Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karen Foster Scraparatus vs. Clikit

I'm wondering if anyone has either of these tools, and if so, do you like them? Have you used both- which do you like better? I have a Cropodile & the Stampin' Up! tool kit, but I'm looking for something that will punch/set in the middle of the page without hammering. I'm ok with a little bit of noise, but would appreciate any thoughts on the silent setter as well.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Clikit because I like the little embossing tips and I think I would use those more than the Scraparatus dies- I already have a Cuttlebug & am getting a Cricut for Christmas (which of course I don't know about). Thanks again for your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the ClickIt by Karen Foster. I love it...I had it for about three yrs now and no problems. I love that all the eyelet sizes of holes are in the wooden box and a ribbon punch tip as well and plus two different types of eyelet setter tips. And it's so much easier and quiet. The wooden box with a clear top holds everything it's place. Plus you get the pad that is underneath the box that slides out and in for easy storage as well. You can use the ClickIt anywhere on your projects. I also love the alphabet embossing tips. Love it. I would recommend this tool to anyone.
HTH
Robin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I love my ClickIt too. I've had mine for at least 3 years and I use it all the time. I don't use the embossing tips, although I do have the holiday ones which I plan on getting rid of. I haven't tried the Scraparatus.

Brand New Stampin Up! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Saw a demonstration of the Scraparatus; was not all that impressed. It's a great concept, but, didn't appear to work consistently or easily enough.

The Zision Silent Setter by Provo Craft is literally *the most silent* of all brands of setter tools I have ever used. I love mine for absolute silence.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for your help! I had the same thought with the Scraparatus, Julie- all the reviews I've read were just too up and down. Some hate it, some love it. At this point I'm leaning towards the Clikit, simply because it seems easier to use, and the embossing tips are different from anything I have. I don't think I'd use the Scraparatus dies all that much- they seem too small, and I have a Cuttlebug already. I'm glad to hear that those of you who have the Clikit, like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcookie44View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has either of these tools, and if so, do you like them? Have you used both- which do you like better? I have a Cropodile & the Stampin' Up! tool kit, but I'm looking for something that will punch/set in the middle of the page without hammering. I'm ok with a little bit of noise, but would appreciate any thoughts on the silent setter as well.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Clikit because I like the little embossing tips and I think I would use those more than the Scraparatus dies- I already have a Cuttlebug & am getting a Cricut for Christmas (which of course I don't know about). Thanks again for your thoughts!

I have the clik it too. I use it for making holes for brads and sometime use it for eyelets.

It's not a slient thing either, But you don't have to bang on it like you would with a regular setter.

Sometimes It scares the cat's, And if you are trying to set eyelets that are made by We are Memories. The clik it doesn't do that well with them.
The clik it works great on softer eyelets.

That's why I am looking at getting a crop-a-dile.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

got the clikcit... HATED IT!!! got my cropadile... love it!... I rarely have to set an eyelet in the middle of a 12 x 12 paper... so i am good...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I love my Clickit. Makes the dogs hide. I have found that I can use th MM die tips on it.I bought the Karen Foster embossing set for the Clickit but can't seem to get them to work. Any ideas? Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

LOL I got one of those in my surprise box from TAC...haven't even opened it...I thought about getting rid of it since I have the SU tool kit, the MM setter, the Provocraft silent setter (that I bought last year during the $5 deal at creative express lol) AND the crop-o-dile.

I had asked myself "just how many eyelet setters does a gal need?"...glad to hear others like it...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I went ahead & ordered the Clikit, plus some embossing tips, so we'll see how it goes. I will be sure to post how I like it! leney sent me a PM saying Karen Foster no longer makes the Clikit, so if you want one, I'd get it soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Saw a demonstration of the Scraparatus; was not all that impressed. It's a great concept, but, didn't appear to work consistently or easily enough.

The Zision Silent Setter by Provo Craft is literally *the most silent* of all brands of setter tools I have ever used. I love mine for absolute silence.
I completely agree - Scraparatus is inconsistent and not that to use - and noisy. I much prefer my silent setter to the clikit - which I find loud to use!
good luck choosing! Maybe you can try them both at your LSS before buying?

Lara
Reply With Quote Likes