Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Pasta Machine Embossing with CB Folders (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/pasta-machine-embossing-cb-folders-t235890.html)

judylb 03-27-2007 06:04 AM

Pasta Machine Embossing with CB Folders

Had one of those EUREKA moments when I saw my lonely pasta machine setting there unused since I haven't done any polymer clay in ages. Ran a Cuttlebug embossing folder thru it on the 6 setting (Atlas machine) and it worked perfectly. You need to guide it out and forward as it passes thru but worked just like the Cuttlebug and one heck of a lot cheaper. Have seen them for around $14 in stores. Also ran a brass stencil thru on the 6 setting with layer ONE a piece of fun foam, layer TWO cardstock and layer THREE the brass stencil--also worked great but will put a curve in the stencil--since I rarely use them because of the labor involved figured at least this way I would get some good out of them. They do straighten out and doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. I wouldn't recommend trying the cutting dies though, but for embossing is works fantastic.

beadfreak22 03-27-2007 06:09 AM

Brilliant!

judylb 03-27-2007 07:09 AM

Correction on the pasta machine setting for the brass stencil--used ONE (Atlas machine), not SIX. Machines vary so you would have to experiment.

kaenasmommy 03-27-2007 09:27 AM

doesnt this just rock?
i had posted it a while back, but what i also did, still have to post pics, was a removed the bottom of my machine, and changed the screws to longer ones with nuts to make the machine taller and not have the folder bend when its coming out. i need to get even taller screws but its works better than it did before.

rocketgirl96 03-27-2007 10:42 AM

If you put the folders in - seam side first - then it kind of pops out on it's own. You don't need to bend/guide it.

Also, I've used the pasta machine for the die cuts as well. I just use a piece of fun foam underneath the cardstock to "protect" the pasta machine. Although recently, I've just been doing without because it does cut through the fun foam and I ran out, but the fun foam is cheap and you get two diecuts that way. :)

Christine

STAMPINGODDESS 03-27-2007 01:02 PM

Hey, anyone want a used pasta machine! I have one collecting dust from my primo clay days and I haven't caught the cuttlebug craze!

stampinsweeney 03-27-2007 07:50 PM

Great idea! I just got the Cuttlebug as a bday gift, but for the use of brass stencils I am completely on board with that!

stamps&cars 03-28-2007 10:34 PM

Maybe I should have known this before I purchased my Big Shot!

Marzbar71 03-29-2007 05:24 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if this would work on those Fiskars texture plates too?

I may have to invest in one of these just to play around. I think I saw them under 20 dollars.

Marzee