Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 AM   #921
Glitter Guru

Shaz, I could very well be wrong, but thought I remembered him saying in a CHA or class video that if you use alcohol, it wouldn't be a bad idea to then wipe it off with a damp (water) cloth. Or am I dis-remembering? (Bits from too many videos by too many people in my brain.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
shazsilverwolf and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:41 AM   #922
Die Cut Diva

bjeans, you may well be right. I was actually coming down with a UTI/Sepsis infection at the time- unknown to me right then- and I am pretty sure my memory is a bit sketchy around that time. It seems a sensible thing to do, and I often give it a wipe over with a baby wipe after to get any gel off. But I know what you mean about too much information, lol.
bjeans likes this post.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #923
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
Shaz, I could very well be wrong, but thought I remembered him saying in a CHA or class video that if you use alcohol, it wouldn't be a bad idea to then wipe it off with a damp (water) cloth. Or am I dis-remembering? (Bits from too many videos by too many people in my brain.)

I remember hearing this, as well. I think it was in the video he did on Facebook Live.
shazsilverwolf and bjeans like this post.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #924
Stazon Splitcoast

The fight continues.....

Patents. The litigation between My Sweet Petunia and Tonic Studios over alleged patent infringement continues. My Sweet Petunia, maker of the MISTI tool, is suing Tonic Studios over the Tim Holtz branded stamping tool that was announced at Creativation last year. After the first suit was filed by My Sweet Petunia, the tool’s release was delayed so it could be redesigned. After the new version of the Tim Holtz stamp platform was subsequently released by Tonic Studios, a second patent infringement lawsuit was filed in August by My Sweet Petunia. Current legal filings include motions to possibly merge the two cases into one proceeding.
The biggest fight in the case currently, however, is a motion still being fought over in which My Sweet Petunia is requesting an injunction preventing Tonic Studios from selling the Tim Holtz stamp platform until the case is decided. My Sweet Petunia is arguing to the court (in heavily redacted documents so numbers aren’t publicly visible) that the MISTI’s sales have experienced a “dramatic reduction in unit sales” and that My Sweet Petunia “stands to lose its entire business in the absence of prompt court intervention.”
Old 01-12-2018, 05:40 AM   #925
Matboard Maniac

So, the suit is just against Tonic even though other companies have a similar tool? SU seems to be the most recent addition.
I have noticed a local store that quit carrying the Misti in favor of the Tonic, because that is what the customers wanted. Such a fickle business.
Personally, I love my 3 Mistis. The owner was more than accommodating in fixing the hinges on my oldest Misti. It had so much use, bound for repair at some point.
Not sure I want to deal with the issues that the other brand tool seems to have anyway.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 AM   #926
Glitter Guru

You can track the suit using on-line legal tools like Pacer, but not much has happened in a long time. These lawsuits drag on. (Pacer costs by the page, but if you don't open/read more than a certain number of pages per month you're not charged.)

And some LSS owners have switched for reasons other than it being a fickle business (or customers). : ) I have Misti's and a Tonic and reach for the Tonic most of the time, but think it's great for consumers to have choices, whether in platforms, cars, colored pencils or diet cola (Pepsi One please, and yes, I know it's not healthy).

Last edited by bjeans; 01-12-2018 at 01:51 PM..
Craftwise and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:07 AM   #927
Glitter Guru

Oh, will this never end.
bjeans likes this post.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #928
Glitter Guru

LOL The lawsuit or talking about it?
Brenda71 likes this post.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 AM   #929
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

I bought the Tonic because I could save $20. But it took me almost 3 years to make up my mind. Maybe if the MISTI was a little less expensive, there would not be so much of a problem.

Also will she now sue Stampin Up!? Even though their stamp positioner has not been released yet, orders are being taken?

Very interested if she will sue Stampin Up!.

The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #930
Glitter Guru

Both. But the lawsuit is so ridiculous that how can we not talk about it?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #931
Glitter Guru

Karen, did you write that or is it quoted, and if so, feel like providing the link or name? : )

BTW, you have me beat by one cat.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #932
Crimping Master

Here's the link I received. Scroll down.
Update | Facebook, Instax, My Sweet Petunia, Jobs, and More! - Scrapbook Update
Old 01-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #933
Crimping Master

Well the Tim Holtz Tiny Tim stamping platform I have been pining for is reality. 6.5 X 6.5. This may be posted elsewhere but it hit live on Facebook TH site today. It's going on the TH blog soon or maybe it's already there. Got to have the new craft mat he previewed also. I didn't know I needed that multi purpose mat but I do.
Brenda71, Biko8666 and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #934
Glitter Guru

You can watch his entire sneak peek tools video on Facebook, including the Travel Platform, even if you don't have a FB account. Just select "Not Now" when it asks if you want to create an account, and then go to videos on the left. : )
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #935
Insane Embellisher

Oh Tim, you've done it again. sigh.

I'm trying to use the excuse that I'm left-handed to try to talk myself out of the media mat. lol I was sure it was going to be more expensive that $39.99.

On the other hand, does anyone else think the price of the Tiny Tim is a little high or is it just me? If I heard right its only 4 bucks less than the original. Please let me know if I'm wrong so I can justify buying it.

Or, I can tell myself the money I think I'm saving on the Media mat can be used for the Tiny Tim. I just called myself an enabler.
Brenda71, maryalena and bjeans like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #936
Glitter Guru

That media matt just made me start wondering where I can get a piece of tempered glass big enough to cover my whole table.
Brenda71 and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #937
Crimping Master

I'm left handed too. I usually wear a cut off athletic sock top from wrist toward elbow to not mess up all my sleeves but other than that I don't think about it. Turning it upside down could work.

If the platform makes me as happy as the regular size TH I already have a recipient in mind for my other small stamp positioner. I'm OK with the price. Since it has the open sides people who want a smaller footprint could still do a lot with having just this one because they are not hemmed in by having bumpers on three sides. I like the portability plus the versatility. Media mat plus Tiny Tim on my workspace, perfect. Sorry, not sorry for the cheerleading.
Brenda71 and bjeans like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #938
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiwesfan View Post
Oh Tim, you've done it again. sigh.

I'm trying to use the excuse that I'm left-handed to try to talk myself out of the media mat. lol I was sure it was going to be more expensive that $39.99.

On the other hand, does anyone else think the price of the Tiny Tim is a little high or is it just me? If I heard right its only 4 bucks less than the original. Please let me know if I'm wrong so I can justify buying it.

Or, I can tell myself the money I think I'm saving on the Media mat can be used for the Tiny Tim. I just called myself an enabler.
The last paragraph is my favorite and I would go with that. I'm one of those only going around once people.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #939
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
That media matt just made me start wondering where I can get a piece of tempered glass big enough to cover my whole table.
Any glass shop should be able to cut you a piece to size. But lots of places sell on line too - even on Amazon. Though reading one of the Amazon shop's descriptions was rather intriguing:

"Make a great scoop for the good things and how to cope with the best things around. Rectangle glass table tops are ideal for wooden furniture. It is easy to assemble and to have a party time with all things arranged on a perfect sized rectangle glass table tops. So, you will be having great fun around with most exotic locations around. It is just too good for you, and you will see lots of potential for merrymaking with your best finding at our online glass tops store!"
Amazon.com: Fab Glass and Mirror 1/4" Thick Flat Edge Tempered Eased Corners Rectangle Glass Table Top, 24" X 36": Home & Kitchen

My table is covered with plexiglass because I don't like a full glass top - it's too cold and too clangy, though many would feel differently. But having a smaller surface on the table might be fine.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #940
Glitter Guru

I am not even going to try to pretend to resist getting Tim's travel platform. I'm on it. And I think there will be even more merrymaking than with the tempered glass table top!
Old 01-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #941
Glitter Guru

I think the mat will cause much merrymaking also. Those little grid squares sized perfectly for Distress minis? Tim is killing me with the cuteness lately.

I also don't care if my pokey tool is red or black.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #942
Stampin' Fool

Ugg...right AFTER I order the full size one. Story of my life! LOL Had I known he would bring out a smaller one, even with the ongoing lawsuit, I would have waited. Grrrr...oh well, least hubby didn't sound irritated when I told him the size I really WANTED, is coming in march, even though he found the money for this one for me. Yes, the cost seems a bit much...considering the cost of the other...but hopefully we will be able to find it cheaper a few months down the line. HEHE, guess I'll have several platforms if I ever need to do a bunch of the same thing again...thats a plus! Not something I would have expected to do, since crafting money isn't easy to find...but maybe someday I'll be glad I have more than one (or two...since I do still have my Misti...which I do love, just wanted a backup and chose Tims since it seemed less fragile. )

Kinda loving that new mat idea too...so may have to get it sometime in the next year or two...if I can.
Brenda71 and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #943
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't wait to get the Tiny Tim stamping platform. I'm also intrigued by the media mat. I stamp on a vintage desk and am very messy. I also want the guillotine trimmer. Not the 12 inch, the smaller size. AndcI wouldn't mind getting a cutting blade....

Last edited by Paula O.; 01-14-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Brenda71 and maryalena like this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #944
Insane Embellisher

Too many chuckle-worthy comments to quote - you ladies crack me up!

bjeans, the only words I can find for the quote from Amazon is - (say it in a wrestling announcer's voice) let's get ready for some merry-maaaaaking!

Maryalena, genius idea with the sock. I just tossed one in the waste basket this morning for a hole in the toe, that hole's about to get bigger.

Deb, the larger platform should be perfect for that new Glorious Bouquet stamp, if that makes you feel better.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #945
Die Cut Diva

Marco's Paper has pre-order with 20% off & free shipping. You can make separate orders. Tim Holtz Products - Tim Holtz Tonic Crafting Tools - January 2018 Releases - Marco's Paper
maryalena likes this post.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #946
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
Marco's Paper has pre-order with 20% off & free shipping. You can make separate orders. Tim Holtz Products - Tim Holtz Tonic Crafting Tools - January 2018 Releases - Marco's Paper
Thanks for this. They are showing a later delivery date than some but this is a good price deal. I ordered the mat, the media tools, and the platform plus sleeve. Should start dribbling in by March. If I start clearing my desk now I might be ready for the mat by then.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #947
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalena View Post
Thanks for this. They are showing a later delivery date than some but this is a good price deal. I ordered the mat, the media tools, and the platform plus sleeve. Should start dribbling in by March. If I start clearing my desk now I might be ready for the mat by then.

I've been ordering from them a bit these past 6 months or so and found they do get things after others and it takes much longer to receive your order. My last order was placed on December 28th and its still pending. I've learned from the past that it means something is out of stock and they're holding the whole order. I now take advantage of their great sale prices and free shipping offer for things I can wait for and don't need for a specific project with a deadline (which I guess means I DON'T really need it. lol). I also like to give business to a small family company and any communication I've had with them has been quick and very helpful. I'm currently filling my cart with advance orders for February, then I'll do March, etc. I just can't add the totals when I'm done.
maryalena likes this post.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #948
Crimping Master

Good info fifiwesfan. I’m lowering my time expectations then.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #949
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I've been ordering from them a bit these past 6 months or so and found they do get things after others and it takes much longer to receive your order. My last order was placed on December 28th and its still pending. I've learned from the past that it means something is out of stock and they're holding the whole order. I now take advantage of their great sale prices and free shipping offer for things I can wait for and don't need for a specific project with a deadline (which I guess means I DON'T really need it. lol). I also like to give business to a small family company and any communication I've had with them has been quick and very helpful. I'm currently filling my cart with advance orders for February, then I'll do March, etc. I just can't add the totals when I'm done.
I've ordered from them for a few years because they are a small business with great customer service. I, too, am waiting for a 12/28 order, it contains Ranger Letter It products. When I shared the link I noted that you can make separate orders and that is what I suggest people do.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #950
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Too many chuckle-worthy comments to quote - you ladies crack me up!

bjeans, the only words I can find for the quote from Amazon is - (say it in a wrestling announcer's voice) let's get ready for some merry-maaaaaking!

Maryalena, genius idea with the sock. I just tossed one in the waste basket this morning for a hole in the toe, that hole's about to get bigger.

Deb, the larger platform should be perfect for that new Glorious Bouquet stamp, if that makes you feel better.
Officially an ear worm... (your bolded italicised comment). Thanks? ; )

If you want, google "plastic sleeve protectors arms." Years ago when I made kiln-formed glass pieces, sometimes I'd saw the glass with an electric tile saw like that spewed water everywhere. So besides a rubber apron, I'd wear green vinyl sleeves that start at the wrist and go up to mid arm.

They worked great until one of our cats took one. He liked punching little holes in it, and carrying it around - his green sleeve baby. It no longer worked well for keeping my arm dry, however.
bzzzeee likes this post.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #951
Crimping Master

I just cleaned my desk to get media mat and Tiny Tim ready, or at least to imagine what the space will look like. Somehow I didn't visualize how big this mat thing is. 23" wide is huge. Good thing Tim is tiny.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #952
Cardstock Collector

Default The Tim Holtz stamp positioner

I love my Tim Holtz positioner. It's sturdy, easy to clean , easy to see thru and best of all you only have to turn the top plate not insert a foam mat to be able to stamp photopolymer stamps. Also you can stamp on larger paper as the 2 sides are open allowing the paper to stick out from under the positioner. Good value and sturdy product!
dapperdoxie likes this post.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #953
Glitter Guru

Well, Mary, if the Tiny Tim isn’t tiny enough you can wait for the keychain version. !
Jannarama and bzzzeee like this post.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #954
Stampin' Fool

Well I'm loving my tim holtz positioner too...kinda glad I got it before I saw that the small one was coming, just so I have it...cause I like it better than I thought I would...and I figured I would like it. However I wouldn't have justified the cost of getting it, had I known about the smaller one...which I STILL want. LOL We shall see how long it takes me to get the smaller one though.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #955
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
Well, Mary, if the Tiny Tim isnít tiny enough you can wait for the keychain version. !
Haha I'll buy that too. That was one of the better parts of that video.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:11 AM   #956
Forum Fanatic

https://www.tonic-studios.com/pages/announcment071818

The Misti vs. Tonic Settlement
bzzzeee likes this post.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #957
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosMom View Post
Wow, thanks for posting that! I am SO glad I bought my Tim Holtz platform last summer! I was pondering a platform for a couple years before I bought one, and never jumped on the MISTI due to so many negative reviews on many different message boards, blogs, etc. I was thrilled when the Tim Holtz one came out and just love it.
pepperann and Paula in GA like this post.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #958
Die Cut Diva

It makes it sound like they might collaborate???? I just got an email about this from Marco Paper....

Designs for I Brake for Stamps
bzzzeee likes this post.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #959
Crimping Master

For those who have this - I have had mine for a little bit now and even if I put extra magnets on the paper, it still doesn't stay put I am wondering if I have bad magnets or something. I did put some washi tape over them but I have seen videos where people put Duct Tape on them and they still work so I can't imagine washi tape would be any worse. I tried 2 others that were in the garage, same kind just long instead of round, and they aren't really holding it down either. I am using clear stamps and they are well loved so conditioning is not the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:27 AM   #960
Glitter Guru

Clear stamps do seem to "grab" the paper more than rubber. If I find my paper lifting, I tape it down with painter's tape using small pieces in a couple of stategic spots along the edge, along with the magnets. It doesn't bother me to do this. Sometimes it's the stamp being large or having a lot of solid areas, or I am using a larger piece of cardstock than the magnets can reasonably handle. Whatever works.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 08-08-2018 at 05:55 AM..
shazsilverwolf and CraftyMel2 like this post.