Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/heidi-swapp-edge-distresser-t481863.html)

christinesmom2004 02-26-2010 07:58 AM

Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser
Ugh, this is one of my absolute favorite tools! I used it at a crop a couple of weeks ago and now I cannot find it. It's so small, I'm afraid someone may have picked it up and packed it away without realizing they had it. I've contacted everyone at the crop, but no luck.

So.....I've looked for it online (since I can't find it at any local stores) and when I've found them in stock, shipping prices have been outrageous :rolleyes:. Why, oh why, couldn't I have misplaced something I never use--like my glitter?! Any suggestions on something I could use instead, something I might actually have a chance of finding in Hobby Lobby or Michael's?

StampinHappyInCT 02-26-2010 08:04 AM

If this is what you're talking about, I have one that is gathering dust. PM me your address and I'll send it to you. I do not have the plastic packaging for it.

Sister Kim 02-26-2010 03:58 PM

I used the edge of a pair of scissors and then bought the distress tool. I think the scissors work lots better and are easier to use than the too.

Gatomom 02-26-2010 05:29 PM

Just another thought...I know Close To My Heart sells an edge distresser tool (which I own but also prefer scissors) HTH

addicted2supplies 02-27-2010 03:14 AM

Tim Holtz also has an edge distresser much like the Heidi one. It's even smaller though and I have misplaced a few of them so far. ;)

Another vote for the edge of the scissors. It's a different look and I will sometimes start with the Tim Holtz or Heidi one and then do the scissor thing to add the 'extra' cuts/tears to it.

pbft 02-27-2010 04:25 AM

I read somewhere that the tool we stampers/scrappers call an "edge distressor" is just a repurposed sewing tool called a "thread cutter". Maybe try looking in the notions department of JoAnn's or another store that carries fabric and supplies for something similar.

christinesmom2004 02-27-2010 01:48 PM

Found One!
Thanks for all the ideas ladies--I found one! I was so desperate that I tried scissors and even a couple of files from my BG Precision File set, but nothing works for me as well as my HS distresser. Now, if only it were a little bigger, it would be perfect. I won't be letting this one get away from me!

I am so thankful to find that there are still good people in the world :D. Thank you!

artsy_em 04-10-2010 04:22 PM

I keep hearing that this is the best distressing tool around. Does anyone know where I can find one online that will ship to Canada?

shastess 04-10-2010 06:10 PM

I have the CTMH one AND Tim Holtz and love them both CTMH is very close to Heidi Swapp one

identicaltriplets 04-11-2010 12:57 PM

Glad you found it but in case anyone is wondering, Making Memories has one also. I have several of the Heidi Swapp ones, a Tim Holtz distresser, and the Making Memories distresser. The Making Memories distresser is BY FAR my favorite. I use it almost every time I create. :)

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 PM.