Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2017, 06:17 AM   #3001
Polyshrink Goddess

My Cricut cartridges are sticky. Is there any way to fix it without damaging them?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
bdeyes9 likes this post.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #3002
Embossing Fanatic

wow - I too noticed mine seem to be a little sticky lately as well - never had this happen before. I thought maybe I had some Tomboy glue on my fingers and maybe transferred to the carts that I use most often. Can't wait to see a reply to this.

I do have another question too: My brother bought me the Cricut Anniversary Special Edition with the four carts from HSN when it came out... I seldom use it because it is so much work to get images to cut... tap this, tap that, change this... way too much work and not enough fun. Anyway, I decided to try and make some cards using the cartridge with full sized cards. I tried to follow a you tube video on making a get well with a cute flower - making the base the same size (5.50 as in the video), but when I did the flower and the wording, that same size was way too big. I had to keep cutting the flower and wording smaller and smaller - what was I doing wrong? This is why I never use it. I rely on my 'regular' expression for all my cuts... so much easier to just turn the dials on the sides than to use the touch screen on the E2. I have similiar issues with the other 3 carts that are built into the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you....
Old 08-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #3003
Embossing Fanatic

just read the reply about using the baby powder on the physical carts. I will try this tomorrow and see if it helps. Drats... I love my carts and use them all the time ~. thank you for the powder advise...... makes sense...
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #3004
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4551 View Post
wow - I too noticed mine seem to be a little sticky lately as well - never had this happen before. I thought maybe I had some Tomboy glue on my fingers and maybe transferred to the carts that I use most often. Can't wait to see a reply to this.

I do have another question too: My brother bought me the Cricut Anniversary Special Edition with the four carts from HSN when it came out... I seldom use it because it is so much work to get images to cut... tap this, tap that, change this... way too much work and not enough fun. Anyway, I decided to try and make some cards using the cartridge with full sized cards. I tried to follow a you tube video on making a get well with a cute flower - making the base the same size (5.50 as in the video), but when I did the flower and the wording, that same size was way too big. I had to keep cutting the flower and wording smaller and smaller - what was I doing wrong? This is why I never use it. I rely on my 'regular' expression for all my cuts... so much easier to just turn the dials on the sides than to use the touch screen on the E2. I have similiar issues with the other 3 carts that are built into the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you....
Hi Mac,The best thing that I can suggest is to make sure that you don't have your Cricut set to Real Dial Size. If you do, then everything you cut will be cut at that size, instead of in proportion to the rest of your project. HTH
Old 08-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #3005
Embossing Fanatic

thank you Scrayjanny... maybe I will checkout you tube again on the real dial size issue.... happy crafting !
Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #3006
Stampin' Fool

Can the Cricut German carbide premium cutting blade be used in the CRICUT EXPRESSION 2 machine?

Thank you!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #3007
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone here have the Cricut Maker? I just got one yesterday. Haven't had a chance to use it yet because we are still cleaning our yard from a Hurricane Irma's aftermath. I can't wait to use it. Just wondering if anyone here has had a go at it.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #3008
Inking Addict

Default Cricut Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Anyone here have the Cricut Maker? I just got one yesterday. Haven't had a chance to use it yet because we are still cleaning our yard from a Hurricane Irma's aftermath. I can't wait to use it. Just wondering if anyone here has had a go at it.

Though the Cricut Maker looks totally amazing, I am just not sure it is a tool I need. My Cricut Explore meets my needs.

Now I do want a Brother Scan and Cut so I won't have to buy all those matching dies...but not sure when that will be on the budget to buy.

My blog
Old 09-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #3009
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthadesigns View Post
Though the Cricut Maker looks totally amazing, I am just not sure it is a tool I need. My Cricut Explore meets my needs.

Now I do want a Brother Scan and Cut so I won't have to buy all those matching dies...but not sure when that will be on the budget to buy.
Hi Samantha,
I too would love the Scan n Cut but I want the more expensive model to use with my embroidery machine. It is quite pricey though and will have to wait and see if it is a true necessity for me.

I purchased the Cricut Maker because it can cut a variety of material without being batted. I love the idea of that as I like to alter items and I want to learn to quilt. I also love the idea that it can cut leather and wood. I am hoping there are other subscribers to this thread that have one and can share their experiences with it.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #3010
Hardware Hotshot

I just read on another message board that ProvoCraft has decided to discontinue making Cricut cartridges and is going all digital. Has anyone else read or heard about this?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #3011
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I just read on another message board that ProvoCraft has decided to discontinue making Cricut cartridges and is going all digital. Has anyone else read or heard about this?
I have also heard it too. Close To My Heart announced it in their newsletters to demos yesterday because they sell exclusive Cricut cartridges.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #3012
Matboard Maniac

any recommendations for a printer to use with my cricut
Old 12-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #3013
Insane Embellisher

Question Looking for guidance

Ok... I know I am getting on this train late but I have never used a Cricut. I have the opportunity to buy the original Cricut Personal cutter...just wondering what I could do with this one and also are the mats etc still available for this one. I don't have the funds to buy a new one so is it worth my while to get this second hand one. There are also about 10 cartridges with it. also what would be the maximum I should pay for it?

My SCS Gallery
Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #3014
Pearl-ExPert

I thought they stopped making the mats for the mini personal cricut, so I would take it into consideration. (but I could be wrong) I have made my own with those cheap plastic cutting mats from the dollar store, but I don't think they'd last as long so you'd have to make them more often. I did see that they are selling the 6 x 12 mats on ebay and amazon, so you could look at the prices and see what you think it's worth.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #3015
Stazon Splitcoast

subbing