Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Inking Addict

Question New Cricut Expression machine??

I was this on Custom crops today. And see there is a bundle you can get it says Cricut Expression and You story bundle (look below for the link). Is this a brand new Expression? I've never seen one this color. Looks like it's blue and white. I don't see any information about it. Are they just changing colors or does this machine do something the current Expression does not. Anyone who knows. I just bought my Expression, but hate that new things come out so often...when I can't buy them all. The your story looks kinda cool too. I think $300 for both plus the 2 carts is a pretty good deal!

http://www.customcrops.com/popup_ima...?pID=232186074
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

oh wow!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

Hummmmm interesting. Wonder what it's all about. I'm sure someone will chime in with info.

My "Small" Gallery
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac

I believe that it is a color promo like the ones at Michaels that are in Pink. I know what you mean about them coming out so often with new stuff. I just bought my Expression a few months ago and then they came out with it in the pink. I was bummed, after all I went to Archivers to buy my Big Shot because they had it in pink.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

The YourStory is not a cutting machine...it binds. You can find out more information at this link. So, I guess the reason there are promotions selling the Expression with the YourStory is that you can create books using your Cricut and then bind them with the other. They don't do the same thing at all.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Kookie Creator

Do all the Cricut Expressions have this 8 way cutting blade I read about and what is the rock bottom price I could expect to pay for a machine? My kids want to get me one for Christmas.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

Mary.....The 8 directional is for positioning the cutting blade on the sticky mat on the Expression. The blade can be moved up, down, left, right and on a diagonal.

I can't tell you the least expensive price for the machine. It depends on the deal you can get. I'd wait till Black Friday ads come out for good prices.

The blue color for the Expression is only a gimic as the pink color is. Just to make people purchase the machine. All the Expressions do the same thing and have the same features. Color makes no difference in performance of machine. Who cares about the color of a machine as long as it does the job?

Patti
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
Die Cut Diva

YouStory is the Binder. It heat laminates your book so you get those nice clean sides like scrapbooking albums.

The Blue Cricut is just that it's blue. No changes or features. Just a new color. They are going to be releasing a rainbow of colors in the future.

If you want a color Cricut and yours is out of warranty you can spray paint it with paint that is made for plastic. The girls and guys over at the Cricut board have a thread about it. The gallery is amazing. I haven't done it yet. My DH has great painting skills. I am still too scared to try it. I am little protective of my machines. Also I can't figure out why I want to do it, lol.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

I bought my Expression in August so got the generic color. I found vinyl stickers that I put on the outside to 'jazz' it up! I placed the stickers in areas that won't be touched often so I hope they won't start peeling off and leave yucky, sticky areas. If they do start to peel off, I'll just used GooGone and put on new ones. (My 'E' stays at home in my crafting area.)

As others have said, all companies need to change/tweak things to get buyers to continue buying. The changes, most often, are superficial so the performance of the items doesn't change that much. (i.e. cars, appliances, etc.) This being said, of course, there at times when there will be a major overhaul.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
Mary.....The 8 directional is for positioning the cutting blade on the sticky mat on the Expression. The blade can be moved up, down, left, right and on a diagonal.

I can't tell you the least expensive price for the machine. It depends on the deal you can get. I'd wait till Black Friday ads come out for good prices.

The blue color for the Expression is only a gimic as the pink color is. Just to make people purchase the machine. All the Expressions do the same thing and have the same features. Color makes no difference in performance of machine. Who cares about the color of a machine as long as it does the job?

Patti
Can you tell me something else. I am torn between the Create and the Expression, only because of the size of the machines. Is the only difference between the two the size you can cut things or are there other benefits to the expression?

Mary
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #11
Kookie Creator

Default Create or Expression???

Are there cartridiges that only work with the expression and not with the create?

Mary
Old 11-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
Die Cut Diva

Mary......Yes there is a difference between the Create and Expression. They do share many of the same features, but the Expression has them all. The Expression will also cut things up to 23.5 inches. The Create can only handle 6x12 inch.

There is a difference in price and size. EVERY cartridge that Provo puts out will work in the Expression, Create or Create. There is no difference.

If finances allow, I would go with the Expression. You may as well have all the features available to you.

Don't worry about the color of the machine. That certainly does not effect the performance of the machine. Color makes no difference.

Patti
Old 11-13-2009, 04:29 AM   #13
Die Cut Diva

I always tell everyone to upgrade to the Expressions. You will not regret it. I have both the Baby Bug & the Expressions. I was one of the early adopters to the Cricut machine, so that is why I have two. I use my Baby Bug most often because of my art journaling. I also use my Expressions quite a bit. The Expressions is your most frugal choice in the long run.

All cartridges work the same. But, the license cartridges work better with the Expressions. License carts are Disney, Hello Kitty and Cars. Cars is Pixar right? LOL.

The reason the license cartridges work better in the Expressions because it is made to cut tiny pieces. They will cut out better without being askew. Even on the cartridges it will say on the box Expressions is recommended.

I don't know about Black Friday sales for the Expressions. I have not heard anything about Michaels for machines, only cartridges this year. Cyber Monday is a great day to order.

History has shown that CreativeXpress, Custom Crops, OhMyCrafts and Hallmark Scrapbooks run killer deals on the Cricut.

HTH!