Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Embossing-Die Cutting Machine with pressure dial

I saw a new die cutting machine that you turn a dial to adjust the pressure, eliminating the need for all the plates, shims, etc., but now can't find the info. Can anyone tell me who makes this and where to find it? Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by djscmsView Post
I saw a new die cutting machine that you turn a dial to adjust the pressure, eliminating the need for all the plates, shims, etc., but now can't find the info. Can anyone tell me who makes this and where to find it? Thanks!
This what you're looking for? Nellie Snellen The Press Boss Cutting and Embossing Die Machine NPB001 | eBay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

So, has anyone tried this machine? And can we purchase it is the US? Saw one company had suspended selling it as said wasn't cutting properly.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I believe the problems are caused by the fact that the cogs that hold the rollers are plastic.

Identical looking machine with metal rollers on this UK site:

JUS-CUTZ Universal A4 Die Cutting System

They also have a bog with more info on it.

I have no affiliation with this company but thought the machine looked interesting though it's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

Lesley

Last edited by lesleybd; 09-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Default Die Cutting Machines

Thank you both - checking out the Jus Cutz - it has metal gears, not plastic. Will let you know if I get it how it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by djscmsView Post
Thank you both - checking out the Jus Cutz - it has metal gears, not plastic. Will let you know if I get it how it works.
Before you consider this machine, have a look at this thread from a UK scrapping forum and it will let you see how this company treat their customers if anything goes wrong :shock:

They even showed a letter of complaint from a customer to some people in their shop how awful is that :shock:

Jus-Cutz A4 Die Cutting Machine - UKScrappers

Not a company I'd want to buy anything from that's for sure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyStripeView Post
Before you consider this machine, have a look at this thread from a UK scrapping forum and it will let you see how this company treat their customers if anything goes wrong :shock:
Thanks for that information, CandyStripe.

I notice though that some of the people who posted on the UK forum are very happy with their machines.

The company are also giving the metal shim and the embossing spray free to anyone who has bought the machine already. That seems like good service.

I guess the search for the perfect machine goes on. :(

Lesley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybdView Post
The company are also giving the metal shim and the embossing spray free to anyone who has bought the machine already. That seems like good service.
Lesley
As you've mentioned and given links to this machine several times I can only assume that you feel really strongly about it for whatever reason Lesley but I'm sorry to disagree with you as to what counts as good service :smile:

The company are not giving the extra items now found to be required , they are charging �5 $8.
I agree that they should be giving them as they did advertise that when you bought this machine you would have nothing else to buy
They blame awkward dies made in the US and the wrong paper as reason that customers cannot get their machines to cut.

What started out as a friendly discussion about a machine turned into a nasty argument when they asked members from their facebook page to go over to that forum. They also tried to get the thread on the forum closed down. There was also mention of being unfriended on facebook for anyone who speaks out against the machine.

I don't disagree that some people have been able to overcome the problems and get their machines to cut but the problem is that you don't see a company in its true light until something goes wrong with a tool and you need their assistance.
Good companies stand by their products and are well known for replacing faulty products and machines but unhappy customers say this company refuses to do this and instead blames the way the customers are using the machine.
And then to show a letter written by a customer who was having problems with her machine to some random people in their shop is NOT good service.

These are the reasons I wouldn't dream of buying from a company like this, they just don't treat their customers nicely. I don't want to spend my money with a company who blames customers for faults with their products and who would show my private details to complete strangers.

As I said, we'll just have to disagree on what counts as good service
Reply With Quote Likes