Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #881
Stampin' Fool

Default bug wait

I ordered mine on the 20th and I'm still waiting! I am so excited about it. I hope it gets here soon!

Jutta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #882
Stazon Splitcoast

You guys are such a bad influence! LOL I had never heard of a Cuttlebug before until recently on this site and decided I needed one! I bought one today in some Ebay store. It is my Christmas present to myself! Can't wait until it arrives!!
Music lover. crocheter, beginner quilter, avid reader
Old 12-01-2007, 06:50 AM   #883
Kookie Creator

Default CB ovals and nesties?

Does anyone own the cuttlebug oval die? And if you do, do you know if the nestabilities scallop oval die and the CB ovals die will coordinate? I don't have the CB ovals yet, but i just got my first nesties-scallop ovals (yay!) and need a regular oval to put oval the scalloped ones, and since there are no nesties sold in a store here in town, i'll have to order online again, and these ones took a month to get! I want to use these for my christmas cards. Help!
Old 12-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #884
Glitter Guru

To use the nestablities in the Cuttlebug what is the special pad I need to also get? Isn't there one?
Old 12-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #885
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaann View Post
To use the nestablities in the Cuttlebug what is the special pad I need to also get? Isn't there one?
Yes, there is; you need the Spellbinder's tan embossing pad. You might want to try a thin mouse pad or rubber gasket too.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #886
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Subscribing!
My DH got me a CB for an early Christmas present!
Had a 50% off Michael's coupon for it!! Woo Hoo! I'm LOVIN it!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #887
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie View Post
Subscribing!
My DH got me a CB for an early Christmas present!
Had a 50% off Michael's coupon for it!! Woo Hoo! I'm LOVIN it!
Congratulations JenMarie not only for getting your Cuttlebug but for also having an understanding husband! Have fun with it.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #888
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy501 View Post
Congratulations JenMarie not only for getting your Cuttlebug but for also having an understanding husband! Have fun with it.

Thanks! He is such a dear!!!
He has a hobby too, photography (of trains especially) so it goes both ways! We do our best to support each other!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #889
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebKNeer View Post
Yes, there is; you need the Spellbinder's tan embossing pad. You might want to try a thin mouse pad or rubber gasket too.

Hope this helps!
Would fun foam work as the embossing pad? (I'm trying to save myself a trip to Home Depot.)

Old 12-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #890
Mad Swapper

I tried various combinations of fun foam and cardstock to get the embossing and nothing was getting a really deep embossed look. I finally broke down and purchased the tan mat.

So worth it!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #891
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittergal View Post
Would fun foam work as the embossing pad? (I'm trying to save myself a trip to Home Depot.)
It might, it's a good idea; give it a try ... you won't hurt the machine.

But pick a color of fun foam that you don't like, lol, 'cuz you prolly won't be able to use it for anything else again.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #892
Cardstock Collector

hello, I live in the Uk and have bought a cuttlebug for my wife as a surprise present. I wish to buy a few dies for her and have a silly question please. The Alphabet dies sometime appear as 1 long strip, with all the letters on one piece. Do I need to purchase a long cutting piece of plastic and other long pieces or do I simply use the equipment supplied in the original box (square pieces and move them to the letters I need) or does the whole die need to be supported whilst it goes through the machine. I hope I have made sense, thanks chris
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #893
Mad Swapper

Hi Chris
If I'm reading your question right, you want to know if you need to buy any additional pieces to cut the dies or to put them through the machine. Most cuttlebugs come with the spacer block and cutting pads included and you will not need anything else. If you look on the box it should tell you that these items are included. I know that here in the states you can also buy the bug without the spacer and cutting pads. If that is the case, they should be available for sale where ever you got the cuttlebug. You do not cut the dies, your lucky wife will simply put the paper over the letters she wants the bug to "cut". Hope this answers your question! Karen
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #894
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldaber View Post
hello, I live in the Uk and have bought a cuttlebug for my wife as a surprise present. I wish to buy a few dies for her and have a silly question please. The Alphabet dies sometime appear as 1 long strip, with all the letters on one piece. Do I need to purchase a long cutting piece of plastic and other long pieces or do I simply use the equipment supplied in the original box (square pieces and move them to the letters I need) or does the whole die need to be supported whilst it goes through the machine. I hope I have made sense, thanks chris
Chris - yes and no. You can put cardstock under just the letter you want. You and your wife will get a little excited when you see the other letters cut into the "B" plate. Actually, all of the letters will cut through. This is OK. Personally - I do add extra scraps of paper to cover those letters I'm not currently working with. In any case, you're "B" plate will eventually wind up with all sorts of cuts and designs in it after you've used the bug a few times.

I hope this answers your question.

Billie Dee
Old 12-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #895
Cardstock Collector

Hi Karen
thanks for your reply, I think I havnt made myself very clear. My cuttlebug comes with spacer blocks and cutting pads as well as extra blocks for using different dies produced by different companies. However today I saw 2 different type of alphabet dies. 1 type had the alphabet all on 1 long die, the other type had several dies ech with a few letters on them. If I use the 1 long die, clearly it will overhang the block and cutting pads. Does this matter when I put it though the machine. I also noticed the shop appered to sell special long cutting pads.These pads were not for the cuttlebug but instead for the sissex machine. So my question is can I use the long alphabet dies in the cuttlebug machine. Thank you chris
Old 12-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #896
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldaber View Post
So my question is can I use the long alphabet dies in the cuttlebug machine. Thank you chris
Yes! Cuttlebug dies in cuttlebug machine. alphabets or whatever
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #897
Cardstock Collector

Hi
sorry I think I have been a bit silly as when I actually looked at the machine it made a bit more sense. The rollers would never come in contact with the cutting die as it is surrounded top and bottom buy the different blocks so if the die overhung the blocks it doesnt actually matter. Thankyou Billie Dee and Karen P for your quick replies chris
Old 12-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #898
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing again....
Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 AM   #899
Polyshrink Goddess

Just bought the Cuttlebug last night at www.creativexpress.com for $35.....machine and plates only. They also had all of the dies 50% off.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #900
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all..i will try posing my question here..my sis bought a cuttlekids for her grandaughter for Christmas..but said she can't find dies..will the cuttlebug or sizzix be able to be used in the cuttlekids machine..thanks ahead for any replies loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #901
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

no, cuttlebug and other dies can NOT be used in the cuttlekids. You have to use the cuttlekids dies in the cuttlekids machine. You can buy cuttlekids dies on ebay, and i'm sure many other websites.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #902
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz_n29 View Post
Hi all..i will try posing my question here..my sis bought a cuttlekids for her grandaughter for Christmas..but said she can't find dies..will the cuttlebug or sizzix be able to be used in the cuttlekids machine..thanks ahead for any replies loves ya
you can get cuttlekids dies at creativexpress.com which has 50% off cuttlekids dies now.. crazyscraps.com sells them too..
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #903
Pearl-ExPert

Subscribing for the wonderful ideas! Thanks!!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #904
Hardware Hotshot

The Joann's store right near my house has a small selection of CuttleKids dies, but I noticed that when I was at the larger Joann's Superstore (about a week and 1/2 ago) they did not appear to have any. When I was in my local store the other day, they were 25% off.

Good luck!

My Gallery
Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #905
Embossing Fanatic

both michaels and joanne insist that the cuttlebug is indeed a product of cricut.
they claim it is stated on box, and i cannot use either coupons for the cuttlebug purchase. have they changed the packaging?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #906
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesse View Post
both michaels and joanne insist that the cuttlebug is indeed a product of cricut.
they claim it is stated on box, and i cannot use either coupons for the cuttlebug purchase. have they changed the packaging?
No, I think you're just running into poorly trained seasonal employees. Make a stink. Make them call a manager, a district manager, whatever it takes. In fact, their computers will determine if the coupon works on an item. Dare them to run it thru, and say you'll accept whatever the cash register tells you.

Don't give up!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #907
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings View Post
No, I think you're just running into poorly trained seasonal employees. Make a stink. Make them call a manager, a district manager, whatever it takes. In fact, their computers will determine if the coupon works on an item. Dare them to run it thru, and say you'll accept whatever the cash register tells you.

Don't give up!
Right on. Just have them scan it into the computer, and they will see that it qualifies for the coupon. I am so sick of lousy customer service this season. I'm running into it all over the place! I bought my bug w/ a coupon and had no problems. Oooohhh, I have an idea. Email the company and ask them to give you a determination on it (and make sure you get the name of the person responding). Then take the printed email to the store. That should set them straight!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #908
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I just got mine two weeks ago at Michael's with a 50% off coupon. The first sales associated told me no; then I sought a second and showed her on the box that it doesn't say it's a product made by Cricut - only says it's made by the same company that makes Cricut (Provocraft) - different product! The second lady said that the computer will show if it's allowed to be discounted when it scans, and it did allow it with no problem. So...maybe have them scan it?

Joann's supposedly DOES honor the discounted coupons on the Cuttlebug, or so I was told by someone who works there. But, they're also $10 higher than Michael's in our area.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #909
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Does it say "By the Makers of Cricut"....? That's different than saying it is made BY Cricut. I still say to bring your cell phone with you and call their corporate office to ask while you are in the store. If you don't have a cell phone, ask them to call with their own phone since it is a toll free number.

Michaels
800-642-4235
Monday through Friday
8 AM to 5 PM CST

Ask the question, then say "Will you repeat that answer to this person?" and hand the phone to the manager or clerk.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #910
Die Cut Diva

I have to say that I remember how nervous I was when I went to Michaels to buy my Cuttlebug... I was all prepared for battle... No problem at ALL for me! I used a Joann's 50% off coupon. In fact, the clerk was very pleasant about the whole transaction. I basically spent the "savings" in accessories for the CB and she made a cute comment about that. I was so relieved I practically wanted to pee my pants. (Er, pardon me if that offended anyone.) Ha!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #911
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I have to say that I remember how nervous I was when I went to Michaels to buy my Cuttlebug... I was all prepared for battle... No problem at ALL for me! I used a Joann's 50% off coupon. In fact, the clerk was very pleasant about the whole transaction. I basically spent the "savings" in accessories for the CB and she made a cute comment about that. I was so relieved I practically wanted to pee my pants. (Er, pardon me if that offended anyone.) Ha!
I was the same way! LOL But just last week, one of my card class members ran into a stupid employee at Michaels who wouldn't accept the coupon. I have being confrontational, but she didn't.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #912
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I have to laugh...I was the same way! SO READY for the fight. Had ALL my answers prepared (ask for the manager...scan the coupon and see if it works...) and then I ran into wonderful customer service. Not only did the cashier smile and take the coupon NO PROBLEM but she was excited to see the savings herself. I know that working with the public is not an easy job - it's nice to run into someone who is that cheery!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #913
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got my Cuttlebug that I ordered a week ago! I am thrilled!! I have one question though. When I use die cuts, they left cut marks on the upper B plate. I followed the directions exactly. Is this normal?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #914
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
I just got my Cuttlebug that I ordered a week ago! I am thrilled!! I have one question though. When I use die cuts, they left cut marks on the upper B plate. I followed the directions exactly. Is this normal?
Yes, that is normal. I freaked when I first did the same thing. A hint though- flip your plate over each time you use it - that way it won't warp. I had to replace my first plate because I didn't do this.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #915
Polyshrink Goddess

yes it is normal, i was scared the first time too ! thought for sure i did soemthing wrong. have a spare set of plates on hand, they do break eventually unless all you do is emboss.

i found that even if one plate cracks, i can still use it....sometimes i even put it under the A plate...as long as there is one B [plate on top of the dies you are OK....the two plates (B) provide the amt of space needed, so i dont think it matters where that second plate is.....

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #916
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Karen and Pam for your replies. I feel better now! I had ordered the snowflake embossing folder too and it came out so neat! I am so happy I bought this and have been thinking of ways to use it!
Thanks again for replying!
Roxane
Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #917
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
just came home with my cuttlebug
michaels corporate office stated cuttlebug was not a cricut product. excluded from joanne and michaels coupons.
corp called store, and i received it for 40.00 with joannes expired coupon for 40.00
after that i was told , i could not use coupon on clearance die cuts.
went to cashier and paid 5.40 with 40% coupon, for 21.00 die cut reduced to 9.00.

thanks guys
Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #918
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay! You go, girl!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #919
Compulsive Stamper

Can anyone tell me what sandwich technique to use with nestabilities dies on the cuddlebug?
Teresa

Is there a 12 step program for stamping?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #920
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen22577 View Post
I also have a question on storage. I read about the film sheets from Staples; what other types of storage do you use? Mine are mostly in a big pile and I forget what I have! Any tips on organization would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jennifer,

I'm just catching up on this thread, so my answer is a little delayed. I discovered the small dies and embossing folders fit very nicely in baseball card holder sleeves. I just store them flat in a drawer and am careful to pick the sleeve up by the top as the little suckers are slippery and tend to fall out easily. Hope that helps a little.