Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #2921
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannep575 View Post
I apologize if this has been answered before, I've been through many pages and have done a search but didn't find anything. My problem is with the fancy tags dies. They cut just fine going through the cb but the problem becomes getting them out of the die. The small swirls stick in the die and I have ripped many trying to get them out. I very carefully use a paper piercer or an xcato knife to try getting them out of the die but I usually wrinkle them or rip them completely... I've used the static pillow thingy on the die before putting on the cs thinking that might help release the paper but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any help!!
Another thing that I use and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE is this little green thing that looks like a pen but instead of an ink cartridge it has this sticky stuff kinda like silly putty that comes out from the hole like a piece of lead in a mechanical pencil. It really helps in picking up tiny pieces. I believe it is made by Quickutz. They are in a basket right below all the QK products at my LSS. Did I say I love this item? Seems like it was only around five dollars but worth every cent.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #2922
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJill View Post
Another thing that I use and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE is this little green thing that looks like a pen but instead of an ink cartridge it has this sticky stuff kinda like silly putty that comes out from the hole like a piece of lead in a mechanical pencil. It really helps in picking up tiny pieces. I believe it is made by Quickutz. They are in a basket right below all the QK products at my LSS. Did I say I love this item? Seems like it was only around five dollars but worth every cent.
I have seen this and want one but have not seen it at Joann, Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Someone please tell me the name of this tool and if it is made by Quickuts or not. Tough to search for something you don't know the name of. Has anyone seen this tool in any of the craft stores?
Video Tutorials
Old 11-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #2923
Embossing Fanatic

Default Quicker-poker-picker-upper.....

The other end has a plastic flat surface that helps you pick up the little gems and embellishments that are on a plastic sheet.
i got mine at Archievers, it's called a "the quicker-poker-picker-upper!"
it is made by Quick Kutz. it was pretty inexpensive, hope you can find it.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #2924
Inking Addict

I have one and it is magnificent. I got mine also at Archivers very inexpensive. I suggest that you try it out in the store. Mine when I got it home (I live 2hrs away from Archivers) does not retract like it should I have to put a pen in the hole to get the gluey stuff to pick up my small objects.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #2925
Polyshrink Goddess

http://www.ucutathome.com/store/inde...tail=y&pid=948

here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I got mine here at Cutathome. It has another tool inside at the other end...I luv mine & use it alot.

My Blog
Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #2926
Rubber Obsessor

Default Flourish die not cutting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman lover View Post
Has anyone had trouble using the "flourish" quickutz in their cuttlebug? Yesterday I bought the revolution die and I can't get it to cut the cardstock I watched a You Tube tutorial and used the same sandwich, A,B,cs,die,C and it will not cut! Any ideas?
I too have had problems, which I ahve basically overcome by adding a layer of cardboard to the sandwich (I needed 2). I ahve also found that some card stock cuts better than others. So experiment. I think the finer the cutting details such as flourishes seem to need extra care. Another possibility is to put it through the machine twice - take care not to move the card/die and get a double cut shift.
Hope one of these ideas help you.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #2927
Rubber Obsessor

Default EZ Cut Dies

I have just discovered another brand of dies (& machine). The EZ Cut. The shop's manager knows nothing about them. The dies look awfully thin and I want to ensure that they would cut card if not chipboard and use them in my Cuttlebug. They wouldn't open the packet for me nor would they offer me my money back if I had opened the packet. "It is only guaranteed to work in the EZ Cut machine. They do not do demonstrations of their machine either. (I am puzzled as how they think they can sell anything if no one knows what it can do!)
I can not find a website for this machine & products. I like some of the designs and would like to purchase them if they work.
Can anyone shed any light on the EZ Cut.

Last edited by madmichelle; 11-06-2009 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add a title
Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #2928
Compulsive Stamper

madmichelle
hi. I have used the "merry" EZ Cut to cut Bazzil card and didn't have a problem. the sandwich was :A,B die cut side up, cardstock, B. I haven't cut chipboard yet but plan to try it tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Tina
Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #2929
Compulsive Stamper

Default EZ cut

madmichelle
EZ Cut is made by Sullivans. Their website is www.sullivans.net
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #2930
Rubber Obsessor

Default EZ Cut dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenndale View Post
madmichelle
EZ Cut is made by Sullivans. Their website is www.sullivans.net
Thanks for this and the sandwich required for using in a cuttlebug. Gee to discover that Sullivans aka the EZ cut is made in my own backyard. (I'm an Aussie!)
Now I wish I had bought the dies. Anyway I will buy it but at another shop that hopefully is more customer friendly.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #2931
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyrs1 View Post
http://www.ucutathome.com/store/inde...tail=y&pid=948

here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I got mine here at Cutathome. It has another tool inside at the other end...I luv mine & use it alot.
Thanks to everyone for chiming in! I'll have to get this tool soon!
Video Tutorials
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #2932
Matboard Maniac

New CB user here! Hope someone can help! I got my CB - tried running the little pastage stamp die it came with (foam up) through the CB with the A/B/Die/SU Paper/B sandwich and it will not go through at all! Even thinner paper is tough going through. Embossing is great, but i need a third hand to get the die through - one to hold the CB DOwn forcefully, one to turn the crank and the other to shove the sandwich through. So i thought there was soemthing wrong cause i'm pretty strong and still can't get it through! SO i brought it back to michaels and did an exchange, and guess what.. same exact problem! Is it me? Does the CB "loosen" over time? Do i just need to come up with my own sandwich combos that will work? So frusterating that the CB die won't work out of the box! Help!
Thanks!!!
Mary-Frances
Old 11-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #2933
RHS
Rubber Obsessor

Mine did the same thing when it was brand new. I couldn't get the postage stamp die through but took it very slowly and it finally did go through but took trust that it would work and lots of pressure and I was sure it was going to break the machine. Mine has since loosened up and works like a charm each time - it took a bit to feel comfortable with using different combinations of plates, shims, etc, though.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #2934
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie27 View Post
New CB user here! Hope someone can help! I got my CB - tried running the little pastage stamp die it came with (foam up) through the CB with the A/B/Die/SU Paper/B sandwich and it will not go through at all! Even thinner paper is tough going through. Embossing is great, but i need a third hand to get the die through - one to hold the CB DOwn forcefully, one to turn the crank and the other to shove the sandwich through. So i thought there was soemthing wrong cause i'm pretty strong and still can't get it through! SO i brought it back to michaels and did an exchange, and guess what.. same exact problem! Is it me? Does the CB "loosen" over time? Do i just need to come up with my own sandwich combos that will work? So frusterating that the CB die won't work out of the box! Help!
Thanks!!!
Mary-Frances
Make sure the die is in the middle somewhere, nor at the edge of the B plate. HTH
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #2935
Polyshrink Goddess

My LSS just got in some of the new Christmas embossing folders. The Holly Ribbons & Winter are both 7" folders instead of the regular A2 size. I hadn't realized this when I first looked at them.

Deb
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #2936
Insane Embellisher

Many apologies if I am repeating a question-I downloaded Cat's Sandwich Stack, but there is nothing in there about using a mouse for metal templates. I have quite a few-can someone give me the "sandwich" to use them! Thanx-y'all are outstanding!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #2937
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcape521 View Post
Many apologies if I am repeating a question-I downloaded Cat's Sandwich Stack, but there is nothing in there about using a mouse for metal templates. I have quite a few-can someone give me the "sandwich" to use them! Thanx-y'all are outstanding!
it's there, should be under "brass Stencils"! HTH
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #2938
Insane Embellisher

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pSaMuse View Post
it's there, should be under "brass Stencils"! HTH
Well DUH for me! I went back into the Word document and there it was, right under my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for the answer to a truly dumb question!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #2939
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up I'm enabled!

I've been cutting and embossing all day!!!!!!! EEEEK, the kitchen is a mess!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #2940
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm now a new Bug owner and loving it. My hubby ordered me a Bug from HSN that had all the extra embossing folders and some dies, and he also ordered the Holiday embossing folder set along with it. I've had no problem at all cutting with any of the dies, or embossing with any of the A2 embossing folders, but I can't seem to get the two larger 7" embossing folders with paper inside to go through the machine. I assume you use it in the same fashion as you would the A2 folders, right, or is it because the machine itself needs to loosen up a bit. I don't want to break my Bug! I love the larger folders, especially the Snowflake Flourish.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #2941
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not familiar with the 7 inch folders. What is the measurement of the other side? Are they too big to go in your bug or too fat/tall to slide through?

Whatever you do, don't force it! Maybe use some cardboard instead of the second B plate so it wouldn't be so thick.

Kudos to your hubby for treating you so nicely!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #2942
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, they are 5x7 in size because I have a pack of the AC Moore Foil paper that is 5x7 and it fits perfectly inside the folders. It seems as if it's too thick. Oh no, I didn't try to force it at all and haven't tried using cardboard or anything else in the sandwich instead of the second B plate to run it through. Will try with the cardboard to see how it works. Was just wondering if maybe it was because the machine is new and the tension is still too tight, or if maybe anyone else was having the same issue with the large size embossing folders, since I now understand they are a new size. Thank you so much for your quick responce and suggestion, I'll try it. And yes, hubby is a real sweetie. I think I'll keep him, lol.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #2943
Cardstock Collector

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered before...but....

will the SU Top Note die work with a Cuttlebug? I've asked many people and get conflicting answers.

Thank you so much!
Old 11-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #2944
Die Cut Diva

From what I can tell, it will work with the CB. I was going to order one, but it's a little too big, I think, for the size cards I usually make.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #2945
Polyshrink Goddess

I use the top note die in my CB all the time. Here's the sandwich: B plate, Top Note die, CS, then the other B plate on top & run it through the CB. I luv it!!!

My Blog

Last edited by daffyrs1; 11-15-2009 at 02:21 PM..
Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #2946
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyrs1 View Post
I use the top note die in my CB all the time. Here's the sandwich: B plate, Top Note die, CS, then the other B plate on top & run it through the CB. I luv it!!!
ITA! I love to use that Top Note die and it works great!!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #2947
Glitter Queen

Default Nestabilities and cuttlebug

Hi All!
Has anyone used the cuttlebug with the nestabilites? I'm thinking of getting some but do I have to buy the "tan" rubber mat if I already have the black rubber mat that I got with my Sizzix texture started kit?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #2948
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfootball View Post
Hi All!
Has anyone used the cuttlebug with the nestabilites? I'm thinking of getting some but do I have to buy the "tan" rubber mat if I already have the black rubber mat that I got with my Sizzix texture started kit?

Thanks
I bought my first nestabilities a few months ago and they work great with the cuttlebug. I didn't have an embossing mat but did get a cheap rubber baking mat from a dollar store, cut it into 4 pieces and use 2 pieces for the embossing. One was too thin. Have fun experimenting!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #2949
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all of the info!

Guess I'll get that Top Note die afterall!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #2950
Glitter Queen

Thanks I'll try it!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #2951
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshHen View Post
I'm now a new Bug owner and loving it. My hubby ordered me a Bug from HSN that had all the extra embossing folders and some dies, and he also ordered the Holiday embossing folder set along with it. I've had no problem at all cutting with any of the dies, or embossing with any of the A2 embossing folders, but I can't seem to get the two larger 7" embossing folders with paper inside to go through the machine. I assume you use it in the same fashion as you would the A2 folders, right, or is it because the machine itself needs to loosen up a bit. I don't want to break my Bug! I love the larger folders, especially the Snowflake Flourish.
Place the folder towards the back of the sandwich so that the leading edge of the sandwich is plates without the folder. It needs about an inch or so that it feeds through easier. Yes part of it is probably that it is still new. Mine was the same way at first.
Video Tutorials
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #2952
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSE View Post
My LSS just got in some of the new Christmas embossing folders. The Holly Ribbons & Winter are both 7" folders instead of the regular A2 size. I hadn't realized this when I first looked at them.

Deb
Yeah, I just found out I preordered the winter set, AND bought it on ebay! So, now I have a spare. It's great for me, I like to do a lot of cards made from a full sheet of cardstock! There are a bunch of 5 X 7 embossing folders showing up now, too.

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 11-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #2953
Gallery Gazer

Default Letterpress

I was about to purchase the Letterpress Starter Kit at Archiver's the other day when DH stopped me. He said he didn't understand why I couldn't use my current plates to run the Letterpress plates through. I bought an extra set of CB plates at Michael's today and am planning on giving it a go. I feel like the hinged/gridded plates that the kit provides are probably easier to use.

Just wondering if anyone else has experimented yet.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #2954
Insane Embellisher

Question ARRRGGGHHH!

-I just ruined two pieces of CS running a nestability through it and it came out crooked-how does one make sure these run through straight-HELP!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #2955
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstamper View Post
Place the folder towards the back of the sandwich so that the leading edge of the sandwich is plates without the folder. It needs about an inch or so that it feeds through easier. Yes part of it is probably that it is still new. Mine was the same way at first.
Well I tried that as well and it still wouldn't go through. The problem is that the larger embossing folder is 7" long and the plates are 9-1/2", and it still doesn't allow enough plate for it to feed through. It really seems like it's too thick to go through with the second B plate, so I'll try the other suggestion given above to try using one or more pieces of cardboard instead of the second B plate. Just haven't had the time to try it yet.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #2956
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
SUCCESS!!! I used two pieces of chipboard which were two different thickness, but not quite as thick as the second B plate would be and placed the folder at the back of the sandwich and it went through with no problems at all. The folder I used was the 5x7 multi ornament and it turned out awesome on my gold foil paper.

Thanks, biblesistersmom & laughingstamper!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #2957
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshHen View Post

Thanks, biblesistersmom & laughingstamper!
You're welcome! It sounds very pretty! Maybe you will be able to use both B plates after a bit more use. I don't have any of the large folders yet but you are making me want to go shopping!
Video Tutorials
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #2958
Gabfest Goddess

Help this swap list grow, pretty please!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=466608
Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #2959
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
You're welcome! It sounds very pretty! Maybe you will be able to use both B plates after a bit more use. I don't have any of the large folders yet but you are making me want to go shopping!
There were three of the larger folders in the 6 pack Holiday folder set that DH ordered. The ornament one, Tartan Plaid, Large Snowflake, and three of the A2 folders...Snowflake Flourish, Hanging Ornaments, and one with a pine branch, Cardinal and snowflakes. He ordered them from HSN for $19.00 + SH. Going to Michaels today with a 40% off coupon to see if I can find more I may want. The Snowflake Flourish is breathtaking, but I have to admit I love them all. Using the Tartan Plaid to make Christmas cards for all the single guy's in the family. It's perfect for that. Again, thanks for your help and hope you and your's have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #2960
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheartsong View Post
I apologize if this has already been asked and answered before...but....

will the SU Top Note die work with a Cuttlebug? I've asked many people and get conflicting answers.

Thank you so much!
Don't know if you got your answer or not, but YES the top note does work with the CB. I have it and it works great. The only ones that SU sells that won't work are the Bigz XL. Happy stamping!