Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Hardware Hotshot

Default JudiKins Embossable Window Plastic

I bought a whole package of this a few years ago, but I'm at a loss for ideas on how to use it. I think I originally bought them thinking they were laminating sheets. I was thinking about using my Glaze and Souffle pens. Does anyone have any projects where you've used it, and would you mind sharing? Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

I just found your question and I'm surprised nobody had any suggestions. If you haven't found any projects already, go to Judikins.com. She just posted a card using this product and it's awesome. Also, do a Google Search or You Tube search and you'll find ideas for it. I intend to order this myself. It's the first time I've seen it and I think it would make a nice addition to cards.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lorraine. Thanks for answering. I forgot I even posted this question, because no one else ever answered it. Coincidentally, I saw the new video that Judi did. Her window plastic doesn't have adhesive on the back of it like mine does. I am going to try something similar, though. I think I can stamp on the non-sticky side and use glitter, aluminum foil, and maybe even some re-inkers on the sticky back. Thanks again.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Ohhhh....I LOVED that stuff! I saw it demo'd at a convention one year at their booth. I taught a class on that technique for a while at the local stamp store.

The particular technique they did was to stamp in permanent ink on the front of the plastic and then use gold leaf and Pearl Ex on the back. It looks sooo COOL!

Another one I liked to do was do an image transfer. Cut an image from a calendar page, book or magazine for instance. Trim to the size of the laminate. Make sure it's adhered really well and then toss it in a bowl of warm water for ten minutes or so. Then use the ball of your finger to start rubbing away the paper backing. You'll be left with just the image looking like it's kind of floating on the plastic. Then you do the same thing as the other technique...fill in the back with Pearl Ex and leafing. There's enough sticky left to hold them.

That's so funny to see this thread! I just cam across some of that laminate a couple of weeks ago when I was doing a little stash cleaning...
Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Hardware Hotshot

Sounds very cool. Thanks, Betsy!