Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Opinions on Rubber Soul clear stamps?

Hello

How do you like using Rubber Soul clear stamps? They have some adorable designs but my SCS search found that most people prefer their wood mount because their clear stamps do not give clear image?

Thank you!
Steph

PS. Sorry that my first post on SCS is to ask for help (sigh...).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Rubber Obsessor

Don't know about Rubber Soul stamps, but have heard that complaint about any clear stamp. . . have been told that you can get a sharper image if you take an eraser to them. (Haven't been able to try this on different stamps, just once and it did help. . . .)

P.S. Posting is posting, I'm not an expert, but doubt anyone is "upset" that your first post is to ask for help. Most ladies on this site are very helpful and seem to encourage us to ask as much as we need!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Kookie Creator

I never thought I'd say this but I absolutely love the Stampin Up Rubber sole stamps in the clear. You can see through the block to see where to stamp. I can't wait til they bring out more 2 step sets. I would highly recommend going to www.youtube.com and putting in the search - Stampin Up clear stamps - to see how to easily put together the stamps before trying to put them together yourself. It sure did help me put mine together correctly. Enjoy

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckaroniView Post
I never thought I'd say this but I absolutely love the Stampin Up Rubber sole stamps in the clear. You can see through the block to see where to stamp. I can't wait til they bring out more 2 step sets. I would highly recommend going to www.youtube.com and putting in the search - Stampin Up clear stamps - to see how to easily put together the stamps before trying to put them together yourself. It sure did help me put mine together correctly. Enjoy
I think the OP might have been referring to these clear stamps:
http://rubbersoul.myshopify.com/coll...mp-sets?page=1

and not actually Stampin' Up!'s Clear Mount stamps (which are actually rubber, and not clear photopolymer).

I've never used any Rubber Sole stamps myself, but have tons and tons of clear photopolymer stamps and love them. I buy mainly line images instead of solids though. I don't have good luck with the solid images, in photopolymer OR in rubber!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfstampsView Post
Hello

How do you like using Rubber Soul clear stamps? They have some adorable designs but my SCS search found that most people prefer their wood mount because their clear stamps do not give clear image?

Thank you!
Steph

PS. Sorry that my first post on SCS is to ask for help (sigh...).
Welcome to SCS! I have clear stamps from different companies. My favorites are the well made polymer stamps. They hold ink extremely well. I do not like the cheapies like Studio G. If you have these you can use a fine grit sandpaper or a white eraser to rough them a bit and then they hols ink much better.