Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Versafine Onyx Black Archival (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/versafine-onyx-black-archival-t464017.html)

Marshaspeck50 10-15-2009 12:56 PM

Versafine Onyx Black Archival

I absolutely love this inkpad. It is bright and definitely black. It does not smear when using gamsol or watercolor. My problem is my pad is running out. I have searched on the internet for a re-inker and cannot find one. Do they not make one? If they do, can anyone tell me where I could get my hands on one?

GypsyRoseStamper 10-15-2009 01:51 PM

Unless there has been some recent change that I don't know about, there are no re-inkers for Versafine.

bwstamper 10-15-2009 02:05 PM

I believe they recently started making Versafine reinkers. You can find the Onyx Black
here. I have never ordered from this company but I do think the refills are difficult to find. It might be less expensive to just buy another ink pad. Hobby Lobby has them and their ink is on sale this week.

Marshaspeck50 10-15-2009 03:48 PM

thanks for the info. It is cheaper to buy a new ink pad.

stampinovice 10-15-2009 06:28 PM

Michaels carry the versafine inkpads. Grab yourself a coupon- they are available on other posts and get a new pad. I really like them too. Try the brown one too. I think you'll like it.

Angelnorth 10-16-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshaspeck50 (Post 15362726)
thanks for the info. It is cheaper to buy a new ink pad.

That's true but a reinker typically refreshes a pad multiple times. I haven't tried the Versafine ones but every other type of reinker I have ever bought has way more ink than the capacity of the pad so if you get the reinker, you'll be able refill your pad several times.

They only do black and sepia reinkers, not the other colours in the Versafine range, BTW.

meluvstampin 10-16-2009 03:19 AM

WIth shipping - I just buy the new inkpads at M's with a coupon. I wish they sold the reinker.

hawk 10-16-2009 06:17 AM

I am having the same debate with myself. love love love the versafine but no reinkers available here yet. yes the reinker would refill the pad several times but the cost of a refill with s&h I could buy several new pads locally with coupon. Why o why can't we have all the toys we want when we want them????????????

Bahb 10-20-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshaspeck50 (Post 15361150)
I absolutely love this inkpad. It is bright and definitely black. It does not smear when using gamsol or watercolor. My problem is my pad is running out. I have searched on the internet for a re-inker and cannot find one. Do they not make one? If they do, can anyone tell me where I could get my hands on one?

.com will have them.

It might be just my imagination, but I've found reinkers to be less satisfying than the new original pads, in most brands, but in Versafine particularly. Once the original is dry, it seems like I'm having to use the reinker every time I use the pad, and I use the Onyx as a staple. The same is true with my one other staple, Versamark, clear.

I was hoping to some day find a dye ink that does for detail what VersaFine does, but so far no luck. Palette Noir runs a close second, but that pad arrived dry and the reinker is quite watery, as it is with the Palette New Canvas.

Please do tell, if you have a favorite ink for capturing fine detail on rubber stamps. Also I'm looking for an eraser that will erase ink and Le Plume markers. I guess that's looking for Nirvana. :-)

11Valerie11 10-20-2009 08:09 AM

Memento dye inks are pretty good on fine detail.

And I totally agree with you on reinkers, rarely do they stamp as well as the original - this goes for SU!, Adirondack, Versamark, etc...

No help on the ink eraser. Although I did just read an email that talked of the benefits of cucumber; one was to rub an ink mark off paper with the outside of a cucumber....didn't snopes it though.