Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Default Inexpensive 6 X 6 scrapbooks

I am looking for inexpensive 6 X 6 scrapbooks that pages can be added to as you go. I want to make recipe books with dividers to give as gifts. Then once a month I will send a recipe card (and recipe). since the books will be used in the kitchen they dont need to be real fancy and not expensive since little spills and splatters coud happen.

Any ideas? I do have a bind it all but pages can be added to those books bound with that right?

Bonnie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Matboard Maniac

I've purchased some inexpensive ones at AC Moore, but adding pages was such a pain that I ditched the posts and started using binding rings to hold mine together. I like them much better now. If I need another one in the future I'm just going to make my own back and front out of chipboard and decorate them and use the rings, skipping the purchase of the scrapbook altogeher.

Julie
Old 10-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Kookie Creator

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

Have you tried the 7 gypsys system? I bought the Binderie Punch, book covers, and binding rings to showcase the candles I make.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/ca....31528.0.0.0.0

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

I have the 7Gypsies Binderie also. I saw a video demo and bought it at my LSS. Actually, I used mine before the owner had a chance to try it and told her how easy it was to use. I like that it uses the binder rings so that you can add/replace pages so easily. This sounds like the perfect system for your recipe book/pages. You can send the monthly recipe with the holes already in the card so the recipient can just open the binder rings and add the new card to the appropriate section. The Binderie costs about $30 and it uses either batteries (making it really portable) or with an auxilliary power source that is not supplied. (as they say, you probably have one in a drawer from an old phone recharger, etc.)

My LSS owner cuts chipboard albums for sale and uses the Binderie to make the holes. If you don't have the 'B', you use the CAD after you cover the chipboard pages.

Check out YouTube for a demo of the 7Gypsies system to see if this would work for you. I can't remember where I saw the original demo video but maybe it was the 7Gypsies website.