Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #41
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis harper View Post
I took a look at this video..yes it will be helpful to assist in loading a new tape roll, but my first problem was that I could not get the clear cover to open! I tried everything, squeezing down on that ridge area, no way would it even open!! If I get another one I'll ask for assist while in the store from someone
Mine was very difficult to open. After almost an hour of trying, I stopped, drank a glass of wine, looked at the gun staring at me from the table, picked it up one last time to try to get it open and voila' it opened. I too was ready to take it back to the store. I have seen several postings saying that they had a difficult tme getting theirs open. After you are finally successful, it opens easily each and every time. I love mine and it is cheaper than Xyron and holds fantastically well!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, got mine....hope it was a good investment! Michael's had a one day coupon for 50% off any one thing in the store yesterday. I'll try it out today!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53queenbee View Post
So glad you have hands that can handle it. I have tiny hands and the thing will not work for me. Also, although unrelated, I tried to buy shoes today (size 5) to no avail. Petite is not a lot of fun anymore....size 5 is now a children's size.

I have the same problem, esp with shoes but just think childrens shoes are cheeper than womens - maybe not as many styles or styles you like but cheeper --LOL

Gerry
Old 04-23-2011, 04:55 AM   #44
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

For those of you intimidated by the ATG, there is another adhesive called the Glue Glider PRO that works really well. Even here in humid FL. (I got it at Hobby Lobby.) Imagine a small version of the ATG. The adhesive works very well, I haven't had any issue with things falling apart at all.

HL also has 3 packs of the refills and accept their 40-50% coupons for it. In this case it comes out a lot better than most other adhesives.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

I was scared of mine too until I got used to it.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Old 04-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allistamps123 View Post
I have also read that the tape runner that comes with the ATG does not hold well. What is everyone using with their ATG? TIA!

I use the 3M Gold tape in mine...it is acid free so safe for my scrapbooks, but holds extremely well. I tried some "off brand" tape from I believe the Tape Depot and boy am I glad I didn't order a whole case of it.....I tested it by using it on two pieces of cardstock that I adhered together and three days later I could still pull them apart without ruining either side of cardstock....not about to use it on my scrapbooks and cards and have things fall apart. So I went back to the 3m gold - well worth the cost. I have found the most cost effective place to order is from Save on Wholesale Picture Frame Supplies Good luck!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by optotecha View Post
I use the 3M Gold tape in mine...it is acid free so safe for my scrapbooks, but holds extremely well. I tried some "off brand" tape from I believe the Tape Depot and boy am I glad I didn't order a whole case of it.....I tested it by using it on two pieces of cardstock that I adhered together and three days later I could still pull them apart without ruining either side of cardstock....not about to use it on my scrapbooks and cards and have things fall apart. So I went back to the 3m gold - well worth the cost. I have found the most cost effective place to order is from Save on Wholesale Picture Frame Supplies Good luck!
To each his own, and we all have our opinions on different stamping supplies...

I don't scrapbook, so can't speak about that, but I've used several 12-packs of the ATG tape from Tape Depot and find that it holds very well. I've used it on all my card layers and also to make boxes from cardstock. Nothing has come apart. I always be sure to "burnish" the taped surfaces and be sure they are adhered firmly.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 04-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #48
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_beachbum View Post
For those of you intimidated by the ATG, there is another adhesive called the Glue Glider PRO that works really well. Even here in humid FL. (I got it at Hobby Lobby.) Imagine a small version of the ATG. The adhesive works very well, I haven't had any issue with things falling apart at all.

HL also has 3 packs of the refills and accept their 40-50% coupons for it. In this case it comes out a lot better than most other adhesives.
I have a Hobby Lobby near me. I think I will check out the glue Glider pro...that's just what I am looking for. And if the tape hold in Fla. I'm good to go! Our summers along the Mississippi River bluffs get just as humid as Fla. but doesn't last as long (all the water and the bluffs hold in the humid air)! I lived in Ocala for I year, so I can compare!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #49
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denham View Post
....boy is that contraption huge!!! I was originally going to order my 36 rolls of tombow but when I did not see a big response to my post about tombows I decided to look further into what so many of you were going on about with "the gun". So I happy-tailed it to Joanns with my 40% off and teacher's discount... so going from the blue tombow to this pink gun - talk about a learning curve.
I LOVE my pink ATG!!! I used to use doublesided tape on rolls before bying my atg, as I couldn't justify the cost of adhesive runners (tombow etc). But when I saw the pink ATG coming out, I immediately wanted to switch to it =) When I first saw it here in Norway, aka the first time I saw it in real life, it was actually a bit smaller and lighter than I had thought =)
Anyways, to me, there seems to be two things you have to get used to when bying an ATG: The size&having to pull the trigger when rolling, and how to refill it correctly. If you have problems understanding the written instructions for how to put new tape in, there's some videos showing how to do it on YouTube. I have one on my YouTube channel, and you can see that here: YouTube - How to refill your Pink ATG

I hope you will come to love your ATG!
- Marie
Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #50
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Glue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allistamps123 View Post
I have a Hobby Lobby near me. I think I will check out the glue Glider pro...that's just what I am looking for. And if the tape hold in Fla. I'm good to go! Our summers along the Mississippi River bluffs get just as humid as Fla. but doesn't last as long (all the water and the bluffs hold in the humid air)! I lived in Ocala for I year, so I can compare!
I'm in Florida and found the Glue Glider Pro handles the humidity very well. For the occasion thing that I have to make sure doesn't move and weathers the humidity, I use Scor-Tape, it's the bomb! Love my Pink ATG too, I use it for most everything!

I have a big glue poll tallying on my blog this week. Would love it to have all the different voices I find here, weigh-in. It's on my right hand side bar - www.amazingpapergrace.com
My blog: http://www.amazingpapergrace.com
Licensed Designer: Spellbinders Paper Arts
Old 04-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #51
Crimping Master

Mine has been sitting on a shelf---for about a year. I am also intimidated by the size. I tried it a few times, but just couldn't get the hang of it. (If I recall, I had big issues just loading the tape!!!..........and yes, I'm blond!!) I'm participating in a huge scrapbooking/stamping store garage sale and thought of adding it to the pile, but decided to give it one more chance. Your comments have been encouraging, so I'll try again.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #52
Polyshrink Goddess

Just do it! I am very petite but you'll get used to the size pretty quickly - I don't find that I have any difficulty using it, and you get used to adhering small things as you get better control of the gun.

I couldn't craft without mine now, and it's SO much more reasonable than buying other adhesives.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #53
Cardstock Collector

I use the Tombow refills (like SU). I get them at SAM's Club on line for less than $2.50 each with no shipping and they arrive in 2 days without fail.