Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2019, 01:12 AM   #41
Glitter Guru

I use an Organize More unit. They’re lightweight but sturdy. For $1.00 they include a pack of chipboard strips that you bend into a W shape and insert into each slot to prevent the inks from sliding back too far. Instructions are on their website if you prefer to make them. Really nice people, a small family business. If you get on their mailing list they have sales occasionally.

https://www.organizemore.com/

https://www.organizemore.com/collect...marter-cubby-1

Distress Ink Pad Spacer Kit - OrganizeMore

My regular Distress are mini's so are in stacking shallow containers in a drawer.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-05-2019 at 01:50 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-05-2019, 04:38 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

I use the Portaink organizers from Scrapbook.com. While mine aren't on the wall, these containers can be attached to one. They're an ugly black plastic but you can decorate them (painted mine). They sell spacer inserts for short ink pads but, I read in the reviews how one person just sliced up a paper towel/toilet paper tube and used those as spacers so I gave it a try and it works just fine and you can't see it. Here's a link:

Scrapbook Supplies - Scrapbook.com
bjeans likes this post.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:54 AM   #43
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiwesfan View Post
I use the Portaink organizers from Scrapbook.com. While mine aren't on the wall, these containers can be attached to one. They're an ugly black plastic but you can decorate them (painted mine). They sell spacer inserts for short ink pads but, I read in the reviews how one person just sliced up a paper towel/toilet paper tube and used those as spacers so I gave it a try and it works just fine and you can't see it. Here's a link:

Scrapbook Supplies - Scrapbook.com
I don’t think they’re ugly - just clean and simple! But I’d paint them too. What kind of paint did you use?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #44
Die Cut Diva

I like the Organizea More unitis I think they are really pretty. I went peeking in the area where I keep extra storage and found a good DI holder. I love it when that happens.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
bjeans likes this post.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
I don’t think they’re ugly - just clean and simple! But I’d paint them too. What kind of paint did you use?
I used some Crate & Barrel paint left over from my 1 attempt at pouring. I dry-brushed a cream color on all three, then each got a dry-brushing of the same color in different tones for an ombre effect. It was a pain in the neck to get into the slot, let me tell you.

I originally tried covering them with a faux stainless steel contact paper but that was even worse to get into the slots.

if I buy more I'll either take the easy way with spray paint or try decopauge (sp?) and just slap on the glue and stick pieces of torn paper all over it, lol.

Who am I kidding. it will definitely be spray paint.
bjeans likes this post.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiwesfan View Post
I used some Crate & Barrel paint left over from my 1 attempt at pouring. I dry-brushed a cream color on all three, then each got a dry-brushing of the same color in different tones for an ombre effect. It was a pain in the neck to get into the slot, let me tell you.

I originally tried covering them with a faux stainless steel contact paper but that was even worse to get into the slots.

if I buy more I'll either take the easy way with spray paint or try decopauge (sp?) and just slap on the glue and stick pieces of torn paper all over it, lol.

Who am I kidding. it will definitely be spray paint.
Haha! I bet it’s so neat looking! I adore ombré. When we can upload photos again would you post a picture pretty please?

Beth
fifiwesfan likes this post.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #47
Insane Embellisher

I will but I think your expectations are set a bit too high, LOL!
Old 10-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #48
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

The upload issue has been fixed for a few days now , and I think it was always possible to insert an image in a post, it was just the gallery uploads which weren't working.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #49
Glitter Guru

I wasn’t able to upload a photo in a post on this thread on 10/5. But I was able to upload to my gallery later the same day. In any case, now we get to see the famous bespoke ombré Oxide ink holder!

Last edited by bjeans; 10-07-2019 at 01:14 PM..
TLady and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:26 PM   #50
Insane Embellisher

Beth, here's the photos you're about to be disappointed with, lol. As you can see, by the time I got to the darkest color I had had enough and rushed through it. Funny enough, I think that one came out the best. I'm currently using these for me Scrapbook.com Hybrids and "specialty" inks, like Momento, Stazon, Archival, etc. In the darker one, you can see the cut up paper towel tube in some of the empty slots. I plan on labeling the cases whenever I remember and get around to it.

Last edited by fifiwesfan; 10-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: spelling!
PikkuLilla likes this post.