Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Electric Big Shot

After 10 years my Big Shot Express is dieing.

Should I get the Big Shot Express or a Vagabond?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Matboard Maniac

I don't know anything about the Big Shot Express, but I have the original Vagabond and LOVE it. I have never had a problem with it. I would replace it with the same if anything happened to it....although I am somewhat negative about Sizzix lately.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

If you want more ideas, do a search in this forum on "electronic die cutting" and on "gemini". That should bring up several threads with people sharing info on what they have, what they like and don't.
Hope this helps!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool

Are you definitely only open to one company or are you not aware that other companies make electronic die cutting machines as well. I don't have electronic but maybe others can give some suggestions if you are interested. Sorry your machine is dying, picking a new one is so hard because we use it so much & get very attached.

fyi, some of us are boycotting Sizzix which may be why you are not getting many responses to your question.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:56 AM   #5
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin stacy View Post
Are you definitely only open to one company or are you not aware that other companies make electronic die cutting machines as well. I don't have electronic but maybe others can give some suggestions if you are interested. Sorry your machine is dying, picking a new one is so hard because we use it so much & get very attached.

fyi, some of us are boycotting Sizzix which may be why you are not getting many responses to your question.
I'm aware of others but I have all the "extras" for the Big Shot. Size and weight are also a consideration for me. Doing a little more research.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketdiva View Post
I'm aware of others but I have all the "extras" for the Big Shot. Size and weight are also a consideration for me. Doing a little more research.
I was just going to post that if size a factor, comparing may help. Plus if you plan on moving it.

I have the Germini Junior on a corner of my computer desk, which is also where I die cut. So the compact size works perfectly.

A friend has the full size Gemini because she teaches classes, is a die cut diva and can load up the large plates. It doesn’t take up that much more room, though it is heavier and takes an extra couple seconds for the much longer plates to go through, not that it’s slow. Though you can also get small plates that are made for the Gem Junior and put them through sideways.

I haven’t watched these videos, but they compare the two for size and function, if you’re considering a Gemini.

- 2 minute video - shows size difference

- Prairie Paper and Ink (who I like but haven’t seen this) with a longer video comparing the two.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Do you mean electronic like the Silhouette? Or other electric ones similar to the Gemini, Big Shot Express, etc?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool

?are you asking me or the thread starter??
Old 10-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #9
Glitter Guru

Quote:
?are you asking me or the thread starter??
Oh, you, Stacy, since you had mentioned electronic machines. I thought the , the OP was only interested in electric. (I sometimes wonder if anyone has completely stepped away from electric and just gone electronic, but that’s for another thread. I got rid of my Silhouette so it’s not relevant to me. Just curious aka nosy about All Things paper crafting. So ignore me.)
Old 10-11-2019, 04:52 AM   #10
Stampin' Fool

Sorry I misspoke didn't I. I have only ever have non-electric hand crank so in my mind the other options are all the same. What can I say, my mind can be a scary mixed up place
Old 10-11-2019, 05:37 AM   #11
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Sorry I misspoke didn't I. I have only ever have non-electric hand crank so in my mind the other options are all the same. What can I say, my mind can be a scary mixed up place

Welcome to my world...