Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #1  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Essential Copic Colours

I am considering purchasing some copics.. however, there is no way that I can afford many many of them

Supposing I could afford say - 45 of them ( over time !!!! ) what colours do you copic colour owners recommend.

I know everyone will say something to the effect that - it depends on what colours you use!

I like a broad spectrum of colours. I like several browns, I prefer cool greys to warm greys, - and then maybe 3 each in the greens, 3 in the reds, 3 in the blues ( ones that would look good in background as well as useful as a blue ) 3 purples , 3 pinks- well - you get the idea.

As for the blender pen -does that lighten colours or just blend two shades together??

What fairly neutral skin tones would you recommend?

I was in my LSS and she said they had 45 colours and said - many of the copic colours aren't essential... so - which ones do you feel are essential???

Any help is appreciated!!! what colour of blue or grey to you use to outline your images??? Thanks in advance!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Debi,

There are a lot of preferred color charts out there on peoples blogs. Some charts have been made to match SU ink colors as on Ellen Hutson's Blog. Plus Ellen also sells the markers.

I also have a chart for preferred colors of the top 36 and the top 72 that come as recommended by Copic on my blog.. I also include printable charts for you to use.

Also if you go to U-Tube there are a lot of videos on how-to with copics. And one last site that I know sells copics is Carpe Diem Store. They were on sale there a little while ago, not sure if they are now.

But basically choose any color and then to get blending capabilities choose the color that is 2 or 3 numbers up and 2 or 3 numbers down from your original choice. This way you now have endless blending options. Hope that makes sense. Feel free to Pm me if you want anymore info.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I have 90 Sketch style and feel I will never need any other colors. I bought them individually from Carpediemstore.com right now they are $3.95 best price ever! I have an excell spread sheet with the color name, color number and then I added a sample. I can not get it to attach, if you email me I can send it to you if you are interested. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #4  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks a lot for the info so far- I'll be PM ing you later, Patti, and Inspired Stamper - your blog and link to the other blog was a huge help!!! Much apprecited!!!! Thanks ever so much !!!! I just didn't even know where to start!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I use Skin White for Flesh - for browns I use Sand, Chamois, Light Walnut, Sepia - Lipstick Red - Blush - Light Pink. I use several of the greens, oranges and yellows but can't remember name off the top of my head. Only know the browns cause i just reordered some new one's last night. Do not by the CIA one's. I am rebuying them as they dry up which I have had several and am spending the money to buy the good refillable one's now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendalyn, the Ciaos are refillable, same as the Original and Sketch markers...
Reply With Quote Likes