Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   A tiny request (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/tiny-request-t500043.html)

Barbara Jay 07-26-2010 01:20 AM

A tiny request

When someone posts a question It would be helpful if the subject line included the topic. If one person has a problem usually there are others with the same problem
Furthermore, just the word "help" as a subject is not useful if someone is doing a search for an answer to a question that may have been answered in the past . I try to see if someone has asked my question in the past before I post a duplicate
I hope no one takes offense I mean this in a helpful way.
Thanks

Valli 07-26-2010 09:31 AM

I'm with you!

RHS 07-26-2010 09:38 AM

Totally agree.

vaitiare 07-26-2010 04:39 PM

Great suggestion. I think we forget sometimes. Thank you for all you do!

GramMcCaul 07-27-2010 05:08 AM

Good Idea

26favors 07-30-2010 10:22 AM

Hear Hear! There should be some kind of system that won't accept a post without a topic. I tend to skip over posts that begin with "does anyone have......", etc.

11Valerie11 07-30-2010 04:53 PM

While I think it is a good idea to post a full sentence in your topic post for information's sake, if you just put your curser over the subject it will pop up a box with the rest of the text from the post - no need to click unless you want to.

329shana 07-30-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 17093779)
Not to be snarky but "a tiny request" is a very unspecific topic line as well. It's about the same as putting "help".

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! Must be a Hoosier thing. ;) Also, while I love the cursor thing on my home computer, it does not work on my cell phone. Drives me BATTY that I have to click on every title to see what the thread is about!

princessmeshelle 07-31-2010 12:27 AM

Totally agree.. Even just "help! ____ problem!"Fillin the blank with whatever is giving you a problem! I have trouble with trying to concise, but I do try.

Barbara Jay 07-31-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 17093779)
Not to be snarky but "a tiny request" is a very unspecific topic line as well. It's about the same as putting "help".

I tried to come up with a specific topic line, but they all looked abrasive. Please use a subject line/ topic line; A subject would be appreaciated , etc. I certainly didn't want it to look harsh or for anyone to take offense so I just left it as a Tiny Request.
Plus I figured no one would need to do a search for this thread :)

ValH 07-31-2010 01:15 PM

I am embarrased to admit that I posted a "please help" today. I will try to be more concise in the future.

I will respond to any cries of help whether or not they have an appropriate subject line if I can help. I guess it's like people who won't fill in the details when you upload a card. I won't comment on a card if the poster just directs me to her blog.

26favors 08-04-2010 03:29 PM

11valerie11 and others.......depending on the computer that I am using...they don't all show the pop-up box that says ".....curser (sp: cursor) over the subject it will pop up a box with the rest of the text from the post - no need to click unless you want to."

26favors 08-04-2010 03:52 PM

shana and gale - you missed the point........"A tiny request" was trying to make a point in a non-aggressive way.....
Here's the thing.......we're all busy......we're stressed to the max; we just need info quickly and succinctly........so WE CAN HELP.
'Splain it, Lucy. [ref: I Love Lucy] We will help you. But 'splain it quickly. Don't make us wonder what you're thinkin'.........get to the point......we got kids to pick up and grandkids to tend to.......

rembrandt 08-04-2010 06:06 PM

I kinda liked "a tiny request"! I made me very VERY curious - 'specially since I'm new here and want to make sure I don't make any stupid mistakes!
Thanks for the tip!
God Bless