Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #1281
Stampin' Fool

Default How do you use sizzex in a cuttlebug

I heard you can use sizzex die cuts in a cuttlebud machine so I am trying it and I must be doing something wrong. It just goes through with no pressure which is what normally gets the die cut cut. Can anyone help?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:27 AM   #1282
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellpa View Post
Hi,

I am still new at using my CB and have only one alphabet, the Olivia. While I love it, I would like to have another set with larger letters for bigger titles.

Can anyone tell me which of the other CB alphabets are larger (it's so hard to tell by looking at the box!). The CB Kids alphabets look bigger -- would they work? Or maybe an alphabet from a different company?

Thanks for your help!

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

If you want something big you could try Quickutz's Cookie Cutter Diesel Grand Alphabet. Approximate height of uppercase letters: 2 inch.
http://quickutz.com/qk2/viewItem.aspx?iC=CC-DIESEL-G

Cookie Cutter dies (http://quickutz.com/qk2/viewItems.aspx?cc=235) are great to use cos each letter is a die on each own. So you can arrange the letters of your words and cut out the exact word and be able to use both the cut outs and the negative. You can use Quickutz's Cookie Cutter Dies with the C plate. Scrapbookexpress has some discount on them now..
http://www.scrapbookexpress.com/qucocu.html or you could try ebay for a good deal.

Esther.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #1283
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapinnut620 View Post
I heard you can use sizzex die cuts in a cuttlebud machine so I am trying it and I must be doing something wrong. It just goes through with no pressure which is what normally gets the die cut cut. Can anyone help?
When you are using the thicker of the sizzix dies, you make the sandwich as (from bottom to top) B-paper-die-B. If you are using one of the sizzlets (flatter dies) then it is the same set up as the normal CB dies (bottom to top) A-B-face up die-paper-B.

The thickness of the A is the same as the thicker Sizzix dies.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #1284
Stampin' Fool

Default CB vs other dies

Ok now I feel dumb. I don't have a sizzex, I have quick cut dies that I am trying to use in my cuttlebug. UUUGH, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyone out there that can walk me through? There was a very nice fellow SCS who walked me through the process for sizzex to cuttlebug, but that is when I thought my dies were sizzex.

Silly me, I should have paid more attention. They are not sizzex but thin quickutz. Does that make a difference? i did the whole ABB, BAB, and any combination on my cuttlebug, without using C as I don't even know what C is all about. Please help.

Gosh I feel so silly.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #1285
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Ok now I feel dumb. I don't have a sizzex, I have quick cut dies that I am trying to use in my cuttlebug. UUUGH, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyone out there that can walk me through? There was a very nice fellow SCS who walked me through the process for sizzex to cuttlebug, but that is when I thought my dies were sizzex.

Silly me, I should have paid more attention. They are not sizzex but thin quickutz. Does that make a difference? i did the whole ABB, BAB, and any combination on my cuttlebug, without using C as I don't even know what C is all about. Please help.

Gosh I feel so silly.

No need to feel dumb. We all get like this sometimes. Here is a list from another thread that was put together for all kinds of dies and brands hope you'll find what you are looking for

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=214770

Old 02-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #1286
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Gosh I feel so silly.
Hi,

I use Quickutz dies with my cuttlebug more than any other dies! Use the A plate, then the C plate, the die, cardstock then the B plate. I prefer using the B plate on top of the cardstock and the C plate under the die so that my C plate doesn't get marks on it and it remains flat. That way I'll hopefully never need to replace it (the replacement C plate costs quite a bit more than the Bs).

You can also watch a very useful video tutorial which shows you how to use quickutz dies with the bug from Scraptime.
http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=159

Have fun!

Esther.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #1287
Stampin' Fool

Thank you both Sabrina and Esther. The sites you pointed me to are great Thanks again for your help. I knew someone would come to my rescue.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #1288
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thank you both Sabrina and Esther. The sites you pointed me to are great Thanks again for your help. I knew someone would come to my rescue.
You are very welcome. I just happen to remember where to look . It is thanks to CAT here on SCS who put this awesome resource together.

Hope you were able to figure the stack out.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #1289
Compulsive Stamper

I have a question about the Olivia Alphabet for the Cuttlebug. I love the shapes, but they are a bit small, so was wondering what is the best adhesive for sticking them to your card. My glue stick just makes a big mess.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #1290
Stazon Splitcoast

I use my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. I bought it at either Mike's or Archivers--I can't remember anymore. It's like a ball-point pen with glue in it! I use it with lots of tiny stuff, but esp with my Olivia stuff.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #1291
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Lady View Post
I have a question about the Olivia Alphabet for the Cuttlebug. I love the shapes, but they are a bit small, so was wondering what is the best adhesive for sticking them to your card. My glue stick just makes a big mess.
I use two different things with letters. If I am doing a whole title I will run the paper through my xyron first to make them stickers then I don't have to worry about glue. If I am just doing a few then I use my Martha Stewart fine line glue pen (works great for this). You can get it at any Michael's store for like 2.99. Glue stick just make a mess, and anything wider gets all over the place too! Good luck!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #1292
Compulsive Stamper

When I ran my paper through the Xyron, the slick backing prevented the paper from sticking to the Cricut mat? How do you work around that problem??
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #1293
Matboard Maniac

I just found this thread so please forgive me if this question has already been answered on this thread. I just purchased some of the cuttlekid plates and tried running them through the regular cuttlebug instead of the cuttlekids machine, but it didn't do anything with the normal plate combination. Does anyone know the formula for making this work.

Wendy
Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #1294
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichon mom View Post
When I ran my paper through the Xyron, the slick backing prevented the paper from sticking to the Cricut mat? How do you work around that problem??
I just looked up one post and realized that we both have Bichons. I don't want to change the topic of this thread, but just had to say hello and tell you how much I love my puppy!! Bichon Frise puppies are the best!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #1295
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichon mom View Post
Assuming you meant the Cuttlebug plate? I don't normally have this problem since I usually use a fair sized piece and run two dies through at a time, and I think the sandwich has something to do with it as well (I put die cut, then paper, then the B Plate). I would assume that you could use removable double sided tape if it were really a problem? You can get the Scotch type anywhere, I even use it on some of my unmounted stamps, comes right off! Anyone else have any thoughts???
Old 02-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #1296
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Lady View Post
I have been using my SU two-way glue pen. Because of the kind of etched tip it is easy to get those small areas covered. It holds like a champ too.

HTH
Old 02-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #1297
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi
i tried to use a coupon at JoAnn's and Michaels and neither would let me. They all have "Cricut" stamped on the boxes now and the coupons say in very little print "not good on Cricut machines" i ended up just ordering one from JoAnn's.com and they were on sale and no shipping. That was the best i could find. Hope this saves someone some time, as i spent a lot and gas money finding all this out. vicki in Calif.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #1298
Stampin' Fool

Default how to stick down those tiny letters

Get one of those little xyrons, the one that is shaped like an X! I just got the Olivia alphabet and I was having the same problem. I read on this board that the little Xyron would solve my problem. Boy were they ever right! It's about $7 or $8 dollars at WM - get it and you'll never have messy fingers again! Worth every penny!

Jutta
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #1299
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings View Post
II: If you find that your Bug is losing suction, try putting it on a sheet of plexiglass. It really needs a smooth surface to attach, so if your counter/table is textured, you may need to find a smoother surface.

Thanks for that note: I just brought mine home....I own a BUG! and I tried it on my table and it didnt suction, but still didn't really slide either. Anyway, this answered my WHY. I tried it on my counter and it's very secure!
My Etsy: katiesniche
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #1300
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie65 View Post
Thought I'd let you know that as of Jan. 27 A.C. Moore is going to have the Cuttlebug as well. It's also on sale that day only as an introduction.
That's where I just got mine. They have the Bug's and the folders all at 40% off!! You should see the grin on my face
My Etsy: katiesniche
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #1301
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlynch3 View Post
Hi
i tried to use a coupon at JoAnn's and Michaels and neither would let me. They all have "Cricut" stamped on the boxes now and the coupons say in very little print "not good on Cricut machines" i ended up just ordering one from JoAnn's.com and they were on sale and no shipping. That was the best i could find. Hope this saves someone some time, as i spent a lot and gas money finding all this out. vicki in Calif.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. It seems to occur when stores have new clerks. What it actually says on the Cuttlebug box is "by the makers of Cricut." The "makers" are Provocraft. So are those stores not accepting coupons on anything by Provocraft? Insist that they call a manager, and if that doesn't work, make them call the home office. Both those stores *are supposed to* accept coupons on the Cuttlebug. It's really irritating that this mistake is still being made more than a year later! At Michaels, their computer will simply not accept a coupon if it's an incorrect item. Challenge your cashier to run it through and see what happens!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #1302
Polyshrink Goddess

Default i hope others have luck doing that!

Thanks Amy, but it is too late for me. Maybe others will have better luck if they pursue it harder. i have found lately that the cashiers at Michaels and JoAnns are very unhelpful and rude. i guess that helps SU business. i appreciate your reply! vicki
Old 02-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #1303
Rubber Obsessor

I saw a huge Mickey assortment plus frame diecuts w/embossing sets at the North Austin HL. I think I'll wait till more new stuff comes in before I start collecting more. The Mickey sets were 19.99, but after 40%...
Old 02-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #1304
Compulsive Stamper

Default Getting little letters to stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutta View Post
Get one of those little xyrons, the one that is shaped like an X! I just got the Olivia alphabet and I was having the same problem. I read on this board that the little Xyron would solve my problem. Boy were they ever right! It's about $7 or $8 dollars at WM - get it and you'll never have messy fingers again! Worth every penny!

Jutta
Thanks for the info. I thought a Xyron was a laminating system. Didn't realize it could be used to glue things down. How does that work?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:20 AM   #1305
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by okimom2girlz View Post
I have been using my SU two-way glue pen. Because of the kind of etched tip it is easy to get those small areas covered. It holds like a champ too.

HTH
Thanks. I will buy some with my next order.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 AM   #1306
Pearl-ExPert

Woohooo just got a insurance refund check, I'm armed with my HL 40% off coupon and going to buy an alphabet... Olivia since you all seem to love it so.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #1307
Matboard Maniac

WHOO HOOO, have fun! I want to get Olivia also!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #1308
Pearl-ExPert

Need a recommendation for a nice pure white cardstock. I am a SU demo so I've been using the SU whisper White for cutting out alphas, etc. but it's just not quite think enough to get a nice, crisp, clean edge. All of my SU colored CS cuts beautifully (it's thinker & heavier) - I'm only having trouble with the white. Does anyone have a favorite white for using with their bug?

Thx!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #1309
Matboard Maniac

I use the Georgia Pacific brand from W's (someone here recommended it and they were right). It's 110# weight and 5 bucks for a ream...whodathunk?!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #1310
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Chelle View Post
I use the Georgia Pacific brand from W's (someone here recommended it and they were right). It's 110# weight and 5 bucks for a ream...whodathunk?!
I second that! That's the one I use and it comes out beautifully!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #1311
Embossing Fanatic

WHAT IS W'S
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #1312
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not sure either but, maybe Wal-Mart?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #1313
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrovan View Post
I'm not sure either but, maybe Wal-Mart?

Yes, W's is Wal-Mart. Thanks for asking.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #1314
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #1315
Stazon Splitcoast

PaperTrey Stamper's Select white is the best white cardstock there is.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #1316
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings View Post
PaperTrey Stamper's Select white is the best white cardstock there is.
where can you buy that paper from? Thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #1317
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, sorry, I forgot to hotlink it.

Http://www.papertreyink.com
Old 02-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #1318
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrovan View Post
Need a recommendation for a nice pure white cardstock. I am a SU demo so I've been using the SU whisper White for cutting out alphas, etc. but it's just not quite think enough to get a nice, crisp, clean edge. All of my SU colored CS cuts beautifully (it's thinker & heavier) - I'm only having trouble with the white. Does anyone have a favorite white for using with their bug?

Thx!
The ONLY white card stock that I use now is the white stuff from Papertrey Ink. It is 110 # and excellent! It makes the Georgia Pacific paper look gray when compared side by side. (I was using that prior to the PTI paper.)

http://www.papertreyink.com/paper.html

Kimberly
Old 02-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #1319
Die Cut Diva

Oops! I didn't read all of the posts and just saw that Amy already mentioned the PTI paper.

Kimberly
Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #1320
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I got my new folders today from Busy Bees Scrapbooking and I am so ready to go home and use them. I also got a couple of the new Disney ones and one of Sport Balls that have a cutting part as well as an embossing part. I was too impatient to wait until my local Mikes or Joann's got them in..................

I'm a BRAK Coordinator ~ We'd like you to join us. PM me for info or Click Here
Please join the RAK Newbie Welcome Committee Click Here

Celebrate Summer Swap ~ Due July 25th ~ w/prizes!
Whipper Snapper/Penny Black Birthday Swap ~ Due Sept. 1st ~ w/prizes