Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna jump on the digi stamp band wagon

But I don't know much about them except the obvious, u don't stamp them (ho-hum) but the upside seems to be that you save physical space and they are cheaper then wood or acrylic and they are instant! yipee.

But.. I have an older computer (5 yrs old) and dont know if this will put it on the brinks. I have a newer printer but does this mean I will be spending more on ink cartridges? What do you think I should know before I get into digi stamps and any other knowledge u have about them would be great.

Thanks for reading & ur help ~Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I keep all my digi stamps on a jump drive, I haven't noticed that they use all that much ink unless I print a ton of them at one time. Dustin Pike has some freebies on his blog, you can get a few and see if you like them before you invest any money.
http://dustinpike.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

The nice thing about digi stamps is that you can use a regular b&w printer. Old/new. And computer wise, it doesn't take up a lot of memory/processor speed to do this. It's just like any clip-art.

I have tutorial using Word: http://www.scrapbit.com/2009/04/20/t...mages-in-word/

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Digi stamps are really quite versatile, they're instant - you can be desperate for a specific image for a card and download and use within minutes!

You do need to think about how you're going to colour them, you might find you need to heat set the ink or use hairspray to seal the ink. Although in saying that I use epson ink and am able to colour using pencils and sansador (i think its the UK veersion of gamsol), markers (whispers brush markers) without treating the ink at all.

But you're best bet is to 'try before you buy' - there are loads of freebies out there, most digi companies have a freebie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmummyView Post
Digi stamps are really quite versatile, they're instant - you can be desperate for a specific image for a card and download and use within minutes!

You do need to think about how you're going to colour them, you might find you need to heat set the ink or use hairspray to seal the ink. Although in saying that I use epson ink and am able to colour using pencils and sansador (i think its the UK veersion of gamsol), markers (whispers brush markers) without treating the ink at all.

But you're best bet is to 'try before you buy' - there are loads of freebies out there, most digi companies have a freebie.
I colored a digi image today, and the ink bled. I didn't spray it or heat it. I wonder what would be the easiest to do? Hair spray, really? Does that work? To heat-seal, do you just use a heat gun on the image first? I really have just begun exploring digi images, and I think I really like them! I color with Prisma pencils and baby oil. That combination did make some of the black ink bleed into my coloring. I would love to be able to use the digi images I have saved, but I am wondering what are some nice methods everyone uses to seal the ink so it doesn't bleed?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have an HP all in one printer and I have to heat set it with Krylon fixative.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
I colored a digi image today, and the ink bled. I didn't spray it or heat it. I wonder what would be the easiest to do? Hair spray, really? Does that work? To heat-seal, do you just use a heat gun on the image first? I really have just begun exploring digi images, and I think I really like them! I color with Prisma pencils and baby oil. That combination did make some of the black ink bleed into my coloring. I would love to be able to use the digi images I have saved, but I am wondering what are some nice methods everyone uses to seal the ink so it doesn't bleed?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I only have problems with bleeding if I don't let it sit for 24 hours (I use Copics and have an inkjet) and really I use a lot less ink for my stamp images than I do for anything else I print off...LOL... I import the images into my Word program and can get anywhere from 6 to 10 images per page depending on how I size them. It's truly easy and I love digi-stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you use a laser printer you should not have any problems.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have a laser printer and have not had any bleeding problems., I had an inkjet before and I did have to let it dry or heat set it before using.

and cardstock, I use a lot of the GP from walmart, goes through easily on any printer ;)
Reply With Quote Likes