Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Angelina Fibers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/angelina-fibers-t590282.html)

Buried Treasures 07-30-2014 06:28 AM

Angelina Fibers

Has anyone used Angelina fiber in their cardmaking? I've seen it in the past but didn't know what to do with it. I watched a youtube video from Clarity Stamp Co in the UK and she made a corset with the fiber strands underneath and I love it!

Here's the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/et_anU1IvRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a link to what Angelina is.

Angelina Fiber

Louisa May 07-30-2014 09:32 AM

I have it but have never used it. To be honest, it scares me because I don't understand what it really is and am hesitant about the fumes.

Buried Treasures 07-30-2014 10:22 AM

It is made of polyester and there are no fumes. I've used it in the past but not in connection with stamping.

Louisa May 07-30-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried Treasures (Post 20705301)
It is made of polyester and there are no fumes. I've used it in the past but not in connection with stamping.

Thanks. I'm going to try it, maybe not with stamping but on mixed media projects. I bought it online, and when I got it, it felt like weird plastic

Rachelrose 07-30-2014 01:43 PM

I was stunned that you could put a hot iron on that clear stamp and it didn't melt!

Very interesting video, I really enjoyed it! Even if I never get any fiber, it was fun to watch! :-)!

Louisa May 07-31-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelrose (Post 20705468)
I was stunned that you could put a hot iron on that clear stamp and it didn't melt!

Very interesting video, I really enjoyed it! Even if I never get any fiber, it was fun to watch! :-)!

Barbara Gray is so talented she could stickle the Brooklyn Bridge and sell it as a gold mine.

Cook22 07-31-2014 09:56 AM

I have used something very similar - fantasy fibre from Art Glitter. I find the fusible film much easier to use (as in, to come up with ideas for using) than the fibres, though I have occasionally used the fibres.
And Robin - I must admit that while I am usually a bit more nervous about using my clear stamps with the iron than my rubber ones, but I think that may just be a matter of perception. I use a sheet of baking parchment in between the iron and the fibre/film.

shazsilverwolf 08-01-2014 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another couple of examples of what you can do with it here:
Attachment 297211

Attachment 297212
The panel is a large stamp, I covered the different areas with colours, and the main background with white. The dragonfly on the second card is made with the fibres. They do make excellent butterfly/dragonfly/fairy wings. There is also a fusible film you can use in the same way. Remember to put baking parchment over the project before you iron it, no steam. I was surprised that it doesn't harm clear stamps- I tried it with one that I'd be happy to lose if it went wrong, but it works fine.