Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 08-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default how do you store all of your cuttlebug extras?

Forgive me if this has be asked and answered... I am wondering how everyone stores their plates, dies and embossing folders when not using them?
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I have all of mine in a sterlite tote box that has the lid with clamps on the sides. I put the enmossing folders(large ones) into the sleeves of a photo album with the cardboard they came with. I am looking for better storage ideas since my collection is growing.
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to Sabrinasmom

I only have a few, so right now, they are in an empty diaper wipes container.
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

I put mine in empty SU stamp boxes from background stamps, since I don't store my BG stamps in the case. Then they can be shelved with my stamps and be nearby and easily contained.

My Website
Cards For A Cause, South Carolina Division of Juvenile Justice, and an Assisted Living Facility.
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinchick

I also use a Sterlite tote box to store all my dies. I also do like bensarmom does too using the empty stamp boxes, and I have Cuttlebug alphas in those.

Now that I am thinking about this and typing this out...I am remembering I needed to buy a bigger Sterlite box. When I used my dies the other day, I thought I needed a bigger box.
Unread 08-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Gabfest Goddess

I got a few free stamps from TAC....the ones you get for every $30.00 you spend. I put the stamps in with other TAC sets and use the empty plastic boxes to store small sets of dies. One set fits perfectly in each.
I just use plastic zip-lock bags for the embossing folders and larger dies. I store all this, together with my CM cutting system templates and blades, in an open plastic box for easy access.
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
Kookie Creator

good ideas! Thank you.
Any other ideas?
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I have quite a few, both the card-size folders and the smaller ones.

For the smaller ones, I use the plastic sleeve sheets you get for trading cards (9 pockets to a page) and keep them in a 3-ring binder. There are sheets with larger pockets that fit the card-size folders.

I also use the trading card size sheets to store the little clear $1 stamps that came from Michaels.

I got the plastic sheets at Office Depot.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

I use the Cropper Hopper stackable drawers. I have photos in my gallery:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=10155

Scroll down to the bottom to see the three pictures I have of my CB storage.
Unread 08-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

my CB folders and in an SU! stamp & store box (will hold about 6-

and the little die sets (4) fit nicely in a CD case (will hold 2 sets)

then i have them on a shelf like my stamp sets.
Unread 08-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
Inking Addict

Default Cuttlebug die storage

I love the snapware containers that you can find at JoAnn's, Target, Lowes. It has three rectangular plastic containers that stack on top of each other and snap togther. It has a plastic lid with a handle to complete the set. I usually get mine at JoAnn's when they have 50% off on containers. It will even hold the platforms and acrylic plates. This way I have all my Cuttlebug stuff together in one place.
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva

I have all my embossing folders in a large recipe box (plain wood - keep meaning to dress it up with some pretty paper!!). The small embossing folders I have stowed into a little album that's designed for baseball cards. And the small square dies I have in holder from Sizzix (designed to fit their Sizzlit dies, which are the same size)
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Unread 08-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

I only have the CB BG embossing folders and I had an expandable check holder (from Wal Mart) that I'd bought for small scraps of card stock. Wasn't big enough for that. Anyway, I put tabs on it and my folders fit just fine. I have 2 or 3 to a "pocket".

Carol
in IN
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #14
Hardware Hotshot

SU stamp boxes!
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #15
Chat Box Chicks Princess

I don't have many so right now they are in a Longaberger bread basket on a ledge right above my machine!
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:42 AM   #16
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeltz View Post
I love the snapware containers that you can find at JoAnn's, Target, Lowes. It has three rectangular plastic containers that stack on top of each other and snap togther. It has a plastic lid with a handle to complete the set. I usually get mine at JoAnn's when they have 50% off on containers. It will even hold the platforms and acrylic plates. This way I have all my Cuttlebug stuff together in one place.
I have these too and they're awesome! I find mine at Target in the housewares section (like where they have the plastic wastebaskets and laundry baskets.)
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I have quite a few, both the card-size folders and the smaller ones.

For the smaller ones, I use the plastic sleeve sheets you get for trading cards (9 pockets to a page) and keep them in a 3-ring binder. There are sheets with larger pockets that fit the card-size folders.

I also use the trading card size sheets to store the little clear $1 stamps that came from Michaels.

I got the plastic sheets at Office Depot.
I also use a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors as my storage system. And its easily expandable too. I got the supplies at an office supply store (office depot or office max). Back to school time you might find them on sale.
The CD storage sheets will hold A2, and alpha dies
3x3 diskette sheet protector sleeves will hold 3x3 dies
trading card sleeves hold the smaller dies
Unread 08-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #18
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhyrkas View Post
I also use a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors as my storage system. And its easily expandable too. I got the supplies at an office supply store (office depot or office max). Back to school time you might find them on sale.
Yup, what she said. I actually purchased some protective sheets from someone here on SCS about 3 months ago. One sheet has two slots and fits the embossing folders okay. The slots were a little large and if I tipped the notebook too far, they would slide out but I fixed that by putting some rivites (with my Cropadile) close to the folder on the slot to shrink it's size.
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #19
Kookie Creator

Thanks to everone for their ideas. I am going with the 3- ring binder system I think!!
Amy
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Thanks for this info too.. I was struggling with ideas for storing my growing collection of CB stuff which is all smashed into a lunch box tin and is really not user friendly! I think I will go the way of the 3-ring binder as well.
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to austamper Send a message via MSN to austamper Send a message via Yahoo to austamper

I have mind in one of my grandpas old cigar boxes.

View my BLOG
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to austamper Send a message via MSN to austamper Send a message via Yahoo to austamper

Quote:
What a GREAT idea!

View my BLOG
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #23
Matboard Maniac

At present, I keep my Cuttlebug embossing folders in one of the drawers of a large pattern file drawer ( like the ones in the fabric stores for sewing). I was able to purchase several from fabric shops when I worked for fabric companies. Right now, they are loose in the drawer (not in any type of container other than the package), but I may begin storing them in a plastic container my DH brought home to me a few months ago, but still in the drawer if it fits. Before the file drawer, I had been keeping them in a large round paper mache box, but had to switch to the drawer because I have more than a few now. The pattern file drawers are excellent for storing. The sections are a perfect fit for the folders when stored crosswise or I guess that could be horizontal while still being kept in the package so that you will know which folder you are using. I also use them to store my SU! stamp sets as well. They also have a space on/in the drawer pull which can be used to label drawer contents. You can always check the stores; ie., Joann's or Hobby Lobby and even Wal-Mart to see if they may be replacing or down-sizing and want to sell what they no-longer need. These file drawers/cabinets hold an incredible amount of crafting supplies and access to the items is really great because you don't have to climb to unstack in order to find ( not saying that I don't have some of that, too), but it is a tremendous ease in access to things that I use more than others. Well, I know that this is a lot to answer your question, but I hope that it does help you out. If not with the Cuttlebug storage, perhaps with other storage issues that you may have or someone else may have concerns with as well. Plus, you can use those little storage bins or baskets or dividers or whatever your preference may be to separate things so that they don't shift around in the drawers and you don't have to dig all through things and have and even bigger mess than before.....OK, I'm stopping now...HAGD
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

I keep my Cuttlebug embossing folders in a Altered Lunch Box with file dividers. It is a perfect size, and I purchased it from Oriental Trading for under five dollars. It still has room for more, and I have most of the current folders. I don't have many dies, because I own a cricut too, so use my bug for mostly embossing, which makes the lunch box the perfect storage for me.
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #25
Glitter Queen

There is a store on ebay called "Everything By Hand". They have all kinds of storage sleeves for Cuttlebug, Boss Kut, Sizzix, etc. I have sleeves to put every die cut, embossing folder, etc in and they are all in 2 - 3 ring binder. They even have sleeves for the Cuttlebug Alphabet. It's nice to have all of them together. They are very reasonablly priced and you can get any quantity you need. You don't need to bid on anything unless you want to. Check it out - it's great!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm a visual person and have to see everything, if I store it away, I'll never use it. I love the cute little pink, black, and white storage boxes made for Quickutz, but if I store my dies in those, they'll never be used. I went to a photoshop and bought the plastic pages that photo slides are stored in. I put all my 2x2 dies and 2x2 embossing folders in the clear little pockets and then put them in a black 3 ring binder. Now all I have to do is flip through the pages and pick out what I want to use. I also put the Cuttlebug Alphabets in these, the dies are not completely covered, but they stay put. This system works great for me as I can SEE everything.
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #27
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I made a box for my dies using two chipboard coasters as the front and back with a suspended box sandwiched between. I have a pic in my gallery : http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=63705
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #28
Insane Embellisher

We have a Rockler wood workers store near us and about 4 years ago, my husband started buying me the big square box that holds drill bits (I think) and after 4 of them he decided to make me three more. But anyhoo, I put my EFs in the plastic container that the Sizzix Simple Impressions brass dry embossing templates came in. I bought so many of them when they were 80% off that I bought the case and then I had all these clear plastic envelopes and the EFs fit in them perfectly. I then store them in a wooden box which is placed inside a cabinet that my husband made. However, I didn't know what to do with the small folders or the dies and thanks to Momis Mama I know do. I have a question, however. You said you can get 2 sets in a CD case. Did you take the plastic holder for the CD itself out? I can only get one set in a case. It sure is nice to get that weekly inkling. Thanks.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #29
Cardstock Collector

Provo Craft has a new Cuttlebug storage binder. I am not sure if it is available yet but it is on their new products page.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #30
Glitter Queen

I used a different color of card stock and made a sample of each embossing folder I own. Then I numbered the card stock and the embossing folder with the same number. Card stock samples are on a notebook ring and the folders are in picture plastic cases that you can buy and just fold together. They are in numerical order and are very easy to find the one you want. I also use them for the cutting dies as well. They lay flat in a drawer.
I sure like the idea about the lunch tin storage!! I just covered 20 of them for Christmas gifts. Maybe someone will be getting something else!!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #31
Mad Swapper

For my folders, I covered a lunch tin and store them inside. For the dies, I covered a little drawer I picked up at Target a while back. Only the bottom drawer is filled right now.
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0042.jpg   dscf0043.jpg  
Stampin' Up! demo and lovin' it!

SCS member #30822
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeltz View Post
Wow...thanks...I have 2 empty ones right now and I can move my stuff into that!!! WOOHOO....thanks for the idea!
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #33
Insane Embellisher

I received my latest Sizzix order yesterday which was Bigkick cutting pads and they came in a flat plastic container that snaps shut and holds 3 sets of the small dies. Just another possibility.
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #34
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't have a lot, but what I have fits nicely in the Designer Label Punch Box, which I emptied as soon as I got it. Free storage!
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #35
Stampin' Fool

I forgot- I also keep my brass templates in the 3ring binder