Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Question Do I need the Colluzzle?

I have been stamping for a long time and for at least four years, I have been flirting with the idea of getting a colluzzle. I don't know why they are discontinuing it. It seems to be a low tech, inexpensive solution to cutting shapes. Now SU! has come out with a circle cutter that costs twice as much, plus it "works best with the glass mat", an additional expense. Also, the circle cutter is only for ....... circles. or do you think they are planning to add other shapes?

Also, I have purchased a lot of the Nestabilities and am wondering if the circles and ovals are larger than the nestabilities.

So, should I knuckle under and buy the tool that I have thought about for so long? I have been reading the "regrets" thread ( I've had a few of them myself - haven't we all?) and I only remember one reference to the templates.

Jutta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

I have had the Coluzzle for several years and have dozens of their shapes. Love them. Was very disturbed to learn that ProvoCraft is discontinuing them. I'll need to be sure I can get some of the knife refills somewhere. When I first started using them, I had some difficulty getting the cut started, but have since overcome that.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

I have the Coluzzle and must admit that since I've gotten a Cuttlebug and Nesties/other dies, I don't use it very much. . .
Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Hardware Hotshot

I just went to the provocraft website and it doesn't say anything about it being discontinued. Jan is the only one I've heard say it was discontinued. Stampin' Up will no longer carry them, because they now have the circle scissor.
Personally, I plan to stock up on blades for my Coluzzle. I already have enough bulky tools to take to crops. The Coluzzle fits nicely in it's little envelope, and I store it with my paper. I don't mind cutting off the little 'bits.' My circles don't have to be absolutely perfect. Once my project is all together, nobody notices if my circle had 'bits' cut off. If it is the kind of thing you would notice, that would bother you, then don't buy the Coluzzle. Personally, I LOVE mine. I have the circles and ovals that come in the basic starter kit, and the ones that SU used to sell in it's companion kit, to make 1/8 inch mats.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper1996 View Post
I have the Coluzzle and must admit that since I've gotten a Cuttlebug and Nesties/other dies, I don't use it very much. . .
same here!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
Crimping Master

I use my Coluzzle circle template all the time to cut circles to go inside my scalloped nesties (I only bought the scallops).

So I guess if you have the circle Nestabilites, you don't really need the Coluzzle.

They do have a large circle that cuts up to 8" which is handy but the smaller template is only about the same size as the Nesties.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in Okc View Post
I just went to the provocraft website and it doesn't say anything about it being discontinued. Jan is the only one I've heard say it was discontinued. Stampin' Up will no longer carry them, because they now have the circle scissor.
I have to disagree with you somewhat. Don't you think they would have put it on the retiring accessories list if they simply didn't want to carry it anymore because of the circle cutter? They certainly knew they would be having the circle cutter. I've been to the ProvoCraft website and they only have a heart starter kit under Starter Kits. There aren't any others pictured. It does appear that they may, in fact, be discontinuing the starter kits. That was what SU had in the catalog, no?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Stampin' Fool

Default colluzzle circle sizes

I have all the Nestabilities circles, so I would use the Coluzzle for circles larger than about 3.5 inches.

Jutta
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
Gabfest Goddess

I bought a bunch of Coluzzles years ago and never use them. In fact, if I can find them and you want them I will give them to you! It may take me awhile to find them though!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I just purchase a Colluzzle system in Nov 2008. from SU.

And I "LOVE" it!! I really hope they don't discontinue it.

I have 3 different shape templates. and use them a lot.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
Hardware Hotshot

I've been a Coluzzle user for many years, and blades & new templates ARE getting hard to find locally. That's probably because LSS are shutting down and the "box" stores don't carry it (make more $ from Cricut).

Initially I just wanted the alphabets, and I have quite a few. I was excited to see the starter kit when I signed with SU, and was asked to demonstrate how to avoid the "notches" at an SU gathering here.

For me, if I need a circle/oval or "nested shapes" the Coluzzle is the way to go. It's see-through, lightweight, compact and reliable. I suggest you stock-up on the refill blades if you decide to get one.
SCS Fan Club Member #68691
http://gaylestamps.stampinup.net