Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 09-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

That's awesome about your refund! Which seller did you buy from, if you don't mind me asking? Link me to one, maybe? Thanks!
{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
sprtchick likes this post.
Unread 09-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered one too yesterday Boss, as that Snowflake square die is not the first one I've had to faff about with, while I must say the other dies had cost considerably more! I too have ordered some more dies, there is a thread here from someone asking about 'snowy hills' dies- a set of assorted wavy lines? I thought that was such a good idea- I always get mine way to ragged when I tear them,- and found they had a set of those too, lol.
Good news on the refund speed, but I do always check feedback ratings from anyone before I order, and theirs was good, to be honest.
Unread 09-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Dreamsinpink, this seller is the one I've been using, don't know if it's the same as Boss, but if you see this name, you can trust them. 100% positive feedback.
Unread 09-21-2016, 01:28 AM   #44
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Shaz, that seller doesn't have anything for sale right now though. That's kind of odd...

What is faff? lol
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 09-21-2016, 02:40 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Slang over here for having to mess about with something/wasting time on non essential stuff, lol.
I've tried putting a link to an E-bay.com list, but for some weird reason it swaps it to a UK version. that must be what happened the other day.
Just put 'Cutting dies from China' in the search bar.
Unread 09-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #46
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInPink View Post
That's awesome about your refund! Which seller did you buy from, if you don't mind me asking? Link me to one, maybe? Thanks!
Here's the one that I have used that responded so quickly to my refund request. They have a 99.5 rating, I see:

wangrea on eBay

And here is the link to the part of the store that has the dies that are buy it now rather than bid. Thought I would save you the hunting to find it!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Die-Cutting-...=&_ssn=wangrea

Last edited by Boss; 09-21-2016 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Added link
Brenda71, sprtchick and marymint like this post.
Unread 09-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #47
Die Cut Diva

hahaha, Shaz, I googled faffing last night... rofl. I thought it was another stamping acronym!!! LOL

Ahh Susy, thank you! That's the seller I bought one of my dies from.. and who I've been watching stuff from. Thanks for the links, you're awesome! xD
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
buggainok and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Unread 09-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf View Post
Slang over here for having to mess about with something/wasting time on non essential stuff, lol.
I've tried putting a link to an E-bay.com list, but for some weird reason it swaps it to a UK version. that must be what happened the other day.
Just put 'Cutting dies from China' in the search bar.
Shaz: O.T. I'm going to add "faffing about" to my vocabulary list! Love it. I read lots of British mysteries, and love all the slang in them. I wonder, do you guys really say: "And there you go, Bob's your uncle?"

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
RJP111 and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Unread 09-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #49
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Shaz: O.T. I'm going to add "faffing about" to my vocabulary list! Love it. I read lots of British mysteries, and love all the slang in them. I wonder, do you guys really say: "And there you go, Bob's your uncle?"
What does that one mean, Bugga?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 09-21-2016, 12:38 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What does that one mean, Bugga?

And Bob's your uncle is an expression of unknown origin, that means "and there it is" or "and there you have it." It is commonly used in Great Britain and Commonwealth countries. Typically, someone says it to conclude a set of simple instructions. The meaning is similar to that of the French expression "et voilą!"

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Unread 09-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Yes Bugga, it does still get used. We have lots of oddities like that. For instance-'It's black over Bills Mothers'- meaning the sky has gone dark in the distance, and looks like heavy rain to come.
lynnewithane, buggainok and muscrat like this post.
Unread 09-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Ha! I love it.. I wish I knew someone who used these expressions.. In person I mean, Shaz.
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
buggainok and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Unread 09-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

has anyone seen any of the ebay dies that will cut out the entire rose from the Rose Wonder SU set? I have the stencil version but I am hoping for something to cut out the entire rose. I know that Dave from Dave's Dies made one but it sold out asap before I made it to the updated website.

Just crossing my fingers and hoping??
Unread 09-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #54
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkerzaway View Post
has anyone seen any of the ebay dies that will cut out the entire rose from the Rose Wonder SU set? I have the stencil version but I am hoping for something to cut out the entire rose. I know that Dave from Dave's Dies made one but it sold out asap before I made it to the updated website.

Just crossing my fingers and hoping??
I have recently done lots of searching (& purchasing) of the inexpensive dies direct from China. I also am familiar with the die set you are wanting to go with the Rose Garden thinlit set that Dies by Dave created to cut out the solid shape to go behind those "stencil" ones. With that being said, I have not seen ANY dies like this with the Chinese vendors I have followed. Bummer...

However, that doesn't mean it won't show up in the future. I will definitely keep you in mind, and if I see those dies (China vendor or Dave), pop up, I will send you a pm or get back on this thread and try to find you.

Good luck in your search!
Unread 09-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #55
Glitter Queen

Just so you are all aware the vast majority of all from the cheap China designs are designs made from American artists. It is very easy to see which ones are designed in China and which ones are made by an American artist. The Chinese ones are typically weird or cheesy. I personally I had over 2 dozen designs ripped off from me. And it takes hours of calls and emails to get the postings removed only for dozens more to pop up. I counted over 2,000 sales on my products they sold of mine quantity wise. I am a small business and have invested so much into making great designs and I keep my profit margin extremely low. Just so you all know what you are buying.
sprtchick, buggainok, Scrapjanny and 7 others like this post.
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #56
Die Cut Diva

Gina, how do you know which ones are copies? I'm not that familiar with the market, so I honestly do not know. Which ones of your designs have they copied. I have bought 2 from them, but now am hesitant to say which ones.

I'm not familiar with your line, nor do I know your prices, but I know if I see a design I like, for $.99 with free shipping for one small die, that's going to be hard for me to pass up when I see others that charge a lot more for one small die.

I do understand where you are coming from though. I am sure it is frustrating. Beyond frustrating, actually. How can they do this? Do you not have patents? ( I know nothing about the die industry. I'm simply curious.)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo

Last edited by DreamsInPink; 09-27-2016 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: corrections
sprtchick and shazsilverwolf like this post.
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:41 PM   #57
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Gina, how do you know which ones are copies? I'm not that familiar with the market, so I honestly do not know. Which ones of your designs have they copied. I have bought 2 from them, but now am hesitant to say which ones.

I'm not familiar with your line, nor do I know your prices, but I know if I see a design I like, for $.99 with free shipping for one small die, that's going to be hard for me to pass up when I see others that charge a lot more for one small die.

I do understand where you are coming from though. I am sure it is frustrating. Beyond frustrating, actually. How can they do this? Do you not have patents? ( I know nothing about the die industry. I'm simply curious.)
China is notorious for copying everything. Their biggest market is America so they copy American artists items. Here is my buck die, an original by me. I paid $150 from cheery Lynn (dies direct) for a mold. Over 42 sellers had these on aliexpress. I sell my dies 2 to 3 times cheaper then most retailers. I work so hard. I understand trying to save money but in all honesty with how my prices are you are saving a $1 when buying this and support a person/company that stole the design. So with your question of how do you know if it looks weird or silly they made it. Otherwise some designer made it or it is a stolen vector image that again an artist drew and they stole it and made it into an image without compensating the artist.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Cutting...327?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Little-Deer-Di...523?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Little-Deer-Di...258?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Cutter-Cut...179?nav=SEARCH
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:50 PM   #58
Die Cut Diva

I do not know what aliexpress is. So you have this buck die for $3? I'd love to look at your designs.. do you have a website?
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:53 PM   #59
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I do not know what aliexpress is. So you have this buck die for $3? I'd love to look at your designs.. do you have a website?
I better not link my site per the rules but if you google GINA MARIE DESIGNS you should have no problem finding them. The majority of my dies are $10 and less and that includes large stitched sets
sprtchick and melonhead like this post.
Unread 09-28-2016, 12:00 AM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Awesome, I found it... you.. lol You do have a lot of beautiful dies. And sadly, I do see some I recognize from eBay. Your prices are very reasonable! Do you advertise? Because I'm not sure if I've ever seen these before... people need to know! xD Or am I just sheltered? lol
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
sprtchick and kazooMI like this post.
Unread 09-28-2016, 12:06 AM   #61
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Awesome, I found it... you.. lol You do have a lot of beautiful dies. And sadly, I do see some I recognize from eBay. Your prices are very reasonable! Do you advertise? Because I'm not sure if I've ever seen these before... people need to know! xD Or am I just sheltered? lol
I have only been in business 2 years with the dies. I have a store front too. I do not advertise much, but in the last year business has exploded and I am overly grateful. There are lots of similar products in the industry but to flat out copy is just horrible. I put my profit margin as low as possible to offer nice designs for an affordable price. I totally get how price matters, I am the coupon queen. But now you know how it works. Same with all the cheap stamps and other items that are a "great" deal. They are nearly all copied.
sprtchick, Gdoreen, StamperDea and 1 others like this post.
Unread 09-28-2016, 12:13 AM   #62
Die Cut Diva

Wow, yes, I understand. It is horrible to outright copy stuff... I had no idea. So, do you do stamps as well? You refer to cheap stamps... *thinks* I've not run across any cheap stamps. Would you mind if I PM you sometime in the near future? It's after 3 am here.. *night owl* It looks like you are really new here. Well, not by date, but you haven't posted much... =)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 09-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #63
Pearl-ExPert

I must say this part of the thread has made me wonder what the likes of Tim Holtz/Ranger/Sizzix/ et al do to protect their designs, because they are companies who I've never seen have their designs copied? Surely if they can protect their designs that well, there must be a legal way to do so.
The trouble is, I have a problem with paying a premium on stuff- everything in my life, not just crafting- when I know/suspect I'm paying a good portion of the price for the name. TH is a good example. I love his stuff, but rarely buy any, simply down to the price point.
I won't buy designer anything, for me a £5 pair of leggings are fine, why should I pay £40 just to have a fancy label on the inside?
I have friends who think nothing of paying £100+ for a pair of trainers. Me? over £20 and I won't pay it.
And I think in the end that's what it comes down to. In all purchases, a huge number of people have got fed up with paying that 'big name' premium.
Typical example in a grocery store last week- Stores own brand non stick fry pan- perfectly good, £9.50. IDENTICAL pan, has name of well known TV chef on the box- not even on the pan, just the box!- £29.99. There is no reason or sense in it at all.
But also, another problem I have is that a lot of stuff available from the USA carries an horrendous shipping charge- often way more than the cost of the product. I can't justify doing that.
Just my opinion, I know not everyone will agree. But I need to get as much value for my cash as possible, in every area of my life, not just in crafting. It may be a hobby, but I'm afraid some pricing is pushing it into the 'luxury' area.
DreamsInPink likes this post.
Unread 09-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #64
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamariefolders View Post
Just so you are all aware the vast majority of all from the cheap China designs are designs made from American artists. It is very easy to see which ones are designed in China and which ones are made by an American artist. The Chinese ones are typically weird or cheesy. I personally I had over 2 dozen designs ripped off from me. And it takes hours of calls and emails to get the postings removed only for dozens more to pop up. I counted over 2,000 sales on my products they sold of mine quantity wise. I am a small business and have invested so much into making great designs and I keep my profit margin extremely low. Just so you all know what you are buying.
This is why I won't buy any of the cheap items from China. They are notorious for doing this, and not only for crafting items. I'm not criticizing those who do buy them, but I have made this personal choice.
Unread 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #65
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Wow, yes, I understand. It is horrible to outright copy stuff... I had no idea. So, do you do stamps as well? You refer to cheap stamps... *thinks* I've not run across any cheap stamps. Would you mind if I PM you sometime in the near future? It's after 3 am here.. *night owl* It looks like you are really new here. Well, not by date, but you haven't posted much... =)

Gina Marie does have stamps too. She sells her own designs as well as names you would recognize (Tim Holtz, Hero Arts, Art Impressions, etc.) for way less than other places. I've purchased dies and stamps from her SEVERAL times and they have all been quality products. AND, she is REALLY NICE! She personally replied to a question I had within 30 minutes of sending the question. And for those of us in the States, if you order $50 or more, shipping is free. I have been very happy with the products and service. Some items are limited in quantities, so snatch them up when you can.

I had never heard of Deep Red rubber stamps... she carries some of them. On my last order I ordered one to try out (Harvest Sunflower/ now sold out)... it is wonderful... stamps beautifully. Used her stitched rectangle dies to frame it. Everyone who has seen the card made from it wants one. Thank you Gina Marie! ~ Mary

Scrapbook Outlet
Unread 09-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone have a list of which of these dies coordinate with SU Stamp Sets? LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Here is a link to an ebay page with cute dies and wow prices. I have made several purchases from China vendors - non craft related - and never been disappointed yet. The transaction is through paypal so no problem with the payment method. The parcels come as e-packets from China and generally takes about 3 weeks. So, if you are not in a hurry those dies look like a good deal. For less than $5 a set, why not? I'm not sure if are the same dies you were looking at - but they are cute and cheap.

If you would like to see my cards, please click here :-)

Gallery updated Aug 31, 2017
Please join us in our 2017 Bible Verse Challenge
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Unread 09-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #67
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymint View Post
Gina Marie does have stamps too. She sells her own designs as well as names you would recognize (Tim Holtz, Hero Arts, Art Impressions, etc.) for way less than other places. I've purchased dies and stamps from her SEVERAL times and they have all been quality products. AND, she is REALLY NICE! She personally replied to a question I had within 30 minutes of sending the question. And for those of us in the States, if you order $50 or more, shipping is free. I have been very happy with the products and service. Some items are limited in quantities, so snatch them up when you can.

I had never heard of Deep Red rubber stamps... she carries some of them. On my last order I ordered one to try out (Harvest Sunflower/ now sold out)... it is wonderful... stamps beautifully. Used her stitched rectangle dies to frame it. Everyone who has seen the card made from it wants one. Thank you Gina Marie! ~ Mary

Scrapbook Outlet
Dittos to everything you just said about Gina Marie - this has been my experience with her, as well. All wonderful!
And those Deep Red rubber stamps are SO gorgeous....quality rubber with substantial cling foam and they come on their own storage sheet of white laminated vinyl material with the image of the design on one side & the stamp clinging to the back side. They stamp like a dream, tool. Lovin' the Deep Red stamp line! Check out the chickens stamp if you are into all things fowl.
sprtchick, marymint, kazooMI and 1 others like this post.
Unread 09-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #68
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gina Marie,
are your dies made in China? Am now rather curious if the manufacturer there is selling the use of your custom mold(s) to someone else without your permission.

I know back in the day (15-20 years ago) when punches first became popular there were similar issues with the manufacturers in Taiwan. Some would honour an exclusive right to a punch mold made and others would sell it to anyone that approached them even if technically the design belonged to another company.
Unread 09-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

I have loads of Gina Marie dies! Finest quality great dies!

My LuLaRoe business on Facebook :LuLaRoe Amber Shaw link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1131616026921064/
whim6915, marymint, kazooMI and 1 others like this post.
Unread 09-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #70
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch-crazy View Post
Gina Marie,
are your dies made in China? Am now rather curious if the manufacturer there is selling the use of your custom mold(s) to someone else without your permission.

I know back in the day (15-20 years ago) when punches first became popular there were similar issues with the manufacturers in Taiwan. Some would honour an exclusive right to a punch mold made and others would sell it to anyone that approached them even if technically the design belonged to another company.
My $10 dies are made out of country. But it's my smaller ones made in the USA being copied and resold. I have no idea how or why. Thankfully I win nearly every submission I enter for removal of the stolen designs. But then they pop up again and I have to resubmit a removal order. Grrr
sprtchick and kazooMI like this post.
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #71
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
I have loads of Gina Marie dies! Finest quality great dies!
Another vote for Gina Marie dies. I too have a ton of them, and love, loooove dealing with her.
sprtchick and ginamariefolders like this post.
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #72
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to grateful2bsaved

P.S.: I have bought some of the China dies, but none of the ones Gina Marie has.
Unread 09-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #73
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamariefolders View Post
My $10 dies are made out of country. But it's my smaller ones made in the USA being copied and resold. I have no idea how or why. Thankfully I win nearly every submission I enter for removal of the stolen designs. But then they pop up again and I have to resubmit a removal order. Grrr
That sounds really frustrating. So sorry to hear of such dishonesty
Unread 09-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #74
Die Cut Diva

Hmm, I definitely see myself ordering from GinaMarie, at least for the stitched sets. I love that look! And I refuse to spend $30 for a set of circles or whatever just because they have the stitched look. I have ordered two of the cheaper dies from China. One came yesterday and one came today. I tried them both tonight and I couldn't be happier. =)
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Unread 09-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #75
Hardware Hotshot

I have several of Gina Marie's dies (some I bought twice! lol) and absolutely love them! The dies cut beautifully!

I bought some of the chinese dies from Ebay, but none that I recognized from other companies. I wondered how this seller was able to sell them so cheaply; now I know.

Fun Stampers Journey Coach #382
My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
My passion - rescuing senior dogs! The Mr Mo Project
sprtchick, grateful2bsaved and marymint like this post.
Unread 10-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #76
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP111 View Post
I have several of Gina Marie's dies (some I bought twice! lol) and absolutely love them! The dies cut beautifully!

I bought some of the chinese dies from Ebay, but none that I recognized from other companies. I wondered how this seller was able to sell them so cheaply; now I know.
One of the main reasons they are able to sell so cheaply is that China devalues their currency.
Unread 10-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #77
Die Cut Diva

I found I already had Gina's site bookmarked. What have I been waiting for?! It's a lot easier justifying a $10. or $20. purchase. Lol Plus it's more fun to buy dies.

sprtchick, gregzgurl and grateful2bsaved like this post.
Unread 10-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #78
Glitter Queen

GinaMarie, You have "Cut Ink & Emboss" dies but nothing on what that means or how to best use them. It looks intriguing - do you have a youtube or vimeo channel that explains?

By the way, I saw some Tattered Lace designs on the Chinese ebay site as well. I recognize them as I was just browsing their designs last night looking for a rat or mouse design - but they only had a squirrel in the rodent line. Rats are not at all popular.
Unread 10-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #79
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Got my first order of Gina Marie Designs today...they are fabulous. Cut great, resonable price and fast shipping. I just placed a second order.

Fan Club Member
Unread 01-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #80
Cardstock Collector

Default Cheap Dies from China

I've ordered a few to see if they were any good and so pleasantly surprised how nice they really are. I first ordered from 99% up. That order arrived in about a week! I then ordered some from 97.8% rating and it took 3 weeks. One item was missing so I contacted seller. It was sent in 2 shipments and arrived in a couple of days! No problems! Thank you for the links to the clear envelopes wondered where to get them. And I think thank you for the aliexpress link. I think I'm about to spend more lol. I did notice that some of the prices were cheaper than Ebay and some were more FYI. Happy New Year.