Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pierceability Problems is it just this vendor or are they all...

I just got an email from Ellen Hutson LLC, Customer Service and this was in the email... I copied and pasted text here:

Yesterday we received our first shipment of Pierceabilities from Spellbinders, and I must tell you that the Pierceabilities shipment that we received does not meet my standards for product quality. After opening several packages and testing the dies, I have come to the decision that I must return the dies to the manufacturer. I found that the hole dimensions are inconsistent and therefore difficult to create with. In addition, the Clear Guide Template is missing from the products shipped to me. I have a photo on my blog post that you may look at.
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/

What a heartbreak for her since this was her idea.
I'm wondering if all the vendors that these were shipped to are all like this.

I have had mine pre-ordered with another new set of their dies and am wondering if the Pierceability's in my order will be like this.
So glad Ellen has checked her order and is looking out for us consumers.

Thanks
Robin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

I got my pre-order in the mail today and I love my new "Labels one dies" and I also got my Piercerabilities...Love them.... Can't wait to create and play with them all this weekend. I did play with my Pierceabilities to make sure they worked. They worked great. These were well worth waiting for IMO.
Robin
Old 11-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by arubberstamperView Post
I just got an email from Ellen Hutson LLC, Customer Service and this was in the email... I copied and pasted text here:

Yesterday we received our first shipment of Pierceabilities from Spellbinders, and I must tell you that the Pierceabilities shipment that we received does not meet my standards for product quality. After opening several packages and testing the dies, I have come to the decision that I must return the dies to the manufacturer. I found that the hole dimensions are inconsistent and therefore difficult to create with. In addition, the Clear Guide Template is missing from the products shipped to me. I have a photo on my blog post that you may look at.
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/

What a heartbreak for her since this was her idea.
I'm wondering if all the vendors that these were shipped to are all like this.

I have had mine pre-ordered with another new set of their dies and am wondering if the Pierceability's in my order will be like this.
So glad Ellen has checked her order and is looking out for us consumers.

Thanks
Robin
Ellen's a very dear friend of mine. And, I'm just sick for her that this was the end result, given that she was the product developer of it.

Due to her expertise, thoroughness and high standards, I trust her judgement implicitly, so I'm gonna hold off ordering Piercabilities (from her--I always order from her cuz she's da BOMB! ) until she gives the thumbs up.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kate over at i {heart} papers had the same problem. See her blog post here: http://blog.iheartpapers.com/2008/11...abilities.html
Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

Default Pierceabilities

Quote:

Originally Posted by arubberstamperView Post
I got my pre-order in the mail today and I love my new "Labels one dies" and I also got my Piercerabilities...Love them.... Can't wait to create and play with them all this weekend. I did play with my Pierceabilities to make sure they worked. They worked great. These were well worth waiting for IMO.
Robin
Hi Robin - I've had my pierceabilities for yonks (when they first came out) - the victorian border and pinking set. I've tried using them but can't get any impressions or piercings - they are coming out like embossing but so faint as to be almost useless - can you tell me how to use them - I have a cuttlebug. Thanks, Valda
Old 12-26-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Matboard Maniac

The pierceabilities were never meant to pierce. They were a guide that gave a pattern that you could pierce or not, whichever you preferred.

As far as getting a good impression in your cuttlebug, it's probably a bit of trial and error. Use your normal embossing sandwich and shim with cardstock as needed. The pressure on the machines varies and what works for some may not work for all.

I would be careful doing this though since use of other manufacturer's products in the cuttlebug is not a practice they promote. It will void your warranty.

Cathy
Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Rubber Obsessor

This says it all:

In years past, PMA has manufactured literally millions of thin metal dies for Quickutz™ and Spellbinder™ Paper Arts. Both companies elected to go to Chinese manufacturers to obtain their products.

http://www.diesdirect.com/
Old 12-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Mad Swapper

Default piercers

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyCView Post
The pierceabilities were never meant to pierce. They were a guide that gave a pattern that you could pierce or not, whichever you preferred.

As far as getting a good impression in your cuttlebug, it's probably a bit of trial and error. Use your normal embossing sandwich and shim with cardstock as needed. The pressure on the machines varies and what works for some may not work for all.

I would be careful doing this though since use of other manufacturer's products in the cuttlebug is not a practice they promote. It will void your warranty.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy. I was obviously mistaken in what I thought the pierceabilities were supposed to do (derrrrrr!). Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Val
Old 12-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyCView Post
Cathy
Really?

I don't own any, but with a name like Pierceabilities it sure sounds like piercing is one of their features.

I found this:

http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blo...wendy-weixler/

and it shows them being used for piercing.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
Mad Swapper

Okay okay - I'm dumb, I admit it. When I bought them I thought they were meant to go through the CB and do something other than cut. I get almost no visible embossing, so as Cathy so kindly said (and she was kind enough not to rub it in!) I need more shim. Thanks Cathy.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #11
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by valminView Post
Hi Robin - I've had my pierceabilities for yonks (when they first came out) - the victorian border and pinking set. I've tried using them but can't get any impressions or piercings - they are coming out like embossing but so faint as to be almost useless - can you tell me how to use them - I have a cuttlebug. Thanks, Valda
Hi Valda, I have the Wizard that I use my pierceabilities in. I added two pieces of cs to shim them as well. It seems the 3000 lbs. of pressure from the Wizard really gives it a deep impression. That's why I love my wizard...it's strong and sturdy. Try using some shims under your sandwhich and run it through your machine two or three times without removing the paper that your using. I hope that helps.
arubberstamper
Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
Really?

I don't own any, but with a name like Pierceabilities it sure sounds like piercing is one of their features.

I found this:

http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blo...wendy-weixler/

and it shows them being used for piercing.
And this article was further down! So, hmmm...I guess it depends on which one you get and if it pierces or not?

http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blo...ties-are-back/
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #13
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2View Post
And this article was further down! So, hmmm...I guess it depends on which one you get and if it pierces or not?

http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blo...ties-are-back/
I think people are reading this post in two different ways. The die itself doesn't pierce for you, but there are embossing holes in the die that you can pierce through manually with a piercing tool. This gives you the option to emboss or pierce.

Spellbinders hasn't made/sold these dies for quite awhile, maybe 6 months?

I hope this helps with the confusion.

Kim