Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #41
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
Michael's is becoming more restrictive too. In the past I could use a Michael's coupon and a competitor's coupon on the same visit if I made a separate purchase. Now they are enforcing the one coupon per customer per day .

I went to Michael's last Sunday to buy cemetery cones with a 25% off everything coupon . Cemetery cones never go on sale. I tried to make a separate purchase with a Joann 40% off coupon for a die and they said I can only use one coupon per day.
I would call corporate. Michaels policy regarding coupons is you can use a competitors coupon on one item and a Michaels coupons on one item in the same order. Either the employee didn't know this or the Manager or District Manager are telling them this
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #42
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateInDC View Post
Ark,
Friendly FYI: this original thread is from 2012.

While I cannot comment on Joanns, I will say that I read (in the Washington Post?) that merchants such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond may need/or are considering reducing the coupons as it's harder to compete in today's marketplace. The article stated that BBB was late to the game online and are now trying to improve on that because their coupons eat into the profit so much and now all customers in-store have come to expect to use a coupon (not just as an incentive, but an expectation). Brick-and-mortar stores just can't survive that way.
I've worked at BBB and a certain craft store, the coupons are get people into the stores, and to think they are getting a huge deal. It works. The items are so marked up, the coupon maybe brings it down to what would be a "regular" price. they are still making a profit.
Janet1000 likes this post.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:27 AM   #43
Matboard Maniac

Often when a coupon says not valid on certain brand, it's because that company has told the store not to allow it.

A lot of stores are getting strict with their coupon policies due to rampant abuse. So the majority of us pay for the greed of a few.

I am not a fan of Joanns because of the game they play with their coupons. They'll put one out that says 40% off all regular priced items, and then mark everything in the store down to make it useless-and papercraft items are never not marked down. Ever.