Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts
Default Need help and questions about the cricut explore air 2

Hello everyone,

I need help choosing the right cricut machines. I have Personal cricut machines. It old and ware out. I and have lot cricut cartridges I like able used but, I still don't know a lot about cricut or cricut machines. And I saw the cricut explore air 2 machines. And lot questions too? So need your help. I may have more question later too! Thanks Linda

1 .Dose cricut explore air 2 machines old cricut cartridges? Because I wanted cricut cartridges "I have"
2. What is Bluetooth for? Do you have it to used the cricut explore air 2 machines?

3. How do use cricut design space? Do they charge you to use the cricut design space?

4. I saw video they give two weeks free images to download how dose that work? Do you download many you can in two weeks?

5. What images preloaded in cricut explore air 2 machine?

6. I am remember cricut.com But I not a part of cricut design space. Dose that matter?

7. How do link you cricut cartridges?

8. What are pro And con about cricut explore air 2 machine?

9. What are the things I should no If I were to my the cricut explore air 2 machine?

10 If need to place old cricut machine and you use old cricut cartridges would say" the cricut explore air 2" would be way go? Or look for another cricut?

11. Will the cricut explore air 2 work with window 8.1 Computer?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Linda there's lots of info online and on YouTube.

&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 07:12 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can sign up for Cricut design space on line. It’s totally free. Once you have done that, you connect your design space account to your Cricut machine via Bluetooth or with a usb cord. Then you plug your cartridges one by one into your explore air machine and follow the online prompts to ‘link” each cartridge to your design space. Once you have done that, all the images from your cartridges will show up in your design space and you no longer need the cartridges.

There are no ‘preloaded’ images on you machine. All images are stored and accessed on line through design space. There are hundreds of free images. Then there are images you can purchase singly. Once you purchase an image, you own it and it will always be available for use just like the cartridges you own. There is also Cricut Access that gives you access to thousands of images for an annual fee (it was $99 when I signed up for it). I think the two week free gives you access to those files. But once the two weeks or your annual contract runs out, you will no longer have ‘free access’ to those images, only those you have purchased. There are also many images that are not part of Cricut Access but must be purchased. Since you must be connected to the internet and in Design Space to see your images and use your images, this has been an issue for people who do not have reliable internet connection.

To be sure about windows 8 compatibility, I would call cricut and ask them.

I love my explore air 2. I love that it has Bluetooth. I love design space and the ability to create my own images, scan them, and then upload them into design space to make my own custom designs. I do wish it had the ability to scan and cut like the brother scan n cut can. With the Cricut, you must create a design in design space, print it on your printer, and then the machine will cut it out. With the scan n cut, you can draw, paint or stamp an image, put it into the machine and it will scan and cut it all at once. The brother scan n cut is on my Christmas list this year. It will not replace my Cricut, but will save me money not having to purchase compatible stamp die sets.

I don’t use the Cricut to cut fabric. But if that is important to you, you may want to consider the Cricut Maker which has a rotary blade that is amazing. I will probably upgrade in the next couple of years simply because the cutting power is so much more advanced.

Design space is a powerful program that is very user friendly once you learn the design lingo (like splice, meld, contour etc). The ability to manipulate images, create your own designs, add and manipulate text, and so much more is incredible. In addition, there are lots and lots of helpful videos on line that will explain those concepts to you. There are also fantastic Facebook groups that can answer any question you may have. At the end of the day, it’s just like learning to ride a bicycle. Once you have the basics down , the creative world is yours :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Donajay, once you link those cartridges up to your machine can they be used on another cricut? I just inherited the small older cricut and when I was looking for cartridges someone told me to make sure they weren't linked to the gypsy. I don't understand it, but assumed once they are linked maybe the cartridge will no longer work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

If a cartridge has been linked to someone else’s account (either via the gypsy or through design space) you will not be able to use it with the newer machines or add it to your account and use the images in design space. You will still be able to use it in the older machines that read the cartridges without being ‘online’. The real difference here is that it is so much easier to use design space than just the cartridge. I can’t imagine going back to my first Cricut now (though I loved it then!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Adding to the above, if your Cricut has the viewing screen and area where you place the cartridge rubber keyboard on it to select the image - you will be able to use cartridges linked to other people’s accounts. It is an older machine that does not have to be online in order to access cartridges. However, if you ever decide to upgrade to a newer machine, all the money invested in those previously linked cartridges will be wasted. I also read that Cricut will no longer be making actual cartridges. They will all be digital. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

The problem is I never did the leaned the Cricut design studio, so I not sure I can learn the Cricut design space either. I have learning disableties. And the problem I can picture myself paying for Access either. But I don't create full projects and one time But cut out bows, butterflies , and such I have personal cricut. it is old and not working right. But the new cricut all work space to because that big. I wanted box card them. But mom not get it for Christmas either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonajayView Post
Adding to the above, if your Cricut has the viewing screen and area where you place the cartridge rubber keyboard on it to select the image - you will be able to use cartridges linked to other people�s accounts. It is an older machine that does not have to be online in order to access cartridges. However, if you ever decide to upgrade to a newer machine, all the money invested in those previously linked cartridges will be wasted. I also read that Cricut will no longer be making actual cartridges. They will all be digital. Hope this helps.
Thanks Donajay! I don't intend to up grade. This cricut was a freebie from a friend. This is the old one called the personal electronic cutter that is 6x12. She has the expression that is 12x12. Both take cartridges. I heard they were discontuing cartridges so I bought the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge because I mainly wanted it to cut letters and numbers. I have three other cartridges and she has several. I knew I wouldn't use it much so I only invested in two mats and two blades so I'm sure I can cut what I need for a long time. Now if I come across a cartridge, I won't be so afraid to get it since I don't connect to the internet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #9  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 604 Likes on 424 Posts

Linda, You might just want to get a new older model cricut, not the explore. The explore has to connect to the internet and it doesn’t use cartridges. You have to add each cartridge to your online account. If you want new images you have to pay for each one, I think they offer freebies too. You might be able to find an older machine for a little cheaper now that a brand new one just came out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #10  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, You might just want to get a new older model cricut, not the explore. The explore has to connect to the internet and it doesn�t use cartridges. You have to add each cartridge to your online account. If you want new images you have to pay for each one, I think they offer freebies too. You might be able to find an older machine for a little cheaper now that a brand new one just came out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #11  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about that double post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes I get the explore air2 machine I am doing the happy dance. How wants to cricut buddy and how me learn the he explore air2 machine? I need to do it next few days Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

There is a lot of Cricut talk face book. the problem is I don't have face book nor do I wanted to sign up for face book. And I have youth tube videos about the explore air2 machine. But problem with it get or cricut machine. when trying learn about the explore air2 machine and the design space. And any blogs Or suggestions? I have lot to learn
Reply With Quote Likes