Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Where do you get your envelopes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/where-do-you-get-your-envelopes-t508625.html)

Kathy LeDonne 10-10-2010 07:34 PM

Where do you get your envelopes?

I'm looking for a source for good quality envelopes (white and cream) in A6 and A2 sizes. I prefer a square flap. I will be buying these in bulk (either 250 or 500 of each). Does anyone have a source they use that has good prices and good shipping?

cardsbynikki 10-10-2010 09:05 PM

I found today I can buy A2 white wove envelopes on Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. - they are true A2 and not the "4x6 photo envelopes" sold at the Walmart Stores. It cost me 97 cents for the shipping.

They are an ok quality - they work, for an envie I think but they are nice enough. If you want really nice envelopes then I would go with Classic Crest envelopes, PTI envelopes or Gina K envelopes. You will pay a little more per piece.

I get my Classic Crest envelopes from Anchor Paper - you can buy in bulk and the price per envelope is about a dime. I love them, very nice quality, and it's great working with Anchor Paper (they have awesome customer service). You can get the Classic Crest in 9 colors (including several shades of white and ivory) and you can get them in A2 or A6 sizes (or A7, #10 and #24). It has a square flap. Shipping is not super cheap but is reasonable considering the size boxes they have to mail you for 1000 envelopes total!

250 envelopes for the Classic Crest is $22.17 for the A2 and $25.81 for the A6.

Anchor Paper Online Express Classic Crest Envelopes

Julie in Indy 10-11-2010 02:11 AM

I buy mine at Office Depot.

Allistamps123 10-11-2010 09:11 AM

I used to buy them at Wal-Mart but they changed to the photo size. I got horrible ones at Staples and Michael's that I threw away!
I do order from SU and they are wonderful!
I'll check out WM.com....thanks!

GypsyRoseStamper 10-11-2010 09:14 AM

You probably have a commercial paper supplier nearby. The ones I've been to sell to the public, and sometimes they have clearance boxes. I bought quite a few boxes at a local paper supplier, Kelly Paper. There is quite a difference in price between a brand like Neenah and their own brand. Xpedx is another company located in large cities.

My latest addition came from a garage sale: 3 almost full boxes (250) of A-2 and A-6 envelopes for $10!

bweaz 10-11-2010 11:19 AM

I get mine at clearbags.com. I got 1,000 for $40. They are the cheapies, as I don't care about the quality of the envelope, just the card. But they have nicer ones and the nicer ones aren't a bad price either. Shipping is kind of high, but I haven't found any place that is better as of yet.

uncbballfan 10-11-2010 06:38 PM

I get mine at miracle-envelopes.com. They are super quality, square flap, super fast shipping. I've ordered from them several times. And come in the sizes you're wanting.

nicmowat 10-31-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bweaz (Post 17426758)
I get mine at clearbags.com. I got 1,000 for $40. They are the cheapies, as I don't care about the quality of the envelope, just the card. But they have nicer ones and the nicer ones aren't a bad price either. Shipping is kind of high, but I haven't found any place that is better as of yet.

which ones from them do you consider the "cheapies" ? i'm trying to figure out all their different types of envelopes.

whoistracy 11-01-2010 10:09 AM

I found Anchor Paper due to a thread on SCS a year or two ago:
Anchor Paper Company

Great shipping and their prices were fab. I received my envies in less than 1 week. Their online store isn't as pretty as some, but if you call you will speak with a real live person. They're a printer, not just some reseller.

sprtchick 11-01-2010 11:41 AM

another vote for ClearBags - Promote, Protect and Preserve. I order 3000 at a time and it is like a little over $100.00 delivered. I am happy with the quality and always come back for more.
blessings.

rockandrollstamper 11-09-2010 10:04 AM

I buy mine at Staples. they have both white & cream in quantities of 100 for about $11.00. I don't know if that is a good price, but I know that I don't have to wait for it & I don't pay any shipping. Pay & go.

Pamstamps2 11-11-2010 07:33 PM

You can also try Marco's paper. They have a lot of different sizes and weights.

bound4london 11-11-2010 09:17 PM

I buy mine from Paper Zone. Don't know if they sell online though.

diecutDiva 11-12-2010 02:40 AM

A2 envelopes

I have an Accucut machine and several sizes of envelope dies. I buy the 24 lb paper nice and heavy and make my own................best investment I made, as I have alot of their card diecuts so can make cards and envelopes at the same time.

Jami 11-12-2010 07:07 AM

I discovered Envelopper Inc when shopping for envelopes for my niece's wedding. They are high quality and for what I needed they had the best price I found. They will send you up to 5 samples for free before you order. I don't think they have square flaps though.