Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default JustRite Stamps

Hi Everyone!

I'm wanting to check out Just Rite Stamps! Anyone have any good things to say about the stamps/company? Or does anyone have any negative things? This will be my first time purchasing from the company or purchasing this type of stamp. I thought they looked really versitile! The flower images are BEAUTIFUL! And I like the fact that you can use the stamps to write/stamp your very own verses--when you buy the right fonts. Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to using JRS and really like them. I have found the key to having a good stamped image is to trim the rubber REALLY close to the image/words. Do that and they will stamp brilliantly.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi rsalamon! or is it Ryann?

I'm really no good at the computer, blogs etc. Anyway, thank you for the advice! I read the web sites "recommended" stamps for, when just starting out. Did you do that too? Buy the certain sets first? Seems there SO MUCH to learn about them! I worry I'll buy sets that will repeat themselves, whether that be in the fonts or in the borders. Thank you for telling me to trim them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I started out easy, not knowing if I would really like them or not, but around Christmas time I splurged and bought several of the different sizes of Christmas images and love them all. It does take a little getting used to placing the tiny little letters but you will get the hang of it. I now have quite a collection and do enjoy them. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

PJill,

Thank you for responding! I usually buy SU, but have admired the versitility of these stamps AND I have seen some BEAUTIFUL work on the blogs! I absolutely LOVE the flowers! Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm wanting to check out Just Rite Stamps! Anyone have any good things to say about the stamps/company? Or does anyone have any negative things? This will be my first time purchasing from the company or purchasing this type of stamp. I thought they looked really versitile! The flower images are BEAUTIFUL! And I like the fact that you can use the stamps to write/stamp your very own verses--when you buy the right fonts. Thanks for your help!
If you are in the market for some fonts...Scrapmart has some for almost 50% off I just got some, they are great and the shipping is supper fast. Here is a link:
http://www.scrap-mart.com/justritefo...alphabets.aspx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 03:53 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

memories4you,

Thank you! I am looking for fonts, but also the other parts of JustRites' system of stamping! Thank you! I'll be able to get more with the sale you told me about! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

JustRite stamps are a lot of fun to work with and you can make nice personalized monogram cards, and other personalized projects. The stamps are made of a sort of flexible plastic substance--not exactly rubber. They work much better when you season them a bit with a very fine sanding block like you use during manicures. There is a how-to here on Splitcoast about using one of those 7-in-1 manicure blocks (available at Walmart and otehr drug stores).

I have been making my son's graduation announcements with the 2" circle--I need to get them scanned in. I'm **** retentive and the letters sometimes shift a bit in between stampings, so you might need to check them each time. But that's just me :-)

All in all, I love them :-)

You can't scare me, I'm the mother of 2 teenagers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm a 50-50 like dislike on JustRite stamps.

Like some of the images and like the concept of a varitety of boarders and inside stamps

Some of the images I had a hard time getting a clean image everytime

Not good for alignment using a stamp-a-ma-jig so when i wanted to do a lot of cards with the exact same placement, I found it harder to do.

I have 3 sets, I won't buy anymore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

MermaidRN & Stamphappy 1650,

Thank you for your replies! Very interesting, both comments! MermaidRN, interesting on the sanding block. I'll have to check this out! I know the company says not to use a solvent cleaner, because it would take off the finish. Thank you both for this info! I appreciate it very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I have had my monogram and address stamps from them for about 6-7 years. They are heavily used and still work fine. I have replaced the ink pad though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

NikiM,
Thank you for your opinion on JustRite stamps! That sounds like an EXCELLENT endorsement of JustRite! Thank You!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Hi Everyone!

I own a few and they are fabulous. Just make sure you get the same size wood block to go with the set you are getting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

RIRed2,

Hi! Thank you for your input! I appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I own a lot of their stamps and I can say I adore them! As a previous poster suggested, you need to cut the rubber close to the images, that is how you get a perfect stamped image every time. I learned that the hard way at first. What I love about them, is that their images are beautiful, the sentiments are gorgeous and the fonts are wonderful as well. And wait till you see the stamps they are releasing this month! I can't wait to get those, they are simply beautiful. Once you have a rubber mount bases, it's so easy to work with their system, which I think is fabulous.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 04-12-2010 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: removed promotional from a DT member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I saw these at a show last September, when a company imported them into the UK for the first time. I am totally in love with them and now have 18 sets and 3 fonts. I do find I usually need to try a few impressions before getting a really good one, but since I stamp onto scratch card and cut out with Nesties it isn't any problem to me. And yes, I learned the trick of trimming off the surplus rubber which improves them a lot.

New ones coming??? Oh dear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

tradergirl & FionaB,
THANK YOU!!!! Do you agree they need to be sanded lightly like MermaidRN suggested? I am getting more excited about trying these stamps! And yes, "Oh dear" new ones coming! NICE!!!! Thanks for responding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I have never sanded any new rubber stamps. And I've been stamping for around 20 years.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

FionaB,
Thank you! It is SO GOOD to know this! I don't like the idea of sanding the stamps. I've only been stamping a couple of years and I look all over the web for info. So, I REALLY appreciate your help! THANK YOU!!! (I checked out your blog! VERY NICE WORK!!!! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I haven't had to sand any of the sets I have purchased this past year. I think they made a change so that step wasn't needed.

I also recommend trimming. I even trim the bigger letters in my font sets. That way I can spell something out and its not spaced weird. I love their stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

debbiemom23cs,
THANK YOU! !!! I didn't realize you would have to trim the fonts too! This is good to know! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! I really appreciate everyones help! It is so very nice to have a place like this to get feedback!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Smile

I have the 2" round stamper with a couple of coordinating sets. I also have a 15pt font set. So I guess that I definitely have room for a few more. The sets that I have I am enjoying working with. The rubber is not cut as deeply as some other stamps. But after practicing for a short while, I am having very little difficulty with it. The personalization available with the tiny fonts far outweigh the finicky issues I have with them. There is a learning curve to all new tools and such. But I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the super-excellent customer service that I received from JustRite. I purchased my JRS stuff from an online Canadian company; also superb customer service. I ad some problems with the teeny tiny letters falling out in certain areas. When I mentioned this to JRS, they quickly popped a replacement stamper in the mail for me. And now my letters don't fall out anymore. All-in-all, I would highly recommend this company and their products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Magmo,

Thank you for letting me know about the company! I look forward to getting my new stamps! I HAVE ordered them! I'll have to get back on here once I get them and give my opinion too. I look forward to the personalization that is available and the versitility! I think to myself, I wonder why I haven't heard of these before? Thank you so much for responding! I am feeling like I made a good decision! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I am going to sound like a negative Nellie, but I hate JustRite stamps. Don't get me wrong, I think they have some beautiful designs, but I just find them so difficult to work with. I was at a workshop this past weekend where we used a round border stamp and then an inside image. Everyone around me was stamping and re-stamping and I heard lots of grumbling. Since you can't see where you are stamping you need to guess, and we all know how effective that is! I watched as person after person at my table had to come up with some creative way to be able to use their stamped image. I ended up re-cutting the circle I had been given, and while not perfect at least I could salvage my card. This was the second workshop I was at where I saw the same process play out.

Prior to using the stamps at the workshops, I purchased the recipe set, and after lots of advice from the wonderful people on this site I am able to use the set, but what a pain. I had to trim and sand the set before I could use it and I need to be ultra careful when I stamp, and even then it is hit and miss as to whether it will turn out.

I continue to read how everyone thinks these stamps are great and I am just at a loss as to what I am missing! I hope you have better luck with your new stamps than I have had with mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I am going to sound like a negative Nellie, but I hate JustRite stamps. Don't get me wrong, I think they have some beautiful designs, but I just find them so difficult to work with. I was at a workshop this past weekend where we used a round border stamp and then an inside image. Everyone around me was stamping and re-stamping and I heard lots of grumbling. Since you can't see where you are stamping you need to guess, and we all know how effective that is! I watched as person after person at my table had to come up with some creative way to be able to use their stamped image. I ended up re-cutting the circle I had been given, and while not perfect at least I could salvage my card. This was the second workshop I was at where I saw the same process play out.

Prior to using the stamps at the workshops, I purchased the recipe set, and after lots of advice from the wonderful people on this site I am able to use the set, but what a pain. I had to trim and sand the set before I could use it and I need to be ultra careful when I stamp, and even then it is hit and miss as to whether it will turn out.

I continue to read how everyone thinks these stamps are great and I am just at a loss as to what I am missing! I hope you have better luck with your new stamps than I have had with mine.
One thing that has really helped me is to stamp first and then cut out the image. I usually use Nestabilities with my JustRite. So I will stamp the image, place the die where I want it and hold it in place using some repositionable tape and then Cut/emboss. It works great! Hope that helps you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Debbie - it's much easier to stamp first, punch or cut out second. For clean impressions, I find that either Versafine or Memento inks work best for me. I rarely have to restamp when I use those inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post

I use a stamp ma jig and nestis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Annie said 'Since you can't see where you are stamping you need to guess'

I don't know why this is any different from all wood mounted stamps? I know you don't have a picture on top of the block, but the grooves in the rubber dictate which way the design is mounted, and if you have a border with a definite 'right way' (eg a phrase which you want centred) it doesn't take much effort to line it up using the words on the topside of the block as a guide (put your fingers each side of the writing). You could even mark the centre line on the rubber side with a permanent marker.

But as I said before, I always stamp and cut out with Nesties, like Debbie and pbft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #29  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by FionaBView Post
Annie said 'Since you can't see where you are stamping you need to guess'

I don't know why this is any different from all wood mounted stamps? I know you don't have a picture on top of the block, but the grooves in the rubber dictate which way the design is mounted, and if you have a border with a definite 'right way' (eg a phrase which you want centred) it doesn't take much effort to line it up using the words on the topside of the block as a guide (put your fingers each side of the writing). You could even mark the centre line on the rubber side with a permanent marker.

But as I said before, I always stamp and cut out with Nesties, like Debbie and pbft.
I agree that it is probably best to stamp and then cut, but at this workshop that was not an option. You had one pre-cut circle and basically two shots at it.... front and back. We were trying to stamp a sentiment and then a border. It isn't much different than an ordinary wood mounted stamp, but when you have the sticker registration you have some idea where you are stamping. I have used the circle stamps a few times and have not had the opportunity to try the other shapes. Maybe they are easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks ladies,

For ALL your advice! I'm one of those that keep trying if there's a problem or find someone to help! I really don't anticipate much of a problem. I am excited at learning a new way of stamping! Using these stamps to enhance what I already have and will get in the future! I do think it is a method that is under rated! For the versitility and personalization! I am so looking forward to when they come!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Just wanted everyone to know---my JustRite stamps came! I'M IN LOVE!!!! I've been playing with them and I think they're GREAT!!!! They came really quickly too! All of your input really has helped! THANK YOU!!!! Here is one little question--- I've read here on SCS that you can use Simple Green to clean your rubber stamps. I have been using Simple Green and it works GREAT! Do you think it would do alright on the JustRite stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Yeah, you need to know the best use for your tools. My best technique has been to take a couple pieces of Wal*Mart cardstock and just enjoy stamping for a while whatever image I want to use, experimenting with different inks. THEN, you pick your best stamps and cut it out for use. I do this will all my card images as well. I would never stamp on a card or piece of stock already pre-cut. Even with a stamp a jig, it's just too hard to be sure it's going to come out...after all, it IS stamping. Variability is part of the game with differing pressure and ink.

I got my first couple alphas and the "just a note" set last week...NO SANDING NEEDED for nice images. However, a good ink and good saturation is helpful. I had someone use old little ink cubes and I was so disappointed at the samples they were stamping for themselves to take home. I kept saying, "Here, use my good ink!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh yes! I agree with you!!! Someone mentioned earlier the ink they used--- I just happened to have some and tried all the different ink I had with them. Sure enough, the ink that was suggested was the BEST! Versafine! And I totally agree with you on stamping first then punching out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I am in the process of cleaning out my stamp room and was going to either toss or sell my Just Rite stamps. I bought a self-inking one a few years ago, but wanted more fonts/styles/sets, so I bought some this last Christmas. I didn't buy the right size set to go with my stamper, so I had to run out and buy another stamper. This time I bought the wood block. Still wasn't the same size as what I needed, so I ran out to buy another font that should have worked. I never did get it to work properly. That coupled with having to CLEAN all those tiny little pieces and not LOSE them,.. needless to say I was very frustrated. Maybe I'll relax and try again.

I have seen so many amazing samples-- I hope I can finally get it figured out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

MikiBee!
If you take a look at the JustRite Web site they'll tell you which stamps go with what blocks. They are color coded which helps. And then maybe you can get those stamps a stampin!!! I DO hope this helps with the stamps! Just remember color codeing and that will be your key to success!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

I have successfully used Memento, Staz-on and SU ink.
Place your mount with the stamp "up" on the table and tap the ink pad on it.

The only problem I had was when I used Staz-on. I had to use solvent cleaner and it dripped a little on the wood part of the mount. The red dye on the wood part of the mount came off and was all over my hands. It was a bear to clean off. :(

Justrite stamps only need the same lighter pressure you would use on a clear stamp.

I trim all of my JustRite stamps very close to the images. Just be sure to hold your scissors "completely vertical" so the ridges on the back are cut evenly and will hold properly in the grooves of the mount .

If you have an incomplete image then a part of the stamp is not seated all the way into the mount. Clean it off with a baby wipe and press all over the stamp again , especially in the center, to get it into the ridges of the mount

If your lines are not crisp you pressed too hard.

I stamp on a hard surface ( my table)

I always stamp and then cut with Nesties
I love these stamps and their mix and match concept . Plus the images are perfect for Copic or other markers.
I am no artist when it comes to shading and the JustRite images are small enough that you don't need to do much shading
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #37  
Mad Swapper

JustRite now has clear blocks available. They might be worth a try, but be prepared for the price. It's more than I care to spend.

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Diane!
Check out Scrap Mart on line! You can get the blocks half price at times! And of course, their stamps too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Diane!
Check out Scrap Mart on line! You can get the blocks half price at times! And of course, their stamps too!

Thanks for the tip. I'd like to point out that the JustRite blocks are grooved (just like the stampers) to accept their unique stamps. Here's a LINK

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Hello guys,

I am intrested in getting Justrite 1 3/4x 2 5/16" Joyful Hearts Borders and Center, the small oval, and I have a question, can I use these with regular acrylic block?
Reply With Quote Likes