Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,167 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Help let's talk Cricut

Hello Everyone,

Help let's talk Cricut. I have the personalMachine
Cricut machine, And make some cards. But, really not in the things. Meaning I have Cricut Design Studio. But really don't how use it. I down the Cricut-Craft Room software. for free But, never used it. And now they have Cricut Design Space. trail version. I am totally confused? I am sure need all things. Since I only make few cards. Help a confused person Lol thanks, hotwheels

Why do you wanted the different version of software?
What the differnts in all the software?
Can help understand all this?
Dose the Cricut Design Space work with personalMachine
Cricut machine?
How dose theCricut Design Space work?
What can tell me about the? Machine
Machine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

btt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use the old CCR with the personal. If you're just using it to make cards, you really don't need the CCR do you have the manual to the personal?

edited add:
The reason I say this, is I never had much luck with Cricuts Craft Room thing. It always made my mac run slow. I just used the Personal without anything. I'm not getting into the new program. I don't know if it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the reply: I called Cricut and they said It would not work with the personal Cricut machine. meaning Design space. I not sure the about the Cricut craft room either? I have download on the computer But, not sure I going use it either? I am not in to it either. I am good at make some cards with the cricut either.
Thanks hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276View Post
You can use the old CCR with the personal. If you're just using it to make cards, you really don't need the CCR do you have the manual to the personal?

edited add:
The reason I say this, is I never had much luck with Cricuts Craft Room thing. It always made my mac run slow. I just used the Personal without anything. I'm not getting into the new program. I don't know if it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
The original design studio program, was the beginning of the programs PC used to enhance images on cartridges. To use more than one cartridge in a cut, then you purchased a Jukebox, it would hold six cartridges at a time, and you could have up to 3 Jukeboxes together, so you had the ability to grab an image from any of the cartridges and not have to put them in the actual Cricut machine while cutting. For example, you wanted to size a dog house from Create a Critter at 3.33", well you can't do that with any of the machines, they're in 1/2 or 1/4 inch measurements. In the design studio you could customize your size. Also, you could weld. Take that dog house, and weld Mickey onto it from Mickey and Friends. Can't do that on the Cricut, you have to cut the house, and then Mickey and glue them. Through the program, they would cut as a single image once welded. The program also allowed you to weld shapes into shapes that weren't available on any cartridges. You could make mirror cuts, slant images, and save files for future use. This was cool, but primitive compared to today's cutting.
Next was the Gypsy, a hand held version of Design Studio and it allowed you for the first time ever to "link" your cartridge. It also had a few more features. Linking meant all the cartridges were registered to your Cricut account and you didn't have to have the cartridge in your possession while cutting. You just attached they Gypsy to your machine and you didn't have to swap cartridges in and out of the machine while cutting. I still have a working Gypsy which I love, it has all 217 of my cartridges on it, and I love the portability. I can design from anywhere, hook up to my machines and cut. The Gypsy works with the Original Cricut, the Expression, Expression 2 and the Cake. The Gypsy is no longer available to be purchased except used, there are issues with linked cartridges not being transferable and Cricut is offering repair service on the Gypsy.
I can take my Gypsy to my friends houses when we're cutting with our Cricuts and not drag along all my cartridges. I can hook my Gypsy up to their cricuts as well as mine. I downloaded all the handbooks to my ipad, and I take that when I need a handbook.
Next came Cricut Craft Room and also the introduction of downloadable images that were exclusive for CCR. The beginning of digital images, and no physical cartridge, all cartridges that are linked to your account are in CCR. Since mine were on my Gypsy, there used to be an upload button (that currently isn't working), that allowed you to transfer from your Gypsy to the CCR. You only had to do it one time to start, then as you added cartridges or digital images you could transfer between CCR and your Gypsy. Again, no need to have the cartridges in your hands. The cartridges still work just fine in all the machines, you just can't do some of the fancy shaping, sizing, welding, etc. The program can do some really great things, very similar to what is on the Gypsy. CCR is light years ahead of Design Studio. Yes, the digital images transfer to my Gypsy, but PC isn't keeping Gypsy current like it used to so some of my digital downloads are on CCR only. Just a few, so it's okay. There are a lot of videos on how to use CCR on You Tube. CCR works on every single Cricut Machine except the brand new Explore.
Designer Studio is light years ahead of all the other programs, I don't have the explore, but I do have access to Designer Studio since I have a cricut account, I did check it out and all my cartridges are in Designer Studio, so if I ever get an explore I am ready to go. I do know that Designer Studio only works with the explore, you can do SVG's and all sorts of other things.
I hope this helps. A point to consider, say something awful happened and your cricut machines and cartridges were all gone (fire, theft, natural disaster sort of thing). Over the past several years all of this has happened to someone, which is so sad. By having all your cartridges linked to your Cricut Account through either CCR or Designer Studio, once all the important stuff was taken care of and you were ready to get back into crafting. You could purchase an Expression or Explore and a computer and you would still have access to all the cartridges you purchased. True you wouldn't have them in your hands and you'd always have to be hooked up to a computer and internet to cut, but at least the money spent was completely gone. Some of the cartridges I own are not available through the subscription, the licensed ones, so this brings me a measure of comfort should the unforeseen happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Wow Cynthia! What a great thorough explanation, love it! I have an E2, my first Cricut, so I didn't know all of this info, so helpful. I have a Gypsy, used it once, and love the CCR. Have linked all my many cartridges, and now know how safe I am.

Thank you again for sharing all of this info with us, I really appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote Likes