Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to store all this stuff?

I've started my collecton of stampin up inks, dies, papers, and stamps but I'm not sure how to store it all. I only have 15 ink pads so I do not want to buy the huge caddy yet and the same goes for all the other stuff...So I'm wondering how everyone stores their stuff so it stays neat and easily accessable for use?

TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a lady on SCS that sells great homemade holders for the stamp pads and I think that would be a better investment for your pads, especially if you get other brands to add in. It is flat against a wall. I also found some great plastic file cabinets and hang my paper in there for easy assess and for sorting. You could get some plastic boxes that you can sort items in and stack them. Being that they are see through you can see inside or make labels for what is in there. You could then store then in a book case right next to a desk/table that is your work area. I would show you mine area but I took the picture when it was a disaster and it usually always is, lol.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

It really depends on what kind of person you are. Some people like all of their "stuff" to be out in the open so they can see it, otherwise they feel it won't get used. Other people like their "stuff" put away in boxes or bins so that their creative space is clutter free.

Once you know which direction you lean towards, that will push you to what type of storage to get. I use just a tall bookcase and put all of my goodies in photo boxes, baskets, and bins. That way it stays clutter-free, easy to put away, and even easier to access.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

How can I find the lady who sells stuff on here, I'm new and looked through the buy/sell area but only saw supplies.

I think I would like everything stored away but labeled and easily accessable. I might just have to go to the store and buy lots of boxes, bins and labels. I would love to hear/see how others do it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

my best advice-live w/ it awhile. decide how you would like it stored. brads all together. ribbon on spools or off,etc.
why because you (everyone) wastes alot of money trying find "their" way.
go to the gallery here. there is a section on craft/stamp rooms. take your time to think and plan.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also browse through the Mission: Organization forum; there are lots of good ideas lurking there! Good luck, and welcome to SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

My storage space is limited so this is what I have done. I bought a kitchen island cabinet (with the pull up counter). It has a drawer, cabinet with two shelves and side towel bar. I store stamps (other than SU) in flat cases I bought from Target (in the kids craft area) in the cabinet, along with my ribbon, also in containers I bought at Target. They really do have some of the neatest containers I've ever found. Above my island (which by the way is in my living room!) I have two large wall shelves my husband built. I purchased some baskets that hang underneath the shelves too. My SU stamp sets, embellishments, embossing stuff etc are on those two shelves. I have the caddy for the SU stamps. It's wonderful. Under the flip up counter I have two 12 x 12 storage 3-drawer sets with all my papers. My MS scoreboard stand on its side beside that and my punches are in a metal basket on a shelf on my computer desk next to the island. Forgot to add that my Big Shot and cutting board are on the island countertop.

Last edited by muscrat; 11-23-2010 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: adding one more sentence.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
my best advice-live w/ it awhile. decide how you would like it stored. brads all together. ribbon on spools or off,etc.
why because you (everyone) wastes alot of money trying find "their" way.
go to the gallery here. there is a section on craft/stamp rooms. take your time to think and plan.
I totally agree with this. You can waste a lot of money very fast with storage supplies. Everytime you upgrade it cost money. When I first started I thought 3 rolling carts would be enough to store everything I could possibly get....Ha:rolleyes:. You will be surprised at how fast your collection can grow in just a few months if you really get into this craft. Give it some time and wait to see if you see your collection growing and then decide on a storage solution that can grow with your collection.

Hope this helps
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

A good friend made me my homemade wooden ink storage shelf. I love it! It was a great Christmas present.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:16 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

How to store your craft supplies and tools is the $10,000 question. Everyone has a different situation. Some have a whole room, others are limited to just a cart or a few boxes.

You have to make or find the space and storage that fits for you. The only additional thing I tell people is, if you have to stow away your things and have to pull them out each time, you won't use them as much. You need to find a way that you can get them out or leave them out so they are ready to use when you want to craft.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I really like the new boxes for the big shot dies. They are really nice and hold a lot of dies so you don't need many. They don't take up much space and you can stack them if you have one or more or different sizes.

Someday I'm going to get the ink pad storage from organize more.

For my 8.5 x 11 paper I have it in a couple of milk crate type file containers (make sense at all?) that I have next to my desk. The paper sits in hanging file folders and I keep my extra packs in the bottom one. So, the paper I use sits up high right next to me so I can grab what I need.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my 2 cents. I have been at this hobby for a while and I love to organize. It is really my most favorite thing.

My super handy dad has made me some simple wood stamp pad holders that go on the wall. It is similar to one made out of foam board. (I don't have the webiste, but pop in rebel inker and you should find it). So if you want to have wall storage that is something to think about, many people find old wooden cassette holders at thrift stores, the same basic principle.
I also tried the SU stamp pad holder, but do not like it, and it takes up a lot of desk space.

I store my big shot dies and such in 2 ways, the bigz dies go in a jet max cube with 4 drawers, they line up nice and I can easily slide out the drawer and read the labels. The small embosslits and embossing folders go in some $1 plastic bins that I found at the Target dollar spot. They stand up nice and neat.

I purchased 2 cabinets with drawers off of Craig's list that are "counter height" and can store a lot of stuff in there. I use the top for my big shot and standing up to work. I got the idea from the Ikea Verde collection, but much cheaper.

My wood stamps go into stampendous thicker storage boxes (I got that idea off of mission organization on splitcoast) and it is nice and neat. I have 2 file cabinet drawers that get my 8 1/2 x 11 paper and the 12 x 12 I store in jetmax cubes (haven't found a better solution as of yet.)

For some really good ideas look at Patter Cross' posts, she is "it" when it comes to organization and storage.

But from experience, I agree to take your organizing slowly to see if it works for you before you invest a lot. I have been through many items trying to get it right and I bought before thinking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Default stampin things storage

Stamp Pad Organizers has some great storage holders that might work for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

http://www.staceylking.com/stampaloo...structions.pdf
This is fairly easy (and cheap especially if you use a 40-50% off coupon as Hobby Lobby or Michaels) and once you get the general idea you can make your own configuration that works for you, my original one held inks and ribbons, I have just added on as my stash grew. Happy stamping. My room is in my gallery.

Green Queen Mingler
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I have a fairly organized stamp room. I bought a huge desk at Costco, found an old dresser on the side of the road..that I keep much of my supplies in. See photos.
Attached Thumbnails
How to store all this stuff?-stamp-desk-4-08-2.jpg   How to store all this stuff?-sizzix-big-kick-area-8-08.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

that dresser was a great find!
Reply With Quote Likes