Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MM 12 inch paper trimmer

I just got a MM paper trimmer and after using it for a few times it seems to chew at the paper leaving jagged edges. Getting rid of the jagged edges is why I got a new paper cutter. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, how can I fix it? Is it a common problem?

http://store.scrapbook.com/mm-29039.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I have this trimmer and I love it. Never had a problem with it. I have read that the blade sometimes becomes misaligned. You can take the housing off at the end and reposition the blade. If that doesn't work, contact Making Memories and they will more than likely replace it for you. I've read through threads on here and other boards that they are very nice to deal with and will readily replace it to keep the customer happy.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by misse336View Post
I just got a MM paper trimmer and after using it for a few times it seems to chew at the paper leaving jagged edges. Getting rid of the jagged edges is why I got a new paper cutter. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, how can I fix it? Is it a common problem?

http://store.scrapbook.com/mm-29039.html
Like cat woman, I have this trimmer and love it. I haven't had the problem either. On the end, you will find a little red button. You can slide it, kind of like you do for a battery cover. Then you can remove the arm that the blade slides along in. Be sure there are not paper bits clogged somewhere, then reinstall the arm with the blade and slide the lever back in place. I hope this helps.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Gallery Gazer

Also check to be sure that the plastic guard is holding the paper firmly. Slide one sheet of cs under, then press the guard down and you may hear a little "click" if it was up a bit too high. My MM trimmer is completely dead and I will miss it. I'm hoping Santa can fit one in his bag for me.
Mary Beth
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your suggestions. I took the blade off and put it back on again and it's cutting nicely again. It must have fallen out of alignment. I got this paper cutter due to all of the positive reviews on here and so far it's working great.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess

Glad it's working for you! I have one and absolutely LOVE it. I had issues with one leaving rough edges and contacted Making Memories for a fix. They told me how to fix it, but it didn't work. So, they sent me a new one! I was SO impressed with their service and will sing their customer service praises forever!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by misse336View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. I took the blade off and put it back on again and it's cutting nicely again. It must have fallen out of alignment. I got this paper cutter due to all of the positive reviews on here and so far it's working great.
Just a tip for all the new users of this MM trimmer. Sometimes the blade housing that slides up and down will make a terrible screeching sound. It happened with mine and I could not stand it.

To fix if this happens to you: spray a little Pledge on a paper towel, and carefully wipe it along the aluminum arm that the blade slides on. Magic - no noise.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Just a tip for all the new users of this MM trimmer. Sometimes the blade housing that slides up and down will make a terrible screeching sound. It happened with mine and I could not stand it.

To fix if this happens to you: spray a little Pledge on a paper towel, and carefully wipe it along the aluminum arm that the blade slides on. Magic - no noise.
This started happening to mine and I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on a paper towel and wiped the rod the blade housing slides on. No more screeching.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post

YAY!! Thanks for the tip buggainok! Now loving it. Cuts beautiful and no more mind bending screech!