In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper
 
sewcrafty28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Default Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect

I just happened across a youtube video that introduces and compares a Hampton Art Stamp Perfect to a MISTI (looks identical to a MISTI, but turquoise in color rather than the hot pink of the MISTI)

The lady doing the video says her Michaels store is carrying it now. Has anyone used this stamp positioner?
Lynne
sewcrafty28 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,726
Default

I don't have it, but googled and all the reviews are very positive. Several said it was better than the Mini-Misti. I think it's about the same size. The price is sure right!

Another tool similar is made by We R Memory Keepers. Here's a link:


https://www.amazon.com/We-Memory-Kee...recision+press


This one is bigger than the Stamp Perfect, and also gets great reviews.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
Swapper of the Month - January 2014
 
QueenOfInkland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,957
Default

Check out t!m holtz's new version....i have the original misti and love it, but I'm getting t!m's which has an excellent price point and some great innovative IMO modifications. You can see it demo'd here by t!m:
__________________
"May your mind whirl joyful cartwheels of creativity." - Jonathan Lockwood Huie.
QueenOfInkland is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
dogbyte, kazooMI and bjeans like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,872
Default

Tim's looks excellent, and appears fairly heavy duty - including the weight - if that floats your boat. I'll be tempted to add it. It's nice to see a truly different version hit the streets - well, hit them in April.

Video is on his Facebook page, and you don't need an account to watch.
bjeans is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert
 
iamvics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rochester, WA
Posts: 2,964
Default

On Tim's blog (with video): 2017 sneak peek ? tonic studios? | Tim Holtz

I have the WRMK Precision Press and like it. You aren't limited by paper size with it.
__________________
Vic (Victoria) in WA
My blog: http://artbyvic.wordpress.com/
It's time to turn the page.
iamvics is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TeeGeeDee and bjeans like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,872
Default

Oh good, he added it to the blog - easier to watch if you don't have FB. It wasn't there earlier.
bjeans is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert
 
HeatherHolbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: KY
Posts: 2,280
Default

I bought the Stamp Perfect, for regular stamping it works great. I tried the mirror image technique but the magnets didn't want to hold the acetate in place, it kept slipping. But I used a 50% off coupon so for $12.50 I'm pretty happy with it so far
__________________
I'm stamping editor at: http://stamping.craftgossip.com

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
HeatherHolbrook is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #8
Compulsive Stamper
 
sewcrafty28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Default

Thanks for the information, Heather. I see you're from Kentucky, so perhaps the Stamp
Perfect hasn't gotten to the West Coast yet. None of the four Michaels that are close to me have even heard of it yet.
Lynne
sewcrafty28 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #9
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Posts: 1,264
Default

Got the Stamp Perfect at Michael's with coupon - figured it would be near impossible to find once the word gets out. I don't know about other stores, but this one had it hanging above 8 sets of Hampton Art clear stamps displayed on the side of the aisle end.
GypsyRoseStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
PikkuLilla likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
Gabfest Goddess
 
NancyK.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 7,409
Default

I have the Hampton stamp perfect tool and really like it.
__________________

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
NancyK. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #11
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 75
Default

I bought it a few weekends ago and its really nice. Used a coupon so, I also, cannot complain. I have a Mini Misti and love it. I find a few issues with the Hampton Arts brand but they are minor. Also if you want to get rid of the squeak in the hinges...use pam cooking spray. Cover up the positioner with some paper towels and only spray a little on the hinges inside and out. Rub in and the squeak is gone!Tim Holtz's looks very interesting and I probably would have bought his first if he came out with it first.
rockandrollstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollstamper View Post
I bought it a few weekends ago and its really nice. Used a coupon so, I also, cannot complain. I have a Mini Misti and love it. I find a few issues with the Hampton Arts brand but they are minor. Also if you want to get rid of the squeak in the hinges...use pam cooking spray. Cover up the positioner with some paper towels and only spray a little on the hinges inside and out. Rub in and the squeak is gone!Tim Holtz's looks very interesting and I probably would have bought his first if he came out with it first.
Another good lubricant for plastic that squeaks is Pledge furniture spray. I have the original Making Memories paper trimmer which works really great, but the cutting blade slides along a bar and tends to squeak. I use the Pledge on it to stop the squeaking.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Lola G. likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess
 
sunrisea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland View Post
Check out t!m holtz's new version....i have the original misti and love it, but I'm getting t!m's which has an excellent price point and some great innovative IMO modifications. You can see it demo'd here by t!m:
I have the MISTI but I too am thinking about getting the Tonic. I like the fact that you use one side for rubber and the other for clear stamps because I wondered if that is why people have had problems with the MISTI cracking around the edges because the clear stamps are thinner so one has to push further down to connect with the paper.
sunrisea is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2017, 06:30 AM   #14
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Posts: 1,143
Send a message via AIM to bdeyes9
Default

I got the Stamp Perfect at Michaels with a coupon. I really like it! I figure for the price I can't beat it. I do have the Misti and was considering the Mini version to put in my basic tool Kit for stamping on the go. For what I paid for it I don't care if it gets beat up. The size is smaller than the Misti which took me a little getting used to. the magnets dont seem to hold the paper as well with the foam mat in place, but for a couple of dollars I can get more magnets. The lid is thinner so I get a good image without pressing as hard as I do with the Misti. I love that I can have 2 stamp positioners set up to do 2 step stamping. I have been using the Stamp Perfect more than the Misti these days...I dont worry about the Stamp Perfect like I do my Misti
__________________
Bev
Organized People are just too lazy to hunt for things!!!
bdeyes9 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #15
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,232
Default

I bought the Stamp Perfect at Michael's with a coupon too. The white grid on the base is crooked. I contacted Hampton Arts yesterday (Saturday), and I'm waiting for a response. I know I can just stick a grid paper on top of it, but it's the principle of the thing.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #16
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 509
Default

I picked up one this weekend and tried it out. It is the best stamping tool that I have ever bought for under $20.
NorCalScrappinMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
clewis111 and muscrat like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2017, 02:42 AM   #17
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
 
dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Warsaw, MO
Posts: 14,297
Default

The grids on the Stamp Perfect look confusing to me - they don't match up with anything on the sides. Do you find them helpful?
__________________
Dina K.
Dina Kowal Creative Custom Pet Portraits

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh





dini is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2017, 03:10 AM   #18
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I bought the Stamp Perfect at Michael's with a coupon too. The white grid on the base is crooked. I contacted Hampton Arts yesterday (Saturday), and I'm waiting for a response. I know I can just stick a grid paper on top of it, but it's the principle of the thing.
ETA: They're sending me a new one and letting me keep the one I have! Great customer service!!
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #19
Gallery Gazer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Windsor CO
Posts: 6,609
Default

I'm bumping up this thread, got this tool over the weekend. Quick review: I didn't ever take the plunge on a Misti because I don't do much production-style stamping and I can line stuff up pretty well by eyeballing. The Hampton Arts device was $20 at Michael's with my coupon so I thought, why not. It was very handy for lining up words and frames that need to be straight. Also handy for doing shading on a large stamp, could ink then clean then add a 2nd color and I knew 2nd stamping would line up perfectly with 1st image. The best part for me was not having to fumble around for multiple blocks and stamping the whole design at once.
I don't know that I will use it every day but it was well worth the money. If I get hooked on using it, I may have to take the plunge and get one that accommodates 12x12 paper as I scrap more than I make cards.
Mary Beth
lutheran is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok, bettyjoanes and Louisa May like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #20
Crimping Master
 
TLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,176
Default

My friend bought this stamp positioner. It is the same as the Misti, only it is a little smaller, the ruler around the base is encased in acrylic, & the grid on top is painted on. Those are the only differences we could see. She is very happy with her purchase. I saw the Tim Holtz one on-line, I like that the grid on top is encased!
__________________
Visitmy blog and my gallery
TLady is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
dini and TeeGeeDee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #21
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,128
Default Not available at my Michael's

The lady doing the video says her Michaels store is carrying it now. Has anyone used this stamp positioner?
Lynne[/QUOTE]

I went today hoping to get one. She said that they did not and had not carried it, but I could get it from another store and have it shipped to our store, but I would have to pay shipping. How dumb. Hobby Lobby is moving into their new store this weekend. I'm hoping they will have it. The store is HUGE.
BabyNurse is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #22
Pearl-ExPert
 
iamvics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rochester, WA
Posts: 2,964
Default

Blitsy posted this:
Could use other brands, too.

If you don't have a Blitsy account & want to join, I'd love for you to use my code: 302 Found
__________________
Vic (Victoria) in WA
My blog: http://artbyvic.wordpress.com/
It's time to turn the page.
iamvics is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #23
Die Cut Diva
 
tigerlily55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,192
Default

I'm glad to have some reviews on it. I recently became aware of it and love the price. I've avoided the Misti because I couldn't justify it this looks like a good option.
__________________
Martha

tigerlily55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #24
Die Cut Diva
 
tigerlily55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
On Tim's blog (with video): 2017 sneak peek ? tonic studios? | Tim Holtz

I have the WRMK Precision Press and like it. You aren't limited by paper size with it.
I looked at SSS and they have 2 versions of the TH one. One is $40.00 and one is $50. I can't tell the difference. Anybody know about this. The video doesn't mention another version.
__________________
Martha

tigerlily55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #25
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Posts: 1,143
Send a message via AIM to bdeyes9
Default

Just an FYI for those who own the Stamp Perfect. Do NOT used the Novis scratch remover (cleaner 2 I think) on the stamp perfect. It put fine scratches on my lid. Not enough to to ruin it but I think if I kept using it it would make my lid cloudy, The spray cleaner was ok for me to use. Just going to use a wet paper towel from now on.
__________________
Bev
Organized People are just too lazy to hunt for things!!!
bdeyes9 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 02:17 AM   #26
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
 
dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Warsaw, MO
Posts: 14,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
I looked at SSS and they have 2 versions of the TH one. One is $40.00 and one is $50. I can't tell the difference. Anybody know about this. The video doesn't mention another version.
I don't see a $50 one now.
__________________
Dina K.
Dina Kowal Creative Custom Pet Portraits

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh





dini is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 05:07 AM   #27
Die Cut Diva
 
tigerlily55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
I don't see a $50 one now.
Yeah there isn't. I don't think I was imagining it, but who knows? lol
__________________
Martha

tigerlily55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 08:28 AM   #28
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,758
Default Hampton arts stamp perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisea View Post
I have the MISTI but I too am thinking about getting the Tonic. I like the fact that you use one side for rubber and the other for clear stamps because I wondered if that is why people have had problems with the MISTI cracking around the edges because the clear stamps are thinner so one has to push further down to connect with the paper.
I have the WRMK Precission Press because:
I am not limited to paper size
I don't need magnets or rubber mats
I don't have to turn over my plates because it takes them both perfectly.
I like the surface which holds the paper nicely and have yet to use anything to hold it in place when stamping
I like it because it is not heavy , in fact lighter than Misti and the Tonic as stated by girls in my stamping group that have the above.

I have no input on HA but if you have purchased it and love it, then I say good for you because we all love that which suits our purpose.Just keep "stamping". Lol
canada goose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #29
Die Cut Diva
 
tigerlily55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
I have the WRMK Precission Press because:
I am not limited to paper size
I don't need magnets or rubber mats
I don't have to turn over my plates because it takes them both perfectly.
I like the surface which holds the paper nicely and have yet to use anything to hold it in place when stamping
I like it because it is not heavy , in fact lighter than Misti and the Tonic as stated by girls in my stamping group that have the above.

I have no input on HA but if you have purchased it and love it, then I say good for you because we all love that which suits our purpose.Just keep "stamping". Lol
What about if you use something like Stazon ink which is so sticky. Doesn't your paper lift? Do you have to use post it tape to hold it down?
Does the lid automatically slip into the right position for each type of stamp or do you adjust? TIA
__________________
Martha

tigerlily55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #30
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,758
Default Hampton arts stamp perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
What about if you use something like Stazon ink which is so sticky. Doesn't your paper lift? Do you have to use post it tape to hold it down?
Does the lid automatically slip into the right position for each type of stamp or do you adjust? TIA
I have not used Stazon.I have not had any lifting of paper with any inks I have used.and have never had my paper lift, possibly because of the base of this product which is not slippery but has a slight texture, so never had to use any tape. I like the fact, no magnets no tape needed.

I have read here on SC that when paper lifts on a Misti it is probably because the stamp is new, possibly never cleaned but once used a couple of times this will not happen.....so if this happens on my product I will remember this ....so far so good after Three months of use and demoing in my group.
canada goose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #31
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,959
Default

I am friend with the manager at our Michael's in Canada and they took Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect off the shelves last week. There is in fact a legal issue and Michaels have been aware of it for sometime now. Noted by Head office won't be selling this stamp tool anymore. Im glad I got mine when it first came out.

The leak is about the misti. Any large company will need to pull or sell out of the product and you can't even return it because its not in the system anymore. At least with the Michael's I got to.


However any other company who decides on creating a stamp positioner still has the opportunity to do so. They always find away. Its just business. Plus it will happen.


I highly doubt Ranger will get penalized for anything.
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
MY B/S/T STAMP SALE
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #32
Pearl-ExPert
 
iamvics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rochester, WA
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin View Post
I am friend with the manager at our Michael's in Canada and they took Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect off the shelves last week. There is in fact a legal issue and Michaels have been aware of it for sometime now. Noted by Head office won't be selling this stamp tool anymore. Im glad I got mine when it first came out.

The leak is about the misti. Any large company will need to pull or sell out of the product and you can't even return it because its not in the system anymore. At least with the Michael's I got to.


However any other company who decides on creating a stamp positioner still has the opportunity to do so. They always find away. Its just business. Plus it will happen.


I highly doubt Ranger will get penalized for anything.
Why would Ranger have anything to do with this?
__________________
Vic (Victoria) in WA
My blog: http://artbyvic.wordpress.com/
It's time to turn the page.
iamvics is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
Why would Ranger have anything to do with this?
Maybe some people do not realize that Tim Holtz works with different companies to make his products, and Ranger is just one of them.


I think I saw that the stamp positioner was made by Tonic, as are some of his branded scissors.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
bjeans likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #34
Pearl-ExPert
 
iamvics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rochester, WA
Posts: 2,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Maybe some people do not realize that Tim Holtz works with different companies to make his products, and Ranger is just one of them.


I think I saw that the stamp positioner was made by Tonic, as are some of his branded scissors.
Yes, Tonic produces tools for Tim: Product Categories Tonic Studios Archive | Tim Holtz
__________________
Vic (Victoria) in WA
My blog: http://artbyvic.wordpress.com/
It's time to turn the page.
iamvics is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #35
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
fionna51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 13,100
Default

IMHO, the Tonic Stamp Platform may be unique enough in its own right to warrant a patent of its own.

BTW I answered a question about how patents work in post 15 of this thread:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...n-t616839.html
__________________
Diane
On SCS since 2005...Fan Club since 2007
Quiltzi...High Plains Member of Punchkateerz
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
fionna51 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
dini likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #36
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,959
Default

It was mentioned elsewhere about hoping Tim Holtz wont be effected. And your right about tonic.




Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
IMHO, the Tonic Stamp Platform may be unique enough in its own right to warrant a patent of its own.

BTW I answered a question about how patents work in post 15 of this thread:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...n-t616839.html
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
MY B/S/T STAMP SALE
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2017, 08:23 AM   #37
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Rachelrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 4,918
Default

I called Tonic today and asked them outright about the fate of the Stamp Platform. The rep said that she was aware of the legal stuff that was going on regarding MISTI's patent. But that as far as they (the Tonic reps) had been told, the stamp platform would not be affected. That as far as she knew, it was still scheduled for shipment in mid-April.

"As far as she knew" = anything can happen. We will all just have to wait and see. Clearly, it's going to be all about whether there are significant enough differences between the MISTI and the Stamp Platform for the Tonic version to squeak through. I don't know anything about the ones that were pulled, but I'm guessing they were very similar to the MISTI.
__________________
I have come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies and actually using them are two separate hobbies.
RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Rachelrose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #38
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
I called Tonic today and asked them outright about the fate of the Stamp Platform. The rep said that she was aware of the legal stuff that was going on regarding MISTI's patent. But that as far as they (the Tonic reps) had been told, the stamp platform would not be affected. That as far as she knew, it was still scheduled for shipment in mid-April.

"As far as she knew" = anything can happen. We will all just have to wait and see. Clearly, it's going to be all about whether there are significant enough differences between the MISTI and the Stamp Platform for the Tonic version to squeak through. I don't know anything about the ones that were pulled, but I'm guessing they were very similar to the MISTI.
I'd be surprised if there was squeaking. ; ) The Stamp Platform has such different features, unlike the almost identical copies. One that's sold from India is the same except for ruler color - blanking on its name.

Certain types of lawsuits cast a broad net; most lawsuits don't end up in court; and we don't know if the Stamp Platform was even included.

As for as the rep saying as far as she knows, customer service reps are usually last to have news. Sounds like she was being careful. If there's a problem we'll find out. Just my take; YMMV.

Last edited by bjeans; 03-24-2017 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: ruler not rules
bjeans is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #39
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,758
Default

I would think that companies like Tonic and WRMK are carefull when it comes to putting out product "similar" to product in the marketplace. But we have all read,that you only have to make minor changes to a product to obtain a copyright, so perhaps the above two have crossed their i's and dotted their t's before introducing their version. Time will tell.
canada goose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
bjeans likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #40
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Rachelrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Florida
Posts: 4,918
Default

Well, I actually agree with bjeans - there are enough significant differences in the Tonic product that I will be surprised if it gets mired in the legal brouhaha.

But you never know. I hope it is released. I've already paid for one!
__________________
I have come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies and actually using them are two separate hobbies.
RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Rachelrose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TeeGeeDee, kazooMI and bjeans like this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off