Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default One ink, one paper, one fit all company?

I wish there was ONE company with ONE brand of paper that matched ONE brand of ink that would fit all my color needs.

At one time, I thought Close to My Heart was that company--but no more. Close to My Heart recently stopped selling single color cardstock paper packs (except for a handful of limited shades). I am very disappointed that CTMH chose to go this direction.

Stampin Up is the same way ... you want 20 sheets of one color, you have to buy 20 of several unwanted colors as well. Just as bad, I've read many complaints about using SU ink on acrylic stamps.

I use CTMH acrylic stamps and SU rubber stamps. While I have a few CTMH ink pads, I'm not so invested that I won't change companies.

Anyone know of one company that sells affordable ink (good for both rubber and acrylic) that matches their cardstock, which comes in a variety of colors and can be purchased in single-color paper packs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can by single color packs of cardstock from Stampin' Up...you don't have to buy the assortment packs. You get 24 sheets for $6.95 of 8 1/2" x 11". Whisper White and Very Vanilla come 40 sheets to the pack for $8.50. Ink pads are affordable, work well on all stamp sets, and match the cardstock.

Hope this helps you out!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a muse|studio has coordinating inks and cardstock. The inks are a quick drying pigment ink that dry to a chalky finish and work great on both rubber and clear stamps.

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have always used SU ink and paper. You can buy the 8.5 x 11 in single color packs, but not 12x12. However, I have recently discovered the amuse ink and absolutely love it! I get such a good image with it whether using rubber or clear stamps. Unfortunately, I am not as big a fan of their paper. While I kind of like that it is white on one side, the weight of the paper is lighter than I like for card bases. So I am currently using a lot of Amuse ink, but still SU paper. I too would love to find one company with it all!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I took a look at A*muse Studio. It looks like they don't sell 12x12 paper at all. If I only did cards, the white back would be nice. When I make cards, I either have to add a white inside panel or I start with a white base and sometimes add a dark front panel.

But I buy 12x12 paper because I'm a scrapper first and card maker second.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Papertrey Ink has matching cardstock and ink, and the ink is a hybrid, so it works for rubber and photopolymer. They were having quality control issues with the ink, so they are re-formulating and introducing the new formula several colors at a time, from what I can glean from the website. I've never used their papers or inks, but I've read some really good reviews about the paper...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
You can buy the 8.5 x 11 in single color packs, but not 12x12.
This is UNTRUE...you can buy 12x12 Stampin' Up! Cardstock in ANY color in packs of 12 sheets...for $5.95...and my Mom uses her SU! ink pads on her acrylic clear stamps ALL the time and never has any issues as long as the pad is inked well...

Twila Mooneyham
2011 Artisan Award Finalist

My 100% SU! Blog: www.thestampingspot.blogspot.com

My Website: www.twilamooneyham.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

IMO:

SU has decent colors in regards to their ink/papers, but I'm not a big fan of their ink when using clear stamps but it works fine for rubber. As a CAS cardmaker, I'm not a fan of their cardstock - I find it to be too flimsy to be used as a card base. But if you are accustomed to using more layers to "bulk up" your card, you might be fine with the weight of it.

PTI also has decent colors, but they have had numerous problems with their ink and even though it has been reformulated and supposed to have been fixed, I could not in good conscious recommend it. Without going into too much detail, my experiences with PTI and their customer service is not good. That being said, I like their cardstock the best so I am also looking for something new.

Clear & Simple Stamps makes a hybrid ink that when used looks like a pigment ink, but dries quickly like a dye ink. They only sell clear stamps, so the ink is formulated to work with them, but also works well with rubber. Their cardstock is similar in weight to SU, so again it's not the best for card bases, but for layering it's great and I like their colors. Their matching satin ribbon is double sided, which I love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't think you're gonna find a one-fits-all company, and I, personally, wouldn't want to. I have a couple of SU inkpads and they work wonderfully on my PTI clear stamps. PTI cardstock is the best, IMO, but it doesn't come in 12" square. I've never used PTI ink as I prefer Tsukineko inks. I bought the SU ink in Cherry Cobbler and Island Indigo, because I couldn't find those colors anywhere else, and I love them! As far as getting a good image with SU inks on clear stamps, it really depends on the stamps. This was discussed by Lateblossom, either on here or on her Simplicity blog: when you open a package of stamps and you smell a distinct odor, you know you have a great quality clear stamp (usually made of photopolymer); no odor: you will have problems inking these with almost any dye inks, because these stamps are made of silicone or acrylic.

I have long been a fan of PTI, and have never had a problem with customer service (twice I've had to contact them and both times the issues have been resolved to my great satisfaction); plus I've never experienced any of the shipping delays that so many on their forum are discussing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I was also VERY disappointed to see CTMH change the way they package their cs!!

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrookView Post
I was also VERY disappointed to see CTMH change the way they package their cs!!
I wish there was a predominately CTMH user site. I'd go there and try to encourage people to write to CTMH and beg them to reconsider the packaging options.

I'm going to write anyway, but one letter from someone who only purchases once a year isn't going to have much sway.

And to think, I was all happy when I heard that CTMH was switching it's kits over to all cardstock weight. But if this is the trade off, it's not worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Perhaps Hero Arts? I have been preferring their papers lately to the Stampin' Up brand. The texture is nice and smooth. They have chalk inks and shadow inks that match. And their designers use distress inks which seem to coordinate well.

Does the weight of Amuse paper line compare to the Hero Arts paper?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsalamonView Post
IMO:
PTI also has decent colors, but they have had numerous problems with their ink and even though it has been reformulated and supposed to have been fixed, I could not in good conscious recommend it. Without going into too much detail, my experiences with PTI and their customer service is not good. That being said, I like their cardstock the best so I am also looking for something new.

Clear & Simple Stamps makes a hybrid ink that when used looks like a pigment ink, but dries quickly like a dye ink. They only sell clear stamps, so the ink is formulated to work with them, but also works well with rubber. Their cardstock is similar in weight to SU, so again it's not the best for card bases, but for layering it's great and I like their colors. Their matching satin ribbon is double sided, which I love!
I completely agree with what Ryann said. PTI cardstock & ink does all match- HOWEVER their customer service is what I would consider sub-standard. I contacted them several times regarding issues. And the last time I contacted them they never even responded. I could not recommend a company with such poor customer service.

Clear & Simple Stamps customer service is fabulous- Nicki & Reenee are wonderful ladies who will help you with whatever you need. And, like Ryann said, their ink also matches their cardstock. They also have matching ribbon, brads, and buttons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilamooneyhamView Post
This is UNTRUE...you can buy 12x12 Stampin' Up! Cardstock in ANY color in packs of 12 sheets...for $5.95...and my Mom uses her SU! ink pads on her acrylic clear stamps ALL the time and never has any issues as long as the pad is inked well...

Twila Mooneyham
Thank you for the correction - for some reason I had thought they stopped the 12x12, but I was obviously wrong!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Gina K's heavy duty cardstock is great for card bases. so sturdy and feels nice also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I've read several posts saying that SU ink doesn't work well on clear stamps.... I have to say, the only clear stamps I've had a problem inking up with my SU inks are the ones in the dollar bin at Michaels. It works great on every other clear stamp I own -- CTMH, PTI, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes