, stamps, albums, etc...these are all priced at MSRP and if I find something I love, I go home and order it at 2/3 of the price online with shipping in most instances. Yep, once in a while I see something for $14.99 and I know I can get it for $10.35 shipped at scrapbookingalley but I buy it anyway cuz I want it NOW. LOL

You do have to browse many things in real life to love them...and Archivers carries tons of the products we talk about...even a small selection of Copics now! Still no Spellbinders at my store...yet. But you will find Stickles, Big Shot & Dies, Quickutz, Bind-it-All, Punches galore, Crop-a-dile, Adhesives of all sorts, and DP everywhere!

You will definitely have fun on your first trip, but only you can decide how often to make that trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for adding your great advice, Cher!! If I hear a little voice saying "scrapbookingalley, scrapbooking alley...", I'll know it's you and stop to think if I really need it right NOW!! But you're right, it's fun to look in person now and then, and as I don't get to do that very much, I'll definitely head down there one day soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #21  
Inking Addict

I think there is one thing that needs to be added to all the information on Archiver's. I go there about every 6 weeks because it is a 4 hour drive for me. I love all the help they give you. I am a real novice in the stamping world and they are always willing to help, explain different techniques, products, how to tidbits. That means a lot to me. I know that if I have a question the staff there can answer any questions. I recently was in the market for the Big Shot and they were wonderful in teaching me the in's and out's of the machine. I also have bought things from them, ran out of the item in the middle of the projects, called them and they sent it out in the mail ASAP. Yes, prices are a little higher but the customer service is worth it to me. I think they definitely have some of the nicest papers. Now, that said, I have to admit that I do not have access to any decent stamping or scrapbooking stores. The best I have in my area is my SU club. But I still think this is a store that most scrapbookers and stampers would like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Last weekend my husband and I were in Austin and were looking for a Michael's that had Cricut cartridges on sale. Lo and behold, I happened to see an Archiver's store. SCORE!!! I was so thrilled. We had carved out some time for me to shop at Michael's, so I did have time to shop. I would've been so sad if I hadn't. I live in a smallish city and just have HL, Mikes, Joann's, and a small LSS. I was amazed at the fun stuff that I found. If I had one two hours away, it would be fun to take a day for myself and make the trip. Go to the library and get a book on tape and make it a mental health day, indeed.

Also, you might look to see if they're having demos or anything online. I was disappointed to find out that I could have taken a class had we been there two hours earlier! GOod luck!
Reply With Quote Likes