Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nestabilities - How to store them?

Now that everyone is starting to get their Nestabilities... how are you going to store them? I would like to keep them in their sets, but how? Are you keeping the original packaging or using something else? I am sure someone has come up with some great ideas. Please share.....

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I store my Wizard dies in a CD wallet with magnetic sheets to hold the dies in place inside the sleeves. You can get the magnetic sheets from craft stores and hardware stores. Just cut them up to fit the sleeves.

Stella
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I do something similar only I have the single cd "pouches". I cut card stock to about 4 1/4 square, labeled them with the set name and how many dies there are, then ran the squares through my Xyron loaded with a magnetic cartridge. I have the sets on the magnetic lined cardstock and in the cd pouches. I have them in a little plastic crate made for cds. I also made dividers labeled circles, scalloped circles, etc. So far, it's working well, but if you plan to transport them (I don't), a cd wallet would work better.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I store mine in CD cases, but didn't want them sliding around, so I attached a piece of magnetic tape to the inside of the case to keep them in place. Then I noticed that Debbie Olson does the same thing and posted on her blog, here:
http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/mus...or-treat-.html
Hers look a lot better than mine though!

Hope that helps!
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I hope you don't mind if I share an idea I've been thinking about.

I'm plan to lay my dies down, all nested, on a copy machine, you could scan them. I'll print an actual sized copy and adhere the printed paper to the magnet. I think with so many different sized sets this will make it easy to put the nested shapes into the correct sets, the dies should stick on the magnet even if the paper is there. Also, it will be easy to tell if I'm missing one, I'm such a messy worker! I haven't actually done this yet, if you try, let us know if it works! In theory it should.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Kim -

That's a great idea. I don't think that the magnet on my Xyroned card stock would hold the dies with paper in between, but the pouches that I use have slots on both sides. I may do something similar and then put the photocopy in the back pouch.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I have been saving the magnets that come w/ advertisements on them...on the phone book, for example, for ages. I was about ready to toss 'em out a few months back but am so glad I saved them! I am sticking them to pieces of card stock that fit in CD cases, magnet side up. I then stick the nestabilities to them, and put them in a regular jewel case. I still need to label the jewel cases and get something to put all the CD cases in, but so far it's worked great. Love my nestabilities by the way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

okay - I've recently received my nestabilities - last week - they won't stick to anything magnetic - I've purchased magnetic sheets, magnetic strips, zippo...

anybody else have this problem??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Are you putting them with the cutting blade up? If you are trying to put the cutting blade down, there might not be enough surface area to hold them in place. I used my xyron magnet cartridge which is not that strong, but it holds my dies in place without a problem.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I got a similar idea from Michelle Wooderson's blog about the CD cases. I used magnetic strips 1.5 inches wide attached to the CD cases with a glue dot in each corner. The CD desktop holder came from Target. I think it was $4.99. There will be room to store some of my Papertrey sets as well.

Each CD case has the large set on one side and small set of that particular shape on the other side. The only sets that had to go into its own CD case were the scalloped squares. They overlap each other so there wasn't enough metal surface touching the magnetic strip to hold securely. For those, I took alternating sizes and put them on each side. Here's a couple of pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Nestabilities - How to store them?-nestability-storage-cases.jpg   Nestabilities - How to store them?-nestability-storage-rack.jpg  

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I store my Spellbinder Dies in a CD File Chest Box. I bought my large one on Ebay. Suppose to hold 500 CD's. I have recently bought a smaller one from Target (and walmart sells them) it suppose to hold 200 CD's. I cut mat board to 4"x4" square and attach a magnet sheet approx 3"x3" to the mat board and then my Spellbinder dies stick to that and then I place them into the little CD file folders. This way I can create catagories and organize my dies.

Hope this helps.
Kar
Attached Thumbnails
Nestabilities - How to store them?-die-case-open.jpg   Nestabilities - How to store them?-die-sleeves.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes