Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default Cut n boss plates

I was just wondering if anyone knows where to buy plates for cut n boss machine by craft well?? Especially A and B plate because I love my machine but even with constant swapping and turning it seems that every machine need new plates every once in awhile

It's a great machine and the embosser plates (although a different sandwich,) fit the cut n boss and vice versa so either would do!

I cant find them anywhere in australis

Thanks for your help I would be stuffed if I did not have my machine so I try to buy before they break altogether!!

Thanks for any help I'm unsure If anyone have my machine or ebosser but hoping someone will have ideas!

Apparently craft well are not selling the plates or the machine to any where in austealia at the moment and they stuffed local online shop that I got it from in the first around so they dont sell it anymore!

But it IS definitely a great machine just want to sort it before the plates become totally unusable

Thanks for any help or ideas

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm not familiar with your machine and don't have a direct answer to your question, but on other threads regarding replacement plates, it has been suggested to take your existing plates to a business that can cut plexiglass to size for you, such as Home Depot here in the States. I understand that this is a fairly economical solution, as well.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for your suggestion! I will def give that a shot!
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I'm not familiar with your machine and don't have a direct answer to your question, but on other threads regarding replacement plates, it has been suggested to take your existing plates to a business that can cut plexiglass to size for you, such as Home Depot here in the States. I understand that this is a fairly economical solution, as well.

Just wondering if you or anyone else knows if plexiglass comes in different thicknesses? My machine has a A and a B plate the b is made of a different material than the a and its thinner

The bottom plate is a D plate however this one I dont need to replace - I will get my husband to go to bunnings - I'm assuming home depot is a hardware store? So is bunnings in Australia

Thanks for anymore help - where do I find thread about other machines and the plates ? I'm glad it's not just me - needing new plates and not being able to obtain them!

Thanks for anymore help
Old 01-04-2020, 06:28 AM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't know this machine either. I looked it up. Looks a lot like a gemini.

Can you not get the plates or they are very expensive? Could you use Gemini plates? (there are two machine sizes) if your platform is ok...maybe you could use big shot plates? those go on sale often and they come in more than one size.

Yes plexi comes in more than one thickness and I would take the plates you have to act as examples for matching. You will want it to be exact or it will mess with your sandwiches.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

I just had some new plates cut by our local hardware store. I took in an old plate and they found the correct thickness and cut it to size. (and it was a whole lot cheaper than buying the brand name plates! LOL )