Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:42 AM   #441
Rubber Obsessor

Yay Happy you have it.
The company I purchased mine from says shipping may happen end of July...
Hope the changes are not noticeable LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticdiva View Post
The Stamp Platform arrived at my doorstep yesterday while I was out. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but so happy to have it.

It will be interesting to see what the tweak is to the US version.

Maryalena - hope your platform arrives soon.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #442
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftwise View Post
Yay Happy you have it.
The company I purchased mine from says shipping may happen end of July...
Hope the changes are not noticeable LOL
Maybe the "tweak" (their word) will make it even better.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #443
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalena View Post
Could this be true? I just got an update after 10 days that my package departed Oakland today!! Nothing goes from SF to Oakland on it's way to my little town up north. They are like seven minutes apart. Dare I hope????

Bjeans your crystal ball is working overtime.
Need update! lol
Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #444
Kookie Creator

I pre ordered it from Cherry on Top. I will be pacing in front of the window for the mail carrier.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #445
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally had a chance to use my Tim Holtz positioner. I have the Misti, and probably could have survived without the Tim Holtz tool, but I kind of got caught up in the excitement and ordered from the UK.

I'm glad I did because I really like it a lot better than the Misti for the way that I stamp.

The Misti is really a "box" design, and you have to have your paper cut to fit inside to box to use it.

I found it kind of a pain to cut my cardstock into pieces and put it into the Misti when I was stamping multiple images which I do quite often. With the TH one, you can use any size paper that you want, due to the open ended design. A big plus for me!

It also seems so much more "sturdy" than the Misti, and I don't worry I will crack the plate when I press down.

I'm happy I got it and will enjoy using it. I'll probably pass my Misti along to someone soon.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
pepperann, TeeGeeDee, Paula in GA and 5 others like this post.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #446
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope these get to Michaels after they are released. I would love one!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
pepperann and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #447
Crimping Master

Just arrived today, no dog bites or beat up packaging. Here's what I think:

So much sturdier and just good looking.

As mentioned, the numbers on the ruler aren’t easy to see but I don’t use those anyway. If that's what he tweaked in the 1707e, that could be good.

He took out all the extra pieces like papers and foam and corners and just included the important stuff.

I like the top grid. If I hold it up straight and attach a sentiment to it I can line up the stamp perfectly (or with it open on my desk). If you have the older pink grid MISTI it's a little clearer but if you have the newer clear grid misti the TH grid is easier to see. I was expecting that I would have to use my clear templates all the time but not so.

I also don't miss grid impressions underneath but I suppose you could put a piece of graph paper down if that is important to you.

The creative corners don’t work with this because they are too tall and I wouldn’t want to strain the hinge or plastic. They are actually too tall for the misti too and without extra pressure prevent a clear image when fitted into the corner. Not really a reason to do that though with the TH since the open on two sides solves the problem of large stamps hanging out.

I like that it has a handle and I don't have to attach a tape tag to the side to get it open.

Two corners instead of one on my other positioner was kind of handy when I was doing multiples on my standard size. I could have two card stages going on at once but jim jamming or cutting larger cardstock was always a bigger problem.

Not having the foam underneath is no problem. I get a perfect image, better than with the misti using the exact same stamp and less pressure.

I think the only drawback for me is size on my desktop. I have to rearrange stuff today and the printer and laptop are non negotiable.

Also it doesn’t seem to pull up the paper and shift it as much as the misti but I don’t see how that could be. It shifts a tiny bit with the stickiest stamps though so it’s still important to adjust.

That’s it, glad I bought it. I don't see it as a copy at all. To me it's a souped up version of a lot of versions of hinged image makers that have gone on long before.

I hope you all have one soon.
pepperann, TeeGeeDee, Paula in GA and 7 others like this post.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:17 PM   #448
Glitter Guru

Yay! Crystal Magic 8 Ball said it would be there today!

I'm going to rub a little acrylic paint in just a bit of the ruler grooves to see if they show up better, like for the Cutterpillar Crop (not that I use it). Rub on, rub off (with apologies to The Karate Kid.) I don't use the Misti ruler either but maybe it's something to think about using. lol

Since I use the Tim platform like a book it turned out I didn't need to shift anything. The area to my left is kind of a no [wo]man's land.

So glad you got it! And cool review. Now I want the case.
buggainok and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #449
Crimping Master

Oh yes the case, it's nice looking and not a huge satchel thing.

One thing- Disoriented with the direction. Although left handed, I always used my Misti upside down and put my card stock in the lower or upper right corner because I open doors and books that way in a right handed world. Now the one and only corner on the TH is in the lower left corner or hinge up in the upper left corner and it just feels weird.

Good idea about the paint. I do have a really bright drafting lamp over my desk and once that's on I can see the numbers and I don't really use the ruler anyway. I'm actually glad he didn't choose loud colors but maybe slightly bigger numbers and markings could have worked. No buyer's remorse here though. It's such a slick design.
Paula in GA, buggainok and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 AM   #450
Pearl-ExPert

Hum, sounds closer to my WRMK Precission Press. Some of the changes made were the reason I did not choose this when doing my research. I would like to see a video of this new version works.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #451
Glitter Guru

Quote:

One thing- Disoriented with the direction. Although left handed, I always used my Misti upside down and put my card stock in the lower or upper right corner because I open doors and books that way in a right handed world. Now the one and only corner on the TH is in the lower left corner or hinge up in the upper left corner and it just feels weird.
If you turn it so that the corner is at the top right as you look at it, then you would just have to get used to putting your paper at the top right instead of the bottom left like a right-hander using it sideways would do.

The way Tim originally demo-ed it, the hinges were oriented at the top - all the printed words on it are oriented that way - which has your putting your paper up at the top left hand corner. So that's how it was designed. To put the paper at the top corner.

It just fits in my designated space better turned sideways.
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #452
Crimping Master

I don't have the WRMK. Now that I can compare I see the good in my TH as well as my Misti. I will still be using my mini because it's so easy to grab for the small stuff and takes up so little space.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:19 AM   #453
Crimping Master

It fits my designated space sideways better too Rachelrose. I've already reoriented to it.
shazsilverwolf likes this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #454
Stampin' Fool

Oh y'all are making me so jealous! Mine is on preorder so I have to wait til July...trying to be patient!! Although I do have two Misti's, the original and the small, I am just getting back into scrapping albums again after several years of card making only, so I'm looking forward to using the Tim Holtz one for scrapping! Oh but the waiting is hard...
pepperann, Cinnistew, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #455
Kookie Creator

I pre-ordered from Cherry on Top. Biting my nails til it arrives!!

Tara
Old 06-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #456
Embossing Fanatic

I plan to purchase this as I love the feature of flipping the cover to use clear or rubber stamps.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #457
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
If you turn it so that the corner is at the top right as you look at it, then you would just have to get used to putting your paper at the top right instead of the bottom left like a right-hander using it sideways would do.

The way Tim originally demo-ed it, the hinges were oriented at the top - all the printed words on it are oriented that way - which has your putting your paper up at the top left hand corner. So that's how it was designed. To put the paper at the top corner.

It just fits in my designated space better turned sideways.
I think your solution would work well for a lefty, but being a righty - or maybe just what I'm used to - the lid would open left to right that way, not natural since I'm constantly picking up things just to my right to use.

I'm not sure I could flip things around though may try it. But I'm getting used to the corner being on the left side and bottom. (Top to bottom doesn't work in my space for the Misti or Tiim platform.)
Old 06-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #458
Crimping Master

Rumor alert. This notice on the Ranger wholesale page

TIM HOLTZ STAMP PLATFORM: We expect delivery of this item by mid-July. Please note that this item will ship as TTS1707
Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #459
Pearl-ExPert

Default Have you seen Tim Holtz stamp positioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutabagapie View Post
I plan to purchase this as I love the feature of flipping the cover to use clear or rubber stamps.
This is why I love my WRMK. No flipping for different types of stamps,open on two sides, weighs a little less and is 7x7 so I can easily stamp around a 12x12 piece of paper as needed. As a card maker it is handy to stamp four of the same images in each of the four corners, which speeds up multiple card fronts.
Scrapjanny and Hoboken Paper like this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #460
Crimping Master

Is the WRMK still available or did it get caught up in the patent suit?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #461
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
This is why I love my WRMK. No flipping for different types of stamps,open on two sides, weighs a little less and is 7x7 so I can easily stamp around a 12x12 piece of paper as needed. As a card maker it is handy to stamp four of the same images in each of the four corners, which speeds up multiple card fronts.
Agree it's nice to stamp around a large piece of paper - the Tim platform is also open on two sides to do that and the bed is about 9x9" (?). (Someone correct me if that's wrong.)

I like that it's a bit heavy duty - though still under 2 pounds - since my Misti was starting to creak and I've been concerned I'd crack it since I'm a CPR stamper.

Ironic the WRMK Precision Press was pulled because of the lawsuit, given that their Letter Press was used as a stamping platform too quite a while ago. Really too bad, since people's preferences vary; choices are good. Of course people could buy it from the UK.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-27-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Hoboken Paper likes this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #462
Glitter Guru

I just tried the MSP corners in my Tim platform and they work - I thought someone said they didn't but maybe I mis-read.

And I realized I could use the platfrom flipping the lip top to bottom. I moved a couple of small items. I'm not sure I'll keep it in that orientation but will try it out. Now I want Tim to make a mini.
krprice70 and dapperdoxie like this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #463
Glitter Guru

Never thought about the lefty thing and that having only one corner would present a conundrum.

So now are you using it upside down?

We live in a right-handed world, for sure.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #464
Glitter Guru

I'm a righty, not a lefty. Though in my post to you (#20?) I think I reversed something. (Who's on first?)

If I put the platform a standard righty book orientation, the corners are on the bottom and left.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #465
Glitter Guru

That's how I use it. It's obviously designed to be used with the hinges on the top. Because Tim has such a big island desk in his studio. !
Old 06-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #466
Crimping Master

Adjusted to the opposite corner and use it like a righty, open a book style. Got over myself in five minutes about the corner.

Hmm on the creative corners. They seemed too high for the clear side. The corners are a fraction taller than my TH magnets (the plastic part) so I was a little hesitant. Probably won't hurt it. My bar magnet seems way too tall so I don't think I will use that. It's kind of too powerful anyway. I was ripping my washi tape just trying to pull it off. The two magnets that came with it seem to do the job.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #467
Pearl-ExPert

I have not heard how WRMK are dealing with any lawsuits. They are as big a company as Tonic I think. So I can't imagine that would not respond as Tonic did. However I do know there is a Canadian version of this product. I don't know if there is a patent in Canada for this one, but I was given a heads up fromLSS owner.

I should really look at the video, but have not bothered as I have 2 Precission Presses.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #468
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
I have not heard how WRMK are dealing with any lawsuits. They are as big a company as Tonic I think. So I can't imagine that would not respond as Tonic did. However I do know there is a Canadian version of this product. I don't know if there is a patent in Canada for this one, but I was given a heads up fromLSS owner.

I should really look at the video, but have not bothered as I have 2 Precission Presses.
Just looked it up. WRMK was one of the ones that withdrew their product when the Misti patent was granted so it's not available to buy in the US as far as I know. I saw a video on it. I can see why people liked it.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #469
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Adjusted to the opposite corner and use it like a righty, open a book style. Got over myself in five minutes about the corner.

Hmm on the creative corners. They seemed too high for the clear side. The corners are a fraction taller than my TH magnets (the plastic part) so I was a little hesitant. Probably won't hurt it. My bar magnet seems way too tall so I don't think I will use that. It's kind of too powerful anyway. I was ripping my washi tape just trying to pull it off. The two magnets that came with it seem to do the job.
My recollection was that the corners on the Misti were also the barest bit above the magnets. I didn't think there was any stress placed on the Tim platform.

Did you get a 1/8th" bar magnet? Mine seems fine but I haven't been using it. I think the Tim platform has a stronger magnetic pull, but that could be because there's no foam on top of the platform for photopolymer stamps.

Now I'm curious - I'll re-look when I go back to the craft room.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #470
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I went back and looked. My take, FWIW (not much) is that the corners are just a bit higher than magnets on both the Tim Platform and the Misti. And that they're fine on the Platform.

And the hold - for magnets and corners - is stronger on the Platform because there's no foam over the base, that is, for photopolymer stamps.

My bar magnet and the Tim magnets appear to be the same thickness - 1/16th of an inch or just over. I can't hold them next to each other for obvious reasons!

Just my take.
maryalena likes this post.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #471
Crimping Master

Hmm. I got my bar magnet from Simon. Maybe I got a fat one. It was a little high in the Misti. Makes sense about the foam reducing the pull. I still use my mini so I guess I'll leave the bar one there. I also hope they come out with a Tiny Tim size. That would be perfect with the open sides feature.

Ann at Craft World answered my thanks email and said that she was sold out and wasn't expecting another order anytime soon. Didn't say why. With Ranger's announcement today on their wholesale page it shouldn't be too much longer for people waiting here.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:00 AM   #472
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Hmm. I got my bar magnet from Simon. Maybe I got a fat one. It was a little high in the Misti. Makes sense about the foam reducing the pull. I still use my mini so I guess I'll leave the bar one there. I also hope they come out with a Tiny Tim size. That would be perfect with the open sides feature.

Ann at Craft World answered my thanks email and said that she was sold out and wasn't expecting another order anytime soon. Didn't say why. With Ranger's announcement today on their wholesale page it shouldn't be too much longer for people waiting here.
My bar magnet was from an on-line magnet seller, and is a tiny bit high in the Misti too. So if the Misti could handle it I figured the Tim could since it's beefier. That said, it's staying in the Misti, since the hold in the Tim is much stronger without foam. In fact I couldn't pick up a corner - I had to slide it.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #473
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
My bar magnet was from an on-line magnet seller, and is a tiny bit high in the Misti too. So if the Misti could handle it I figured the Tim could since it's beefier. That said, it's staying in the Misti, since the hold in the Tim is much stronger without foam. In fact I couldn't pick up a corner - I had to slide it.
I ripped the washi tape handle off my bar trying to get it off the platform so I'm done with that. The two magnets that came with it work well enough and with the slick base and openness of the system it's easy to make a tiny paper adjustment. It's working well as is. It really doesn't need my extra doodads.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #474
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I ripped the washi tape handle off my bar trying to get it off the platform so I'm done with that. The two magnets that came with it work well enough and with the slick base and openness of the system it's easy to make a tiny paper adjustment. It's working well as is. It really doesn't need my extra doodads.

I was having trouble with ripping the washi tape off my magnet too, till I got some of the glitter tape at walmart, and used it. It's heavier and seems to work great! Just thought I'd put that out there, in case it helps...cause I LOVE the bar magnet as it holds my paper down better! (Just have my misti, so don't know if it would work as well in your new one...but thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to try it.)
muscrat and I'm a caregiver like this post.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #475
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoxie View Post
I was having trouble with ripping the washi tape off my magnet too, till I got some of the glitter tape at walmart, and used it. It's heavier and seems to work great! Just thought I'd put that out there, in case it helps...cause I LOVE the bar magnet as it holds my paper down better! (Just have my misti, so don't know if it would work as well in your new one...but thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to try it.)
Good thought. I won't have to Keep replacing the washi. The bar magnet is just about the right strength for my Misti so I think it will stay there.
dapperdoxie likes this post.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #476
Insane Embellisher

Hmmmmm. HSN is selling the We R Memory Keepers Precision Press again:

https://www.hsn.com/products/we-r-me...bundle/8416417

With this set you can attach a stencil and has a typeset plate.

I don't have one so I can't say if there's been any changes made. I checked the WRMK website to search the press and it came back with zero hits. Hmmmmm

I Have Tim's on pre-order but I'm tempted to buy this - just because!
bjeans likes this post.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:57 AM   #477
Glitter Guru

Wow. IKR? Just because we can. : ) There's a lot in that bundle, I'm curious about the alphas and case - combo of a stamping platform and their letter press. Good for them.

I wish there was a video.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #478
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiwesfan View Post
Hmmmmm. HSN is selling the We R Memory Keepers Precision Press again:

https://www.hsn.com/products/we-r-me...bundle/8416417

With this set you can attach a stencil and has a typeset plate.

I don't have one so I can't say if there's been any changes made. I checked the WRMK website to search the press and it came back with zero hits. Hmmmmm

I Have Tim's on pre-order but I'm tempted to buy this - just because!

I got a deal of the original one when WRMK had to stop selling them. The difference is the attachment for the stencils as well the additional plates to use.
fifiwesfan likes this post.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:19 AM   #479
Glitter Guru

I wish we could see the font of the alphas. Do you like the press?

WRMK decided to stop selling them - maybe not up for a legal battle? If there was no injunction they didn't have to stop. I wonder if this means their position is that they've changed it enough - as an upgrade/addition to their Letter Press, which pre-dated the Misti - that they're going to move forward.

(ETA WRMK was acquired by American Crafts a few years ago.)

Last edited by bjeans; 07-01-2017 at 06:29 AM..
Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #480
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe WRMK are on to bigger and better things .They have made some creative tools in the past and I am sure will continue to do so in the future.
As well the market had been flooded with this type of tool for several years so time to get creative with some new and wonderful tool we all "must" have . He hee
maryalena likes this post.