Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #3241
Insane Embellisher

Happy Stamper, I have those Cuttlebug flower dies and find them quite good. I like the fact that I can interchange the colors of centre of the flowers. I have also cut some out using Coca Cola can, then inked and embossed it and it looked a little like enamelling. I will try and attach a pic but I haven't done it before so don't know if it will work. I also embossed some of them with the Curls and Swirls embossing folder.
Attached Thumbnails
coke-can-flowers.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #3242
Kookie Creator

Default su dies on a cuttlebug... do they fit?

can i use any of the su dies in the cuttlebug? is there a list somewhere that can help me on this?
i love the dies su has but i dont want to buy any if they dont work with my cb
thanks
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #3243
Hardware Hotshot

yes! the Su dies work well in the bug, just use "B" plates...no "A" plate

the bigzxl work too, you can either use 2 "B" plates on bottom and 2 on top, or, i bought 2 sets of the long narrow clear plates from sizzix that go with their decorative edge dies. use one set on bottom one on top. got them for about $3.50 each set at Michales with coupons!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #3244
Hardware Hotshot

HappyStamper,

i use the SU Daisys #2 die with fabric and with felt. one layer of felt at a time, and 2 layers of fabric work the best for me, otherwise the petals dont all cut nicely.

i like to layer them, and then make a brad using my I-TOP tool, or use the SU build-a-brads, or a pretty button for their centers.

i have also put fusible web on the fab and felt before cutting so i can use them on my sewing projects. i'll sit and cut bunches of them, then put away for later, then all i have to do is get them out and iron on!!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #3245
Hardware Hotshot

JanR.....those flowers are beautiful!!!! and from a coke can??? amazing
Old 03-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #3246
Compulsive Stamper

Does anyone know how to use the Quickutz cupcake liner with the [email protected] TIA Lorrie
Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #3247
Glitter Queen

I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy myself a cuttlebug! I almost bought one a few years ago when they were on sale at Lincraft (one of our 2 Major fabric/craft stores over here) for about $70 or $80, but I didn't know much about it and I'd already spent money over the years on useless crafting items... *ahem fiskars shapeboss anyone?* Of course I'm kicking myself now because the cheapest I can find over here now is $125 on Ebay (with free shipping). So does anyone know of a cheaper price here in Australia? Or is that about standard? I'm a student, so I really need to find the best deal!

I'm slowly making my way through this thread and I'm very pleased that the Fiskars embossing plates work with the CB! I've got quite a selection and have been using them by hand... yes, by HAND! I don't so much mind it but with my arthritis acting up again, I think the CB would be a very good investment! I'm fairly new to the stamping scene and I'm keen to enter challenges and possibly try for a design team in the near future (A girl can dream!) so I want to make my cards more professional looking!

Hopefully I can purchase mine within the next week and be part of the Cuttlebug fanclub!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #3248
Watercolor Wizard

LastChael, Hi I'm in Southside Brisbane.

I bought my bug at Lincraft a couple of years back $99 special, at my stores they are dumping all the other brands of cutters and the like for their own Sullivans branded ones, but they are more expensive. I have since not seenCB's here under $130 which is what mine was marked down from.
I will say though that it does pay to look around or do a google search but if not closish to you postage can be the $ burner.
Cheers and let us know how you go
Old 03-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #3249
Hardware Hotshot

try Cropstop.com, you can add it to your cart then add where you are in AU to get an est on shipping before actually placing an order.

the machine is $59.99 US

hope you find a good deal!

Last edited by sempermom; 03-15-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #3250
Glitter Queen

Thanks Kathy, it looks like $125 is the cheapest then I'm pretty sure they were about $70 or so on sale when I saw them (in Sydney in 2008 ), so I'm definitely kicking myself! I've done a google search on as many Aussie online scrap stores as I could and the cheapest I've found it listed is $120, with $6.95 postage (most other places charge $20). So that still makes the $125 with free postage the cheapest. There are quite a few auctions on Ebay starting at .99c but by the time they finish they always go for over $100 (with $20 post). I don't mind spending the money on it, but I would hate to buy it only to find out it was much cheaper elsewhere! But I've done quite a bit of research into it.

Thanks Sempermom, I had a look and it's coming up with free postage however it does say there is a shipping excess for the CB. Most US stores I've looked at, whilst they have fantastic prices, the shipping on the CB is over $100 in most cases! With such a bulky item, I really have to buy it over here unfortunately.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #3251
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChael View Post
Thanks Kathy, it looks like $125 is the cheapest then I'm pretty sure they were about $70 or so on sale when I saw them (in Sydney in 2008 ), so I'm definitely kicking myself! I've done a google search on as many Aussie online scrap stores as I could and the cheapest I've found it listed is $120, with $6.95 postage (most other places charge $20). So that still makes the $125 with free postage the cheapest. There are quite a few auctions on Ebay starting at .99c but by the time they finish they always go for over $100 (with $20 post). I don't mind spending the money on it, but I would hate to buy it only to find out it was much cheaper elsewhere! But I've done quite a bit of research into it.

Thanks Sempermom, I had a look and it's coming up with free postage however it does say there is a shipping excess for the CB. Most US stores I've looked at, whilst they have fantastic prices, the shipping on the CB is over $100 in most cases! With such a bulky item, I really have to buy it over here unfortunately.
I have been sending Big Bites and Crop a Diles to your area through another web site and the postage is quite high but still less expensive than buying it where you live. It would probably be $50 USD or more based on the weight. If you hook up with a shopper stateside, they can get one to you and might even use a 40% off coupon for you also. If you need the info, shoot me a pm
Video Tutorials
Old 03-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #3252
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstamper View Post
I have been sending Big Bites and Crop a Diles to your area through another web site and the postage is quite high but still less expensive than buying it where you live. It would probably be $50 USD or more based on the weight. If you hook up with a shopper stateside, they can get one to you and might even use a 40% off coupon for you also. If you need the info, shoot me a pm
I had thought about that, but after a quick search on Ebay the cheapest shipping I could find was about $70. Unless I could get the machine for about $30, it's still cheaper to buy it over here. I'm going to assume that's why it's still so expensive here (I've seen them priced up to $170!), because it costs so much to ship them! It's a real bummer because our dollar is doing really well at the moment!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #3253
Polyshrink Goddess

Quick question.

I have a friend who is trying to make some announcements.
She is having trouble with embossing vellum with a cuttlebug.
It seems to be tearing.

Should she add cardstock? Do a couple of layers at the same time?

If she were to use the bigshot templates would she
have the same trouble?

I don't have a cuttlebug, so I am looking here for answers.

TIA
Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #3254
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright1 View Post
Quick question.

I have a friend who is trying to make some announcements.
She is having trouble with embossing vellum with a cuttlebug.
It seems to be tearing.

Should she add cardstock? Do a couple of layers at the same time?

TIA
Yes, I would recommend doing at least 2 layers of vellum together. I have to do this with some cardstock so that it does not tear. The bonus is that you have TWO embossed pieces instead of just one at a time. It's surprising how much of a difference it makes using 2 layers instead of just one.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #3255
Watercolor Wizard

I have noticed that when I get things/boxes from overseas (not necessarily bought stuff) they are 75% of the time opened by customs/quarantine and that can be a big hold up till they "get around" to that container also all things overseas goes to Sydney first then the state then the local it can take quite a while depending on distance from Sydney, all part of the excitement I guess. I know from Perth it takes 4 days for mail to get to Brissy
I have seen the pink CB at my LSS (photocontintental.com.au) just to compare my cheapest price, they have heaps of stuff there and I believe in my state the cheapest.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #3256
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kduff View Post
I have noticed that when I get things/boxes from overseas (not necessarily bought stuff) they are 75% of the time opened by customs/quarantine and that can be a big hold up till they "get around" to that container also all things overseas goes to Sydney first then the state then the local it can take quite a while depending on distance from Sydney, all part of the excitement I guess. I know from Perth it takes 4 days for mail to get to Brissy
I have seen the pink CB at my LSS (photocontintental.com.au) just to compare my cheapest price, they have heaps of stuff there and I believe in my state the cheapest.
Well if you believe 'Border Patrol' 100% of our mail is screened! It's possible they weren't able to see what was in there properly in the x-ray, which is they they open it up. Within the costuming community, there are lots of problems getting replica props (star wars guns, swords - that sort of thing) into the country because they're mistaken for real weapons! My last order from the US (A few stamps) took almost 2 weeks, which I believe is standard.

I looked at the pink CB as it seems to be quite plentiful over here, but the problem with it is that it doesn't come with the C plate, only the A and 2 B's, which is a bit of a rip off if you ask me, since they're usually asking more for it than the original bug!

Well I finally took the plunge and bought myself a Cuttlebug! I'm so excited and can't wait for it to get here! I found one on sale on ebay for $98.50 BIN with $20 express postage! At $118, that's the cheapest (with shipping) I've found in my 2 or 3 weeks of research, so I'm pretty happy with that. My boyfriend even said he might give me some money towards it

Now I just have to buy some stuff to go with it! I'm trying to choose between Nestabilities (are these the most cost effective dies for the CB?) or more embossing folders (I have quite a few Fiskars already). Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (ie CHEAP!) online store for these items? What is the going rate for Nesties and embossing folders?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #3257
Watercolor Wizard

I mostly use embossing folders, a few dies I would like some nestabilites dies, I'm still working on that one.
Really no C plate with pink, wow never knew that.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #3258
Kookie Creator

did it say on the box that it didnt include the c plate?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #3259
Glitter Queen

In all the advertising I've seen for it, when they list what's included in the box, there's no mention of the C plate or a spacer plate or a small die cut converter (which is what I've seen it listed as before). I'm pretty sure I've seen mention somewhere (I think it was in this thread actually!) that the newer Bugs don't include the C plate. So make sure you check the listing!

I just received an email from the seller of my Bug and it's being posted today, so I should receive it tomorrow! I can't wait! I found some embossing plates on Ebay quite cheaply (on sale at $3.30US) with really reasonable postage, so I'm buying 6 of those. I realised I actually have 14 Fiskars plates (not including 2 doubles!) so I'm trying not to double up on similar plates at the moment. My next purchase will definitely be the Nestabilities, though I'll have to wait another couple weeks to save up for them!

A possibly out of the box question: Has anyone decorated their Bug? I was originally wanting the special Blue edition bug because I loved the swirly designs (also on the pink Bug) and the extra tool kit. But then my current decor is pink and green, so I stuck with green! But it got me thinking that perhaps you could decorate the outside of your bug, so it looks pretty when on the shelf! Of course the seamstress in me wonders if there's a market for Bug covers... :P
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #3260
Watercolor Wizard

Mine is green and I've given it a big swirl and some other gold sticker swirl/flower and dot decorations on the front fold down plate but nothing to exciting.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #3261
Mad Swapper

Quote:
A possibly out of the box question: Has anyone decorated their Bug? I was originally wanting the special Blue edition bug because I loved the swirly designs (also on the pink Bug) and the extra tool kit. But then my current decor is pink and green, so I stuck with green! But it got me thinking that perhaps you could decorate the outside of your bug, so it looks pretty when on the shelf! Of course the seamstress in me wonders if there's a market for Bug covers... :P
Tim Holtz paint might stick to the plastic.
Video Tutorials
Old 03-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #3262
Insane Embellisher

LastChael, you will just love using your Cuttlebug! I really love the Nestabilities and have about 6 sets. I buy a lot from a store in the U.S.A. called "Oh My Crafts", they also sell on Ebay. I have always found them great to deal with. Nice to see another Adelaideian ( is there such a word?) here on SCS!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #3263
Crimping Master

Quote:

hi there,
here's a link to a blogger who's covered her cuttlebug. http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...bug-cover.html
Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #3264
Matboard Maniac

Default nestabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan R View Post
LastChael, you will just love using your Cuttlebug! I really love the Nestabilities and have about 6 sets. I buy a lot from a store in the U.S.A. called "Oh My Crafts", they also sell on Ebay. I have always found them great to deal with. Nice to see another Adelaideian ( is there such a word?) here on SCS!
I hope I love them too because I purchased nesties on sale at Custom Crops for $16 US a set two weeks ago. Last night I took advantage of their Tuesday sale and bought combo sets (4 sets of nesties sold together) from estuff.ca (I think their e-Bay name is Coolgear2002) on sale for $61.16 US (reg price 67-ish).

I've bought from both companies via e-Bay and via their non-e-bay websites. I've ordered from Custom Crops many times and always great service and good shipping prices to Canada. This is my second purchase from estuff and the shipping is also very reasonable to Canada. Between the two companies, I have 14 sets of nesties and a bunch of other goodies on the way (the prices were just too good to pass up and I'm getting money back from the tax man, he ,he); I can hardly wait to play with all of it!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #3265
Insane Embellisher

I have never thought of decorating my bug, but if I did I would paint it red with black spots and make a real "ladybug" out of it! LOL.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #3266
Matboard Maniac

i love my cuttlebug and i run everything through there, nestabilities, fiskars, stampin up , bigz , cb's , i just try different sandwiches out and somehow get it to work i love my cb
Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #3267
Insane Embellisher

Yes, once you have a bug, you realise the endless possibilities with it! I had some Fiskars embossing things and as soon as I got my bug gave them away as I didn't know then what I know now! LOL. They were given to a church group who have card making sessions, so I didn't really mind and of course they were not as nice as the ones available now. This forum has been great for information and I often read about a technique here and then go straight to my bug and try it!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #3268
Glitter Queen

Well it didn't come today. I'm very angry and won't go into it, but it involves a Postie too lazy to walk up the stairs to deliver my post. With luck, it will be redelivered tomorrow morning or heads will roll.

I don't know if I would paint it entirely, but I'd like to customise it a little! Maybe add some sparkles and swirls! Tweetygirl, that's the cover I saw! It's really pretty and a good idea to keep dust out!

Jan, it is wonderful to see a fellow South Aussie! There's another South Aussie on here too, OzCat! Though in my heart I'm still a Brisbanite!

I've been looking around for the best deal on Nestabilities, and it was mentioned in another thread that the most cost effective way to buy them is in the sets. I've signed up for the [email protected] VIP club where you get a 40% off voucher each month. That makes the sets around $48 I think, which is the cheapest I've seen. I'm thinking I'll buy one each month (unless I find them cheaper) with the voucher, of course I still have to decide which one first: Circles or ovals! (and petite or classic?). At the moment my only other shape cutter is my Fiskars templates, which aren't particularly big. I'm honestly not too fussed at the moment about special shapes, I really just want to be able to cut the basics - circles, ovals, squares and rectangles. I really should search other brands for these too, but I like that the nesties can be layered over one another.

I'm still making my way through this thread, but I'm noting down lots of different things I want to try! I just want my Bug to get here so I can play already!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #3269
Insane Embellisher

Yes, I agree, buying the Nesties in sets would be the way to go. Not the way I went of course! LOL. I have the classic circles, ovals and rectangles (large) and then the classic scallop in the same. I have also now got the Petite scallop in the circles and ovals, for some weird reason they don't seem to make the Petite scallop in the rectangle. These I have are all the large ones and I see now how good it would be to have the small sets as well. I use the ovals and rectangles the most and if I was starting again, I would get just the Petite scallop instead of the classic, as I find it daintier, but you live and learn. There are lots more sets on my wish list though. Yes, I know about OzCat, we have recently swapped some stamped images and today I made a Get Well card from one of the Magnolia Tilda images she sent to me, Tilda holding a bunch of roses and I thought it was very appropriate for a Get Well card for a friend who had an operation today.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #3270
Stampin' Fool

I am hoping one of you experienced Cuttlebug ladies can answer a question for me. I had been wanting to get the Big Shot, then heard the Cuttlebug will do the same things, so I bought one Monday with my Micheal's coupon- yay! I have an order in through SU! for a die and an embossing folder- I am wondering why on the Sandwich list on the other thread it says for the Big Shot embossing folders that I will need the rubber/silicone pad? Is it different than the Cuttlebug embossing folders? I did not order the rubber/silicone pads and could not find them at any store yesterday, so I am hoping I won't need to wait on a 2nd order to arrive...
Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:43 AM   #3271
Stampin' Fool

*oops- not an embossing folder from SU!, but an impressions plate. Sorry!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #3272
Matboard Maniac

Default SU Impressions plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbuddy2002 View Post
I am hoping one of you experienced Cuttlebug ladies can answer a question for me. I had been wanting to get the Big Shot, then heard the Cuttlebug will do the same things, so I bought one Monday with my Micheal's coupon- yay! I have an order in through SU! for a die and an embossing folder- I am wondering why on the Sandwich list on the other thread it says for the Big Shot embossing folders that I will need the rubber/silicone pad? Is it different than the Cuttlebug embossing folders? I did not order the rubber/silicone pads and could not find them at any store yesterday, so I am hoping I won't need to wait on a 2nd order to arrive...
Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
I don't have those particular plates, but I think they are more like the BS Texturz plates than the CB embossing folders. The CB folders are a positive and a negative image on each side of the inside of the folder and your paper is sandwiched in between. It creates a crisp image this way. The texturz plates are larger (about 5x7?) and the top side has one pattern and if you flip it over, there is a different pattern on the other side. You need a rubber pad to help press the paper into the image. It is not anywhere near as crisp as a CB folder. I have the black embossing mat, but I add a sheet of fun foam to my BS sandwich and it gives a bit deeper impression. I think the impression plates are one sided like the texturz plates and that's why you need the embossing mat. I think I read somewhere on SCS (either CB or BS FAQ thread) that a lady used a silicone baking mat from a dollar store instead. I prefer to use the recommended products so I don't void my warranty, but perhaps by using fun foam I already have )

Good luck, I hope you like the stuff you ordered. I'll be trying nesties for the first time this eve so I understand your excitement and confusion.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #3273
Matboard Maniac

Sizzix/Stampin' Up! have both Texture Plates AND Embossing Folders. You can run the embossing folders through your Bug without any additional hardware. The embossing folders open up and the paper goes between the two sides.

The sandwich for any embossing folders (Cuttlebug, Quickutz, Sizzix, etc.) is
A - B - Folder with cardstock inserted - B
If the impression is not deep enough, you can try adding a cardstock shim but try it without first.

The Texture plates are different. Like letterpress, they only press the pattern into one side of the paper and make a less distinct impression than a folder. They are heavier solid plastic plates, usually gray, that have a different raised design on each side. For Texture Plates, you do need the extra Texture Impressions Pad and Texture Silicone Pad from Sizzix/Stampin' Up!. Sometimes you can get both in a Sizzix Starter Kit along an assortment of Texture plates. Be careful - there are also Texture plate assortments that do NOT include the plate and pad - it needs to say it is a starter kit. Otherwise you'll have to buy each separately.

The sandwich for the Texture plates is
A - Texture Plate - cardstock - Texture silicone pad - Texture Impressions Pad

You can find all the info on Cuttlebug Sandwich recipes on this thread. The Sandwich Stack recipes are constantly updated so it is always good to go back to this thread as it may have been perfected. You will find it located here:

SCS Forums > Downloads > Cuttlebug "Sandwich" Stacks

I hope that makes it clear!

Personally, I prefer the embossing FOLDER look - it is a crisper look with a more raised design. There are so many folders available now from all different companies, and the folders are relatively inexpensive especially when purchased in bundle packs. You can go a long way with your new Bug without buying the extra hardware for the Texture Plates.

My 2 - hope it helps!

Last edited by lynnephelps; 03-18-2010 at 09:57 PM..
Old 03-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #3274
Stampin' Fool

Thanks ladies! I am so excited to start playing, but of course, I did not order the impressions pad or silicone pad and have not been able to find them at the store this week. This will teach me to resist impulse buys!! lol I wanted the one impressions image for some wedding invites I'm making, but if the embossing folders give that much better of a look, maybe it won't get used for much else!

Hope you had fun with your nestabilities! I saw them on sale at Hobby Lobby yesterday-
Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #3275
Glitter Queen

I finally have my Cuttlebug! I've had a quick play around with the included dies/embossing folders and I am already in love with my little green baby! I can see the endless possibilities and can't wait to have more dies and folders to play with!

I had a quick try with my fiskars plates and some fun foam, but it didn't work at all. But that's ok, I won't be giving up! I think I'll just go ahead and order those wizard embossing mats, as I'm sure I remember somewhere in the thread someone mentioned they worked the best. I have so many plates (14 and they're double sided!) that it's worth the money to make it work

I have some embossing folders in the post, hopefully they'll arrive next week! In the meantime, I'll keep browsing ebay for some good deals!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #3276
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinbuddy2002 View Post
Thanks ladies! I am so excited to start playing, but of course, I did not order the impressions pad or silicone pad and have not been able to find them at the store this week. This will teach me to resist impulse buys!! lol I wanted the one impressions image for some wedding invites I'm making, but if the embossing folders give that much better of a look, maybe it won't get used for much else!

Hope you had fun with your nestabilities! I saw them on sale at Hobby Lobby yesterday-
Don't write of the texturz plate just yet. Remember you will get a crisper impression with a spritz of water and I also roll my sandwich nearly all the way through and then reverse it so that it goes through twice and get a great impression. If you like to emboss vellum, these work great! Sometimes the vellum will tear using an embossing folder unless you place two sheets in the folder. The texturz plate is also much larger than the starndard A-2 size so if you make 5x7" cards its wonderful. I also use my texturz plates with my die cut scallop envelope and petal card die. I just ran some pink vellum through using these dies and then the texturz plate. Too Cute for baby books!
Video Tutorials
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #3277
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I finally have my Cuttlebug! I've had a quick play around with the included dies/embossing folders and I am already in love with my little green baby! I can see the endless possibilities and can't wait to have more dies and folders to play with!

I had a quick try with my fiskars plates and some fun foam, but it didn't work at all. But that's ok, I won't be giving up! I think I'll just go ahead and order those wizard embossing mats, as I'm sure I remember somewhere in the thread someone mentioned they worked the best. I have so many plates (14 and they're double sided!) that it's worth the money to make it work

I have some embossing folders in the post, hopefully they'll arrive next week! In the meantime, I'll keep browsing ebay for some good deals!
The wizard mat and the sizzix/SU look identical to me except for color and size. Either will work great unless you are look for more square inches. Then you would want the wizard mat.
I don't know how we crafted without these machines. I use mine on every project!
Video Tutorials
Old 03-20-2010, 02:44 AM   #3278
Insane Embellisher

Congrats on getting your Cuttlebug LastChael! I have bought a lot of my embossing folders and dies from an online and Ebay store called "Oh My Crafts". They often have great deals there and if you buy a few at a time it still works out way cheaper than buying here in Australia.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #3279
Polyshrink Goddess

Just wanted to add my two cents in here! I am a fairly new cuttlebug user and love it! I still need to read the directions everytime I use my nestabilities dies..but did notice that the actual instruction folder that comes with the dies works great as the "cardstock shim piece" that they recommend to shim while embossing with nestabilities! I am so happy with the results the bug gives..

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY,LIVE FOR TODAY
HOPE FOR TOMORROW"
Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 AM   #3280
Polyshrink Goddess

Oops..forgot to add that I too have ordered from Oh My Crafts and also from Joan's with my coupons..Great deals when You have a coupon!

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY,LIVE FOR TODAY
HOPE FOR TOMORROW"