Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   inches or cm's oz and card bases (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/inches-cms-oz-card-bases-t557266.html)

sezzy 07-09-2012 08:15 AM

inches or cm's oz and card bases

I wanted to make 3x3 note cards and layer them . it seems to not be quite right using a4 i assume these are done 12x12 . I am new to this I have mainly A4 card stock

do most people in oz use inches? for paper it seems to be most referred to .. Please excuse the question
thanks in advance

dini 07-09-2012 11:33 AM

A4 is 8.27 x 11.69 inches, so it's not *quite* long enough or wide enough to get 6 cards out of it.

You could do 2.75x2.75 and get 6 though!

Misstreez 07-09-2012 01:01 PM

I'm an Aussie, and for the most part I measure and cut in cm. When I have made 3x3 (not often) I'd be okay about cutting down my A4 to get the right size and just use the left overs for layering. I use inches whenever it suits me too. I cut everything to suit whatever I'm doing with whatever I got.

Hunterri 07-10-2012 01:10 AM

I'm with Theresa on this one, it's either cut our A4 accordingly, or resize. Another thing I do is when I buy cardstock for scrapbooking I make sure I get 12" x 12", then I can work on imperial based projects without hurting my brain too much! I know that Spotlight are having a sale on Kaisercraft cardstock for 49cents a sheet currently. That is 12" x12". Not really thick enough for cards tho, better for scrapbooking, but definately can do in a pinch! Good luck with your note cards!

debzi333 07-10-2012 02:45 AM

I use both imperial and metric, here in Canada. I think you'll find most British people will use metric. In fact, I think only the US does not measure in metric. Canada is 50/50, but the younger people in Canada use metric nearly exclusively.

Cook22 07-10-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333 (Post 19546255)
I use both imperial and metric, here in Canada. I think you'll find most British people will use metric. In fact, I think only the US does not measure in metric. Canada is 50/50, but the younger people in Canada use metric nearly exclusively.

Grin - I think that's an age thing. I'm old enough to span the move from imperial to metric so I can do both, but I must admit that thanks to the amount of time I spend here I probably work more in inches.
And I must admit that when I saw the thread title this morning, I read oz as the abbreviation for ounces, since we were talking measurements, LOL.

scrappyoz 07-12-2012 09:57 PM

Another Aussie here and for everything other than papercrafting I use metric measurements, but for all my papercrafting I use imperial measurements. I know it sound strange, but it came about due to all my scrapbooking tools when I first started out only having imperial/inches measurements LOL. ;) Now I'm just used to thinking of cards, ATCs and LO pages in inches and most of my paper is the 12"x12" size rather than A4.