Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Impress vs Tombow Markers in TAC? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/impress-vs-tombow-markers-tac-t277905.html)

daisyboo 08-14-2007 02:47 PM

Impress vs Tombow Markers in TAC?

So the angel kit comes with your choice of Impress Brights or Tombow Brights (sets of 12.) What is the difference? Are the SU markers made by Tombow? I already have all the SU markers so do you know which set is LEAST like the colors of SU? And is their a difference is basic quality?

Palapala 08-14-2007 03:27 PM

Hi, this is what my demo (AllAmericanStampers) told me:

The Tombow is considered a better marker with better colors. They are more of a rich bright, vs a gaudy bright. I was told the Tombow are just "nicer".

So, I went with the Tombow.

scrappinchick 08-14-2007 04:53 PM

I have both. I prefer the Tombos. Go for the Tombos. ;)

jeanstamping2 08-14-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyboo (Post 6848036)
So the angel kit comes with your choice of Impress Brights or Tombow Brights (sets of 12.) What is the difference? Are the SU markers made by Tombow? I already have all the SU markers so do you know which set is LEAST like the colors of SU? And is their a difference is basic quality?

The Tombow markers are much better in my opinion.

SU Markers are made my Zig. They are both of good qaulity.

Skittl1321 08-15-2007 04:34 AM

I got the impress markers because there are more of them. They are very rich- and the brush side is wonderful- the fine bullet tip dried out quickly, and I stored them horizontally.

I've since gotten tombow- and the markers are FABULOUS. A joy to color with! Easy to blend, and practically seamless on GP white (not so seamless on whisper white, however).

Go for the Tombow's you will not regret it!

Mom0fgirls 08-15-2007 04:54 AM

I agree - the Tombows are better. I got the Impress because there were more of them - but the Tombow colors are much nicer.

mzdjoy 08-15-2007 08:13 AM

:-( I got the Impress markers with my kit and by what you have all said I probably should of gotten the Tombow now.

Skittl1321 08-15-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzdjoy (Post 6855416)
:-( I got the Impress markers with my kit and by what you have all said I probably should of gotten the Tombow now.

You know what though- the impress markers aren't bad. They are a high quality marker (though my fine end did dry out after about a year)- and they are great to color directly on stamps. Don't be disappointed in your choice. But do try tombows if you have a chance.

jeanstamping2 08-15-2007 10:07 AM

Both Markers set's are good ones. It's just a matter of taste in which markers you want and will use.

Back when I joined TAC we were given a choice of starter kits.

And since I had been in a buyer group before I joined.. I went with a Paper work starter kit...Which cost me around $75.00 plus shipping & tax.

So I didn't get any of the Markers until Last year. And I chose Tombow Markers.

Plus now I can go to my Local Stamp Store and purchase single ones. and add to my collection. I printed off of a website all the color's that Tombow carries.

So now I know what color's I have and Love to use.

mzdjoy 08-15-2007 10:25 AM

Well this is good news. I haven't even used my markers yet so I'll have to try them soon to see if I like them. I have the SU markers and the Impress so I don't know if I want to purchase MORE markers. But if Tombow is better I might start out with buying just a few and see what happens. Thanks ladies. :-)