Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Have you seen these yet?? Basic Grey/Sizzix Embossing Folders (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/have-you-seen-these-yet-basic-grey-sizzix-embossing-folders-t501793.html)

meluvstampin 08-08-2010 02:55 PM

Have you seen these yet?? Basic Grey/Sizzix Embossing Folders

I just saw the NEW Basic Grey/Sizzix Embossing Folders at 7kidscollegefund and I love them all!!

Rubber Stamping Supplies Magnolia Stamps Sarah Kay Stamps Nestabilities Martha Stewart Copic Markers

babydal57 08-08-2010 03:58 PM

I saw these at JoAnn's on Friday. The problem is that I like only one in each set, LOL~

So I left with none of them. :rolleyes: I think I'm getting super picky 'cause I already have so much. I guess that's a good thing, right?

cardsbynikki 08-08-2010 04:15 PM

Oh me....oh my.

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE!

Ack, ack ack!

wanda50 08-09-2010 05:47 AM

WOW!!! I want them all.......They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

GramMcCaul 08-09-2010 06:45 AM

will be on the look out for these - wish the pics got bigger tho

Barbara Jay 08-09-2010 07:36 AM

Does anyone know the size of these?

sprtchick 08-09-2010 09:30 AM

I should be getting some of these pretty soon...my friend who is a wholesaler usually orders one of everything for me. I am running out of space for embossing folders...seems like all the companies are jumping on the bandwagon...I just love all the variety of embossing folders that are coming out...love to have many choices...blessings.

Barbara Jay 08-09-2010 09:44 AM

What do they mean by "distress fades"?
Does that mean they will not emboss crisply on the entire piece? Some sections will look like they was missed.
I don't like distressed paper so if those have a distressed appearance then they are not for me

Local Honey 08-09-2010 08:21 PM

I saw these and purchased two sets at Jo-anne's yesterday. At the store there are two folders and a "free" sizzix die with each set. I put free in quotes because these sets are $15.99 reg. price at Joann's, currently on sale for 40% off making them $9.60. I don't have them in front of me so I can't tell you the size, but they are not any smaller than Cuttlebug folders.

Barbara Jay 08-09-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Local Honey (Post 17140271)
I saw these and purchased two sets at Jo-anne's yesterday. At the store there are two folders and a "free" sizzix die with each set. I put free in quotes because these sets are $15.99 reg. price at Joann's, currently on sale for 40% off making them $9.60. I don't have them in front of me so I can't tell you the size, but they are not any smaller than Cuttlebug folders.

Have you had the opportunity to try them? The info says they are "Texture Fades embossing folders" Does that mean they don't emboss uniformly and have areas that are only lightly embossed to give a distressed appearance ?
Thanks
Barbara

Barbara Jay 08-10-2010 08:41 AM

I found the answer to my question about these new embossing folders. They DO produce a "distressed" image. Here is the quote from the Sizzix site and they show larger examples of the image they emboss

Quote:

Distress to impress! Textured Fades Embossing Folders easily emboss in such a way that select areas of the image appear perfectly faded and distressed. You can turn ordinary cardstock, paper, metallic foil or vellum into an embossed, textured masterpiece.
The Sizzix site pictures show they do not emboss uniformly . The Sizzix site says these embossing folders showcase the "Bold and Edgy style of Tim Holtz"
I don't like distressed anything so these are off my wish list

poguemom 09-01-2010 12:14 PM

My sets don't say fades on them. I just ran some scraps through my embosser and they were very crisp. I got one set with peppermint candies and one set with holly leaves and berries. I think they are very pretty. I can try to post a pic if someone wants, but it is hard to get a detailed shot of the embossing... Got mine at Joann's also.

poguemom 09-01-2010 12:18 PM

Here's the link for them....says they have deep texture.
Sizzix.com - Texture Boutique

NikiM 09-01-2010 06:27 PM

I am pretty sure the distressed ones are Tim Holtz only.

christina.kavitz 10-06-2010 04:47 AM

I love the new folders! I cant wait to buy them! Have to wait for that nice Joanns coupon though. LOL :)

criminalgrace 10-06-2010 06:09 AM

Those are fabulous! Good thing I'm planning a trip to JoAnn's at lunch. I just hope they have them in our tiny store.

kymom 10-06-2010 07:30 AM

Does anybody know if Michael's will carry this in the store?

nestof3 10-27-2010 03:20 PM

A C Moore had them! They are buy one, get one half price. I bought all of these:

Our Nest of 3: Crazy A C Moore Shopping Trip

Erin in Okc 12-04-2010 12:53 PM

Do Michael's or Hobby Lobby carry these? I was just at Hobby Lobby, and the only embossing folders I saw were Cuttlebug, but that doesn't mean they weren't there somewhere.