In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default I am so torn...

and I am sure you all are sick of my questions on Pazzles or Klic n Kut, I am having a hard time deciding. I have been on this computer for way to long. I need help deciding, please. hahah! I need to go pray about it. I feel if I get one I will wish I had gotten the other. I love the look of the pazzle but love what the knk does. Are they really that different? Heavy sigh!
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Have you looked into the Bosskut Gazelle?
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Oh gracious, noooo! hahahha! Are there videos on it?
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Oh gracious, noooo! hahahha! Are there videos on it?
LOL, sorry, it will just confuse you more, but wanted you to know about that option!

There are YouTube Videos on it, here is the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TerriMouw

Here is a link to a thread I started last year asking if I should get the Pazzles Inspiration or the Cricut Expression, and where DeeAnn enabled me to buy the Gazelle. She answered a lot of questions about it, so read through there. I'll also bump the Gazelle Girls Galore thread so you can ask there if you have more questions.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...php?p=15931472

I'll bump it up as well

Register at bosskutforum.com as a visitor and you can get access to the visitor section - Terri and Jules will answer any question, no matter how small or big, you might have about the Gazelle.

I bought mine from scrap-mart.com, they have been wonderful! It's $370 there right now, free shipping, you get a 12x12 mat, standard-to-heavy blade and bladeholder, the software and necessary cables, it comes with like 500 shapes preloaded and a $25 gift certificate to bosskut to download their images.

I LOVE my Gazelle! I totally adore that thing, and am so happy DeeAnn told me about it or I probably never would've known about it. One of my favorite features that it has that the Pazzles doesn't have is Print-and-Cut. You design your page in the Funtime software, print it out, and then you can cut it out in the gazelle! It's perfect for patterned boxes, clip art, you name it. I use that feature a lot.

Also, the blade carriage will hold a ton of different writing utensils. The other day I was drawing with the Gazelle with the big fat crayola markers and it was working great. I wanted a pencil drawing too, and it held my skinny little pencil and drew with it. It also works well with cops, coloring pencils, pens, felt tip markers, sharpies, etc. There is an embossing tool with embossing mat, and an engraving tool! You can use 12x12 mats or 12x24 mats in it.

Holler with any questions!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Mad Swapper
 
NikiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cincinnati Oh./Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,610
Default

The Pazzles will do a print and cut. Use the pen tool then cut
__________________
Inspiration the whole year through http:www.365daysofcrafts.com
My personal blog http://www.nikimeiners.wordpress.com
NikiM is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

I meant to say it works with COPICS, not COPS. I don't know any cop that would allow me to make them get in the Gazelle
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

I don't think COPS would like to be in the Gazelle, lol. Nikki is trying to get arrested, ROFL!

The Pazzles does Print & Cut. I just mentioned that in a different thread. It uses a hinge method. That's what it's called. I don't know why since no hinges are hurt in the process.

The Cricut uses the same method and it works. I have tried it. I think it's great but I had a few little missed spots and I was not happy about that.

I prefer to have a true laser die cutting machine when doing Print and Cut. I don't like missed spots.

Nikki you always make me smile when you say I enabled you.

Cass- I had a hard time deciding too. I started with the Wishblade. Then I saw what the Pazzles could do. I mean I beat myself up over it. Should I get it or not get it. Then I remembered on my WB Yahoo group all the girls got a Gazelle. Then I kept coming up on things about the Gazelle researching the Pazzles.

I was at JoAnn's one morning making an online order. DH said put that Pazzles in your cart. I did. I mean he's buying it for me right? He told me to put it in there. He went to take a nap. There I was with my mouse literally over the submit button. I thought let me go look at the Gazelle again.

I waited until my DH got up from his nap. I showed him the videos on the Gazelle. He said "I almost told you to get the wrong machine." That was that. I am proud Gazelle owner.

You know what? The Pazzles is a great machine and I do recommend it. I don't want anybody to think I am down on it. If somebody gave me a Pazzles I will take it, lol. I adopt die cut machines and give them homes.

The one thing that bothers many of the users is that the Pazzles has not updated their software in the last three years. I have seen a few women go to the Gazelle so they can use the new version of Funtime software.

This does not matter to me until I buy a new computer. Right now I am pretty happy. If you are wanting to do Rhinestones or Lattice then look at a cutter that can use Funtime 2010. All new Gazelles are shipping with this.

Pazzles has said there is an upgrade coming out.

Any questions don't be afraid to ask. I know it's like trying to decide which kind of car to buy or a house.

I know your looking into the beautiful Klik-n-Kut and I think it's updated with the new Rhinestone and Lattice feature. Go to Paperthreads forum. I shared links in an previous thread. Pick the girls brains. They are the Klik-n-Kuts experts and I highly recommend them.
__________________

lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #8
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Thank you ladies so much! Well, after reading, I think I am down to the gazelle and knk. I would like to know if the gazelle does svg's? With having the Cricut I have a lot of those files for all my prima flowers, frames, etc. Also, can you use the mats and blades from Cricut in the Gazelle? I have a lot of blades and mats. Thanks!

Are there more videos on the gazelle?
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 AM   #9
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Are you able to size images well in the Gazelle and KNK? Like if I want to do a square of 5x3.5 will it cut it that way? In my Cricut E I am not able to get the dimensions I am looking for.

How easy is it to use the cut system around clipart in Gazelle or KNK? I do a lot of altered art and it would help me a lot to be able to put an image in and it just cut around it.
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:11 AM   #10
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Are there free files to download for Gazelle and KNK?

Which software seems more user friendly? I have a MAC so I will be having to log out and go on to my windows side and I like colors that are easy on the eyes and not so "techy" if that makes sense?
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Thank you ladies so much! Well, after reading, I think I am down to the gazelle and knk. I would like to know if the gazelle does svg's? With having the Cricut I have a lot of those files for all my prima flowers, frames, etc. Also, can you use the mats and blades from Cricut in the Gazelle? I have a lot of blades and mats. Thanks!

Are there more videos on the gazelle?
With the Gazelle you can use SVG's but if I am remembering right (I'm a Gazelle newbie still) you have to convert first. You open them in Inkscape (a free download program) and convert it, then you can open it in Funtime and use it. I've used a lot of free SVG's this way and it works really well!

And yes you can use Cricut Expression mats and Cricut blades in the Gazelle. Ewps, meant to say, if you use Cricut blades it has to be the deep cut blades. Because the standard Circut blades are too short (I think that is the reasoning). So it has to be deep cut if you get it from Cricut, if you buy the Gazelle brand then it is called "Standard to heavy" blade or something like that. There there is the vinyl blade, which I use for vellum, thin papers, and vinyls. It doesn't tear as much as the regular blade. Then there is the deep cut blade, for thick materials like thick chipboard, magnet sheets, foamies, etc. I don't have one yet but plan to buy one this month.
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Are you able to size images well in the Gazelle and KNK? Like if I want to do a square of 5x3.5 will it cut it that way? In my Cricut E I am not able to get the dimensions I am looking for.

How easy is it to use the cut system around clipart in Gazelle or KNK? I do a lot of altered art and it would help me a lot to be able to put an image in and it just cut around it.
I'm still learning to size, but yes I think you can size it.

It's really easy to cut around clipart in the gazelle. I've been doing it a lot lately. It took me about 30 minutes to master it and I'm good. You arrange your clipart on the page, place your crop mark, hit print. Then after it is printed, you use the select tool to select the area around the clipart, then you load in your paper, align with the laser on the crop mark, and cut. It works wonderfully. You do have to play with knife offset a little bit until you get the hang of what knife offset you need, but like I said, about 30 minutes of trial and error and I had it done. I love that feature SOOOOO much!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Are there free files to download for Gazelle and KNK?

Which software seems more user friendly? I have a MAC so I will be having to log out and go on to my windows side and I like colors that are easy on the eyes and not so "techy" if that makes sense?
You can get a free trial of Funtime. That might help you decide if you like the software. You can play around with it, get to know it a bit, etc before you buy. On DeeAnn's suggestion, I did this, and it cinched it for me because I really liked the software.

You can download free files for the Gazelle lots of places, I'm sure for the KNK too but I don't have a KNK so I'm not positive.

Someone here, can't remember who at the moment, sent me to this website and I ended up downloading everything she had on there, because it's so amazing. I really love the files, they are so beautiful. She says it is for Craft Robo, but she has WPC files as well and that is what the Gazelle uses.

http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobb...raft_robo.html

Also, DeeAnn told me about www.clker.com and they have great stuff! There is a Yahoo group, who once you are a member, you get free access to gsdfiles.com and they have tons of amazing stuff as well. It's this group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wishblade

Obviously for Wishblade users but there are a lot of Gazzy users there too.

Plus you can convert any free SVG's you find and use those.
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Hmmm I was just on funtimescrapbooking.com and don't see a free trial version. I will keep looking! Thanks so much for helping me on this ladies!!
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I don't think COPS would like to be in the Gazelle, lol. Nikki is trying to get arrested, ROFL!
LOL!! They wouldn't know what to do with me, I'd be begging for crafting supplies while I'm sitting in my jail cell
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

DeeAnn, do you remember the website where you can download the free trial of Funtime? I can't remember now where I did that. Or if it is still available.
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Glitter Queen
 
aprilmom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Is there a way to read the Wishblade group without a yahoo log in? This sounds like something I'd enjoy.
aprilmom1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilmom1View Post
Is there a way to read the Wishblade group without a yahoo log in? This sounds like something I'd enjoy.
No, you have to have a Yahoo ID. You can get just a Yahoo ID and not use the email, you can have it subscribed to your own email account, that way you get the messages in your email still, or read them on the web.
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
Die Cut Diva
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

Here's the link to the free version of Funtime: http://download.cnet.com/Funtimes-Sc...html?tag=mncol

When 2010 came out she didn't release a free version. She might in the future. This is last years version and still does everything except Lattice and Rhinestones. Remember you can't cut but you can play and make your own files.

Yes you can use the Cricut mats and blades in the Gazelle. I do all the time. I own two Cricut's and a Gazelle so you know I don't want to go out and buy a lot of extra items.

You must by the deep cut Cricut blades. You can't use the standard red ones because these kind of blades do not work on the Pazzles or Gazelle machines. Get the Blue Deep Cut Cricut blades.

Yes you can use SVG's in both the Klik-n-Kut and the Gazelle. But, and this is important you will have to convert them.

I convert them to DXF and PNG using Inkscape. It's pretty painless.

Yes, you can resize images and get perfect cuts. One of the reasons why I love my Gazelle so much. I know it's not a help yes Klik-n-Kut does perfect sizing too.

It is easy to do Print & Cuts in the Gazelle. I am a mixed media artist so the Print & Cuts was very important to me. I like to print on different mediums. The Wishblade's poud of pressure could not cut out some of my heavier paper or mediums.

Gazelle & KNK both have free files. I think they are evenly matched. But, what is nice about the Gazelle you can also download the Pazzles file since they are all in the .WPC format.

Klik-n-Kut use the .KNK format and I am not sure if it can open .WPC and maybe one of our KNK girls will see this.

There are Yahoo groups for Funtime. Join the Pazzles groups too because you can learn the ins and outs of the Gazelle this way. Just adapt it from the Pazzles. Both of these machines use the Funtime software.

Any questions don't be afraid to ask.
__________________

lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 AM   #20
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

So technically if I download the free version, I can send those files to my MIL to cut? I am still set on getting my own machine, and am leaning towards the Gazelle, but in the meantime, I would like to see how the software works on my computer. See if I have glitches too...

Also what is the rhinestone and lattice add-on? Does it just print a pattern where you can put rhinestones onto a heat-transfer paper? Just confused. Not sure that is a necessity for me yet.
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #21
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
So technically if I download the free version, I can send those files to my MIL to cut? I am still set on getting my own machine, and am leaning towards the Gazelle, but in the meantime, I would like to see how the software works on my computer. See if I have glitches too...

Also what is the rhinestone and lattice add-on? Does it just print a pattern where you can put rhinestones onto a heat-transfer paper? Just confused. Not sure that is a necessity for me yet.
I think, if i remember right, the files end up having a dash or something through the piece you would cut, because it's just meant to be a trial and not usable, since once you get the machines you'd have the software anyway. That might've changed since I downloaded it though.

I haven't used the Rhinestone feature yet so no help there at all. I have been using the lattice feature though and I LOVE IT! You can take any shape at all and make it a lattice piece with a few clicks of the mouse. You choose how big the holes are, the angle, etc, and click apply and you have a perfect lattice. It's awesome for all sorts of cool things!

I'm a little intimidated by the rhinestone thing though so I haven't given it a go. LOL!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
Die Cut Diva
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

You can't save files with the trial version. This is legal and taught by the creator of Funtime. You can take a screenshot of your design, print it out and then cut by hand or convert it into a format for another digital cutter.

I am not too familiar with the Rhinestone feature. I am still on 2009. It traces a design in the right circumference for different diameter rhinestones and the rest is confusing to me. The video was easier for me to follow. The video is on You Tube.
__________________

lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #23
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

Thanks for the info. At least I can play around with the software so that next time I am at my MILs I can get more than just one word cut out. LOL

Cassandra let us know what you decide to get and when you get it! I am just starting to save up money, hoping to sell some stuff today to put towards my new cutter. I don't expect to get mine until the end of the year, the earliest... but I can hope.
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #24
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
Thanks for the info. At least I can play around with the software so that next time I am at my MILs I can get more than just one word cut out. LOL

Cassandra let us know what you decide to get and when you get it! I am just starting to save up money, hoping to sell some stuff today to put towards my new cutter. I don't expect to get mine until the end of the year, the earliest... but I can hope.
I started saving last July and got it in January, I scrimped and saved and didn't buy craft stuff, apart from paper and adhesive I didn't buy much (and a few embossing folders I couldn't pass up). But all the rest of my craft money went toward saving the Gazelle, and I'm SOOO happy I did! I'd still be saving but I got it on sale for $317 shipped, if I had to pay the $420 I'd still be saving up for it! But I'm glad I waited and saved and got what I really, really wanted instead of buying the Cricut E on Black Friday and then using it and saving back up for the Gazzy. My Pink Lady was totally worth the wait!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 AM   #25
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

Well, I did it. I am a proud new owner of a Pazzles Inspiration. I was all set on getting a Gazelle or KNK and saving up for it, until I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention this past weekend. Pazzles had a booth and an unbelievable offer... purchase the machine for $199 plus a 1 yr commitment to their support thread ($19.95/mo). It works out to be about $440 total, but it's like the best layaway plan ever!! I got to take my machine home and play with it, and I have a year on their support thread with free graphics and tutorials. I am hoping I get a little free time today to play on my new baby, as long as my other two babies give me some mommy time.

YAY!!!!
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
Mad Swapper
 
NikiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cincinnati Oh./Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
Well, I did it. I am a proud new owner of a Pazzles Inspiration. I was all set on getting a Gazelle or KNK and saving up for it, until I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention this past weekend. Pazzles had a booth and an unbelievable offer... purchase the machine for $199 plus a 1 yr commitment to their support thread ($19.95/mo). It works out to be about $440 total, but it's like the best layaway plan ever!! I got to take my machine home and play with it, and I have a year on their support thread with free graphics and tutorials. I am hoping I get a little free time today to play on my new baby, as long as my other two babies give me some mommy time.

YAY!!!!
Congratuations!!! I hope you enjoy it.
__________________
Inspiration the whole year through http:www.365daysofcrafts.com
My personal blog http://www.nikimeiners.wordpress.com
NikiM is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #27
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
Well, I did it. I am a proud new owner of a Pazzles Inspiration. I was all set on getting a Gazelle or KNK and saving up for it, until I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention this past weekend. Pazzles had a booth and an unbelievable offer... purchase the machine for $199 plus a 1 yr commitment to their support thread ($19.95/mo). It works out to be about $440 total, but it's like the best layaway plan ever!! I got to take my machine home and play with it, and I have a year on their support thread with free graphics and tutorials. I am hoping I get a little free time today to play on my new baby, as long as my other two babies give me some mommy time.

YAY!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! I just know you will love it Tell us how fun you have with it, and show us all the cool things you will make!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #28
Die Cut Diva
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

gadget19- BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I see the new software is about to be released in a couple of months for the Pazzles. She is a beautiful machine. Plus, she has the pretty butterflies on the side. That's a plus. I can't wait to see what you make with her.
__________________

lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #29
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

I have decided to go with the Bosskut Gazelle, I purchased her on Sat.! I am excited to receive her. I need to sell my Cricut Expression though, having a hard time doing that. I have posted it and let so many know and I was honest about the circles. I guess that's why she isn't selling? I don't know, but I believe I am doing what's right by being honest about the machine. It's not my fault it doesn't cut right. hahaha!

Anyway, I am sooo excited to get started on my new die cut machine!!!!
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 AM   #30
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

YAY!!!! So happy you're happy with your purchase!! I am sure you will love it! Let us see what you make.


Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
Well, I did it. I am a proud new owner of a Pazzles Inspiration. I was all set on getting a Gazelle or KNK and saving up for it, until I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention this past weekend. Pazzles had a booth and an unbelievable offer... purchase the machine for $199 plus a 1 yr commitment to their support thread ($19.95/mo). It works out to be about $440 total, but it's like the best layaway plan ever!! I got to take my machine home and play with it, and I have a year on their support thread with free graphics and tutorials. I am hoping I get a little free time today to play on my new baby, as long as my other two babies give me some mommy time.

YAY!!!!
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #31
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

LOL there is a learning curve with the machine, as with most of these babies. I already broke a blade and am having mat issues. But we will see how their customer support is today... I think I will finally figure it out today, I was just so frustrated last night that I gave up. I am not giving up yet though... just taking some time to cool off.
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #32
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

Gracious girl, breaking blades and mat issues! ) The day's just begun it will get better!!
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #33
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

LOL called Pazzles' tech support and there is an update to the machine that I was supposed to do before cutting. Thank you to the retailer for telling me this! LOL The mat issue is a known issue with their old mats. They are sending me replacement mats and blades. Yay! I hope I can install the updates and try again when my boys go down for a nap... I hope they nap long!!!!
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #34
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
I have decided to go with the Bosskut Gazelle, I purchased her on Sat.! I am excited to receive her. I need to sell my Cricut Expression though, having a hard time doing that. I have posted it and let so many know and I was honest about the circles. I guess that's why she isn't selling? I don't know, but I believe I am doing what's right by being honest about the machine. It's not my fault it doesn't cut right. hahaha!

Anyway, I am sooo excited to get started on my new die cut machine!!!!
Wooo hooooo! YAY! Sign up now at Bosskut Forum then as soon as you get your Gazzy, register it. This gives you access to the owner side of the Gazelle forum, with all the awesome tutorials, files, vids, and great help from Terri, Jules and the team. If it was drop-shipped from Bosskut, they will give you access now, they just have to be able to verify you are an owner.

I am SO EXCITED for you!!! I just love my Gazzy! Oh, and talking about cute little things on the machine, on the Bosskut forum, one of the ladies (can't remember if it was Terri or Jules or Phyllis at the moment) has a little gazelle animal. I cut it out of pink vinyl and put it on my gazelle! So cute!

Now comes the hard part - WAITING! It felt like it took a year for mine to get here, it was more like a week. Then the day it was on the UPS truck I was sitting at home staring out the window the entire day waiting for my UPS guy to come. And of course it was pouring rain so he was late because his route got slowed down. Finally he pulls up and beeps his horn and I let out a scream. LOL! I didn't MEAN to, it just came out. Scared my mom half to death. Then my UPS guy had to wait to see what it was He's so funny like that, always wants to know what cool thing I got, so I open up the packages and show him. You know how most small towns have a nosy neighbor who takes the good gossip all over town? Well, we have the UPS guy instead. He's hilarious. He's fun for a good bit of gossip (or, as he calls it, "town news") and always excited for people when they get something fun.

FedEx on the other hand is horrid. I don't like them. No gossip, no excitement, no even bringing the package to the door. What is wrong with people?

I'm so excited for you! Let us know when it comes!!!

Oh, on the Bosskut forum, I'm just "Nikki". You'll see me wandering around asking very stupid questions.

Last edited by cardsbynikki; 04-12-2010 at 01:03 PM..
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
LOL called Pazzles' tech support and there is an update to the machine that I was supposed to do before cutting. Thank you to the retailer for telling me this! LOL The mat issue is a known issue with their old mats. They are sending me replacement mats and blades. Yay! I hope I can install the updates and try again when my boys go down for a nap... I hope they nap long!!!!
Oy! I watched a vid on YouTube on how to change the blade in the Gazelle, well apparently, the person who did the vid had no clue what they were doing. I followed their instructions, and had a blade holder in 5 pieces and no way to get it back together. Had to order a new one! EEEKS!

So, word to the wise for anyone with a Gazelle, DO NOT UNSCREW the blade out of the holder and take out the spring to get to the blade. This is not how to do it! Just push down on the little plunger, pull the old blade out, and put the new one in, then release the plunger (I use tweezers so I don't slice myself to smithereens)

At least your screw-ups weren't yer fault te-he!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #36
Pearl-ExPert
 
gadget19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Running after my boys
Posts: 2,842
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
Gracious girl, breaking blades and mat issues! ) The day's just begun it will get better!!
Yup yup! I figured out that my issue was cutting too fast on the machine. So I slowed it down and it cuts fine. The intricate cuts still have issues but I think it is b/c I am trying to cut a very thin strip out of CS, so it wants to come up from the mat and rip rather than cut.


Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
gadget19- BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I see the new software is about to be released in a couple of months for the Pazzles. She is a beautiful machine. Plus, she has the pretty butterflies on the side. That's a plus. I can't wait to see what you make with her.
She is beautiful that is for sure. Love the butterflies (am currently searching for the Pazzles butterfly to cut out) and it is my favorite shade of blue. The rep at the show said the new software should be out soon, they are working out the bugs (Funtime 2010 that Gazelle users have).
__________________
Kelly

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
gadget19 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

Kelly- I am really not a Pink girl. I love blue so the Pazzles was really calling me because of that pretty shade of blue. I understand completely.
__________________

lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #38
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

hahaha! You are to funny! I purchased it from paper threads as they seemed to have had a better deal, although it was ten dollars more than the other. Which site has the forum you're talking about? I can't wait to get it!!! I am trying to sell my Cricut, I guess when it's time the Lord will put it into the right hands. I will let you know when it comes! I'm so excited!!! Thanks again for recommending it to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Wooo hooooo! YAY! Sign up now at Bosskut Forum then as soon as you get your Gazzy, register it. This gives you access to the owner side of the Gazelle forum, with all the awesome tutorials, files, vids, and great help from Terri, Jules and the team. If it was drop-shipped from Bosskut, they will give you access now, they just have to be able to verify you are an owner.

I am SO EXCITED for you!!! I just love my Gazzy! Oh, and talking about cute little things on the machine, on the Bosskut forum, one of the ladies (can't remember if it was Terri or Jules or Phyllis at the moment) has a little gazelle animal. I cut it out of pink vinyl and put it on my gazelle! So cute!

Now comes the hard part - WAITING! It felt like it took a year for mine to get here, it was more like a week. Then the day it was on the UPS truck I was sitting at home staring out the window the entire day waiting for my UPS guy to come. And of course it was pouring rain so he was late because his route got slowed down. Finally he pulls up and beeps his horn and I let out a scream. LOL! I didn't MEAN to, it just came out. Scared my mom half to death. Then my UPS guy had to wait to see what it was He's so funny like that, always wants to know what cool thing I got, so I open up the packages and show him. You know how most small towns have a nosy neighbor who takes the good gossip all over town? Well, we have the UPS guy instead. He's hilarious. He's fun for a good bit of gossip (or, as he calls it, "town news") and always excited for people when they get something fun.

FedEx on the other hand is horrid. I don't like them. No gossip, no excitement, no even bringing the package to the door. What is wrong with people?

I'm so excited for you! Let us know when it comes!!!

Oh, on the Bosskut forum, I'm just "Nikki". You'll see me wandering around asking very stupid questions.
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #39
Crimping Master
 
Cass2sons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,141
Default

ahhh ok, takes time in learning what the machine can and can't do. It's fun learning. How do you like the software?


Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget19View Post
Yup yup! I figured out that my issue was cutting too fast on the machine. So I slowed it down and it cuts fine. The intricate cuts still have issues but I think it is b/c I am trying to cut a very thin strip out of CS, so it wants to come up from the mat and rip rather than cut.




She is beautiful that is for sure. Love the butterflies (am currently searching for the Pazzles butterfly to cut out) and it is my favorite shade of blue. The rep at the show said the new software should be out soon, they are working out the bugs (Funtime 2010 that Gazelle users have).
Cass2sons is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #40
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sonsView Post
hahaha! You are to funny! I purchased it from paper threads as they seemed to have had a better deal, although it was ten dollars more than the other. Which site has the forum you're talking about? I can't wait to get it!!! I am trying to sell my Cricut, I guess when it's time the Lord will put it into the right hands. I will let you know when it comes! I'm so excited!!! Thanks again for recommending it to me.
Just go to www.bosskutforum.com and register. That will get you access to the visitors forum. Once you get your Gazelle, you register it (the directions are included in the manual on how to register it). Once Terri or Jules confirms you are a Gazelle owner, then you will get access to the owners section. But go now and check out the whole visitors section. I don't know if Paper Threads drop ships or not, but if they did drop-ship it, Terri or Jules can confirm you are an owner before it arrives at your house and get you access to the owner's forum.

And you're welcome! It's DeeAnn's fault I bought mine, so it's fun to enable someone else too! LOL!
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off