Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Do Cuttlebug embossing folders work in AccuCut Zippemate?

Hi! I have a friend who loves the look of Cuttlebug embossed cards. I have just purchased an AccuCut Zippemate and a bunch of sizzix dies and was wondering if any one has tried using the Cuttlebug embossing folders in the Zippemate? If you have...does it work good and what platforms do I need? Thanks for your help! Elaine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Insane Embellisher

Location: Have you seen the Big Shot Doctors Bag? It's adorable!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitcher1
Hi! I have a friend who loves the look of Cuttlebug embossed cards. I have just purchased an AccuCut Zippemate and a bunch of sizzix dies and was wondering if any one has tried using the Cuttlebug embossing folders in the Zippemate? If you have...does it work good and what platforms do I need? Thanks for your help! Elaine

Elaine, I'm pleased to tell you that I have been using the cuttlebug embossing folders in my Zipemate for a while now and it works great!! Use the thick white platform that you would use for the sizzlets (not the thinner one for sizzix regulars) on the bottom, then the cuttlebug folder and then the black rubber embosiing matt on top. The only one so far that we have had a problem with is the one that has a frame on the tip half for some reason that sometimes comes out with a fold in it. HTH.
Vicky
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

I use mine in the Zip-e-mate also and I have the same problem with the frame one folding.... If anyone has a solution for this let us know, please..... I just tried the Cuttlebug die cuts and you need to use two of the thin plastic sheets on top to make it work. I tried every other way and then took it to a store and bought some extras.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTFNView Post
Elaine, I'm pleased to tell you that I have been using the cuttlebug embossing folders in my Zipemate for a while now and it works great!! Use the thick white platform that you would use for the sizzlets (not the thinner one for sizzix regulars) on the bottom, then the cuttlebug folder and then the black rubber embosiing matt on top. The only one so far that we have had a problem with is the one that has a frame on the tip half for some reason that sometimes comes out with a fold in it. HTH.
Vicky
Vicky - in order to run a cuttlebug embossing folder in my ZEM, do I need that special Sizzlets Cutting mat - the ZSZLM?? I have everything else but that - and I am not sure from your quote above whether or not you are using that special mat. I would like to try the cuttlebug folders in my ZEM, but I cannot get ZEM supplies anywhere since they discontinued the machine. Once that embossing mat gets really used, I have no idea what I am going to do........
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
SAH
Inking Addict

You can use other materials for the embossing mat. I bought a Yoga - exercise mat that is the same thickness and just cut small piece. The roll was 2 ft x 6 ft for $5. They do wear out faster than the black one, but are cheap enough.