In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 05:44 AM   #3881
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Thanks for the info. I've watched a few utube video ads for the SCAL now, and can't wait to get one. But...it will have to wait. Just went out yesterday and got my Cricut Create. Oh what fun it is to cut, in the middle of a mess. (hum to jingle bells). I do have one question, or maybe it's a request. Where can I get a larger, paper, version of the keyboard overlay? I can't read it, and when I tried to enlarge it, all the little shifted pictures went very messy. I'd appreciate any ideas.
They used to have good ones on the cricut site but some yahoos were converting the pictures to SVG files to cut for free with scal so they put crappy versions up. This lady has all of the manuals for download on her blog. She says they are 8.5"x11" for use in a binder. Please leave some love if you download Another option is to download the free trial of Design Studio. Then you can see all of the stuff each cart can cut. You can only cut with the cart that comes with your machine in trial mode. Hope this helps
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #3882
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Thanks for the info. I've watched a few utube video ads for the SCAL now, and can't wait to get one. But...it will have to wait. Just went out yesterday and got my Cricut Create. Oh what fun it is to cut, in the middle of a mess. (hum to jingle bells). I do have one question, or maybe it's a request. Where can I get a larger, paper, version of the keyboard overlay? I can't read it, and when I tried to enlarge it, all the little shifted pictures went very messy. I'd appreciate any ideas.
opps, the link I just gave you only seemd to have storybook, here is a link that had most of the handbooks, I have not downloaded from this site though: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7...4e75f6e8ebb871
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #3883
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 556
Default

Where is the url to your blog. those are great.
eboyd@shentel.net is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #3884
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 74
Default sweet treats

any one have any luck getting their defective cartridge replaced? i've called 3x and they say they'll send me a return mail label, but nothing happens. Then they say I have to have proof of purchase. I think I am getting the run-around. Anyone with a solution? thx
sunshine2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #3885
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Where is the url to your blog. those are great.
My blog is: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/
stop by anytime
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:52 AM   #3886
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
any one have any luck getting their defective cartridge replaced? i've called 3x and they say they'll send me a return mail label, but nothing happens. Then they say I have to have proof of purchase. I think I am getting the run-around. Anyone with a solution? thx
Fill out the email form on their website. Tell them what is wrong, the serial # and any other # on the cartridge box, I find the best route to contact PC is the email form on the cricut website. Tell thenm exactly what is wrong with the cart and offer to mail it back to them, ask if they will provide a postage paid lable for this. I think in most cases they will take your word for it and just ship out the cart. By giving them the serial numbers they will know that you have the cart already and possibly know that it came from a defective batch, plus they will know that you are not trying to rip them off
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #3887
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default how do I use cricut rewards?

I ordered a couple of carts the other day and they had rewards tivkets in them, what are they for and how many to I need to get anthting? I have 2 90 point tickets (I'm probably a long way off huh?)
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #3888
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
I ordered a couple of carts the other day and they had rewards tivkets in them, what are they for and how many to I need to get anthting? I have 2 90 point tickets (I'm probably a long way off huh?)
go to www.cricutrewards.com and there is a place to register and enter in the certificate points. You can get something for 200 points, but if you want a cartridge they are 400 and 800 points. YOu can just collect your points. They don't expire. Caution: the shipping is really high though!
sunshine2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #3889
Stazon Splitcoast
 
creatingisfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,001
Default

i just found out about the rewards, I wonder how many I would of had, i think I threw them away
__________________
Martha
BLOG
ZIBBET
creatingisfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #3890
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I have almost a thousand points (maybe more) and I can't find anything I want on the site. I don't want any of the carts they have. I really don't want to go around wearing cricut clothes or putting cricut stuff on my car (dh would have fit). So I just hold onto them in the hopes that they'll put something good up someday...


I keep hoping they'll have something good on there, too. With SCAL, I just haven't found a need for the other carts. I don't *like* the shirts they have. I'm NOT about to wear an apron ....

Someday ...
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #3891
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
I left you some love on your blog, the wedding favors are great but the snowman boxes you made knocked my socks off (I am so casing that idea!)
thanks for the comment....I liked those too...I cased a friend...everyone I have given one too just loves it...
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #3892
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I have almost a thousand points (maybe more) and I can't find anything I want on the site. I don't want any of the carts they have. I really don't want to go around wearing cricut clothes or putting cricut stuff on my car (dh would have fit). So I just hold onto them in the hopes that they'll put something good up someday...
I am waiting for sernade..the cart that came withthe walmrt Black Friday Ebug...or Destinations the one that Came with another stores promo machine...alot of times the promo carts show up int he rewards...I got an extra GEorge cart to sell with my Obug if I ever sell it or give it away...
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #3893
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I keep hoping they'll have something good on there, too. With SCAL, I just haven't found a need for the other carts. I don't *like* the shirts they have. I'm NOT about to wear an apron ....

Someday ...
LOL
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #3894
Matboard Maniac
 
Angelus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Cellar
Posts: 236
Default Eye sore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
opps, the link I just gave you only seemd to have storybook, here is a link that had most of the handbooks, I have not downloaded from this site though: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7...4e75f6e8ebb871
Went to the Cricut web site and checked out the cart samples. They printed out great, big and clear. Thanks for checking things out for me. Oh, by the way, I replaced the bulb in my overhead light. I didn't even notice that one of the three bulbs burned out. Too much excitement about my new Create, I guess. Now I can even read the overlay. Love this site, and now having fun reading all the Cricut chatter now that I have one. Oh happy day!
Angelus is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #3895
Hardware Hotshot
 
justtieszen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,251
Default

I love my cricut rewards program, you can can use the reward points to ship your items (this is really cool). I am sporting my new T in avatar
__________________


My New blog has launched you can now find me here, do not worry my old site will be kept live;) you can find the link to that above.

Sara's Creative Adventures
justtieszen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 AM   #3896
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 556
Default

I didn't find much on the site either so am collecting rewards points until I see something I want. Tee shirt isn't for me either.
eboyd@shentel.net is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #3897
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtieszen View Post
I love my cricut rewards program, you can can use the reward points to ship your items (this is really cool). I am sporting my new T in avatar
It looks very cute on you! I think I save my points for a bit too, do they expire?
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #3898
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,815
Default

I tried replying with quote it opened but with no submit tab anyway your points dont expire
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #3899
Kookie Creator
 
Willster007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
custom crops is having pink tuesday again, today the 8th, with great prices on cartridges, starting at 16.99, and original cricut at 49.99.
www.customcrops.com
Sorry to barge in and interrupt but I wanted to ask what you thought of Custom Crops... have heard many many mixed reviews and very uncertain of whether or not I should order from them.

I am looking at ordering a few carts and possibly the Gypsy but I am here in Canada and not sure how shipping an item like the Gypsy would be...

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
__________________
~Amanda
When I learned how to stamp, I forgot how to cook and clean.
Willster007 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #3900
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willster007 View Post
Sorry to barge in and interrupt but I wanted to ask what you thought of Custom Crops... have heard many many mixed reviews and very uncertain of whether or not I should order from them.

I am looking at ordering a few carts and possibly the Gypsy but I am here in Canada and not sure how shipping an item like the Gypsy would be...

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
They had a reputation for being slow to ship. The first time I ordered from them (2 years ago) it wqas during a buy 2 carts, get one free rebate from provocraft. I had my baby bug for a year and only had one cart so I decided to buy 2 from them for $40 each so I could do the rebate. Apparently so did a million other people LOL! They sent my recipt right away so I could get my rebate cart (it came before my ordered carts) and they sold more than they had so it was 3 months later before my carts came. They sent weekly updates and offered me to cancel my order, they they were apologetic at the inconvience. That was fine with me, I just wnated to be able to get my rebate and they were very helpful. All of my oders since then have arrives about a week after placing my order and you can't beat their prices. I ordered on the first pink tuesday sale and recived my order the following thursday, not bad considering that thanksgivig was that week. I think they keep well stocked now I'm a happy customer and am not paid (or given freebies) to say it I think the late shipping in the past were part of their growing pains, trying to figure out how much inventory to have and what not. They are an authorized dealer and I like that because I want to make sure the carts I buy are legit and not stolen and resold. They do have an ebay store and they offer lower prices too but I have not shopped it.
lindsaymay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #3901
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,446
Default

I'm also in Canada, and have ordered twice from Custom Crops. The first time (two cartridges) on their Ebay store. It took them over a week to even process the order for shipping, and 2-1/2 weeks to get here. So almost 4 weeks from the time I placed the order until I received it.
I ordered a fair bit on their site Pink Tuesday sale (the first one), because - even with their high shipping cost - their sale prices couldn't be beat. I have no idea where the product is, have not received any notice that it's been shipped, but I haven't checked either. I figure I'll give it another 2 weeks before I start to check into it as it's 'only' been 2 weeks so far.
HTH.
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #3902
Gabfest Goddess
 
robynstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playing with paper dolls & lovin' it!
Posts: 7,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willster007 View Post
Sorry to barge in and interrupt but I wanted to ask what you thought of Custom Crops... have heard many many mixed reviews and very uncertain of whether or not I should order from them.

I am looking at ordering a few carts and possibly the Gypsy but I am here in Canada and not sure how shipping an item like the Gypsy would be...

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
I love Custom Crops!! Of course, I might be biased because they are carrying my Cricut DVD. They might take a little bit longer on big sales but I think it is worth the wait. The people that work there are really GREAT people, too.
__________________
Robyn - Mother of 5
My Blog-The Pink Stamper

My Gallery
robynstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #3903
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 556
Default

I did the pink sale too but am in the US and it didnt' take long to get here. At Walmart today the Cricuit machines were practically sold out.
eboyd@shentel.net is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #3904
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,452
Default

Did PC ever update DS to include the seasonal cartridges, like "When It's Cold Outside"?
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #3905
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,122
Default

You can go here - http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

To get the font updates. I'm pretty sure that with this one, they are all up to date, but not positive.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #3906
Hardware Hotshot
 
justtieszen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,251
Default

Has anyone used the SU vinyl with your cricut? It is on sale now and I love some of the colors and the chalkboard type.
__________________


My New blog has launched you can now find me here, do not worry my old site will be kept live;) you can find the link to that above.

Sara's Creative Adventures
justtieszen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #3907
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
You can go here - http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

To get the font updates. I'm pretty sure that with this one, they are all up to date, but not positive.
Thanks; I'll give that a try.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #3908
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtieszen View Post
Has anyone used the SU vinyl with your cricut? It is on sale now and I love some of the colors and the chalkboard type.


I've used vinyl, but not SU. The vinyl I've used, though, cuts wonderful. It's tons of fun!!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #3909
Stampin' Fool
 
grandmamichelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,476
Default

So the other day I went to Michaels to buy the Wild Card cartridge since the carts were on sale again. I pulled the tag and took it up to the register. They didn't have it. Ok, so why have the tag out and not have it? I really wanted it. But I did get Opposites Attract because I like the fonts. I wanted Doodlecharms as well but I didn't see a tag for it. Shoot maybe I should have looked to see if it was in their cabinet.
__________________
It always feels like somebody's watching me. Hey, is it YOU?
grandmamichelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #3910
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
So the other day I went to Michaels to buy the Wild Card cartridge since the carts were on sale again. I pulled the tag and took it up to the register. They didn't have it. Ok, so why have the tag out and not have it? I really wanted it. But I did get Opposites Attract because I like the fonts. I wanted Doodlecharms as well but I didn't see a tag for it. Shoot maybe I should have looked to see if it was in their cabinet.
AArrgghh - frustrating! I just got the Wild Card cartridge and love it - hope you find it soon. And on sale too! Will Michaels give a rain check?
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #3911
Stazon Splitcoast
 
creatingisfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,001
Default

I got the wild cards cartridge maybe two weeks ago but online, I waited to much trying to get it at Michaels.
__________________
Martha
BLOG
ZIBBET
creatingisfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #3912
Stampin' Fool
 
grandmamichelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
AArrgghh - frustrating! I just got the Wild Card cartridge and love it - hope you find it soon. And on sale too! Will Michaels give a rain check?
Unfortunately, no on the rain checks. I'm going over after work today because I need a couple of things and I'll just check and see if they have it in. I know they get deliveries on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so maybe some more came in. Just chaps my hide when they leave the tags out and they don't have the stock.
__________________
It always feels like somebody's watching me. Hey, is it YOU?
grandmamichelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #3913
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,122
Default

I've complained and complained about that at Michael's. I HATE when they do it, but they won't stop. I don't shop there much anymore .... Hobby Lobby opened here and I ♥LOVE♥ it. My Mike's never has new stuff, anyway.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #3914
Stampin' Fool
 
grandmamichelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,476
Default

Ok here's another question. What are those color things they sell for Cricut? Drawing pencils or something? Anyone ever use these? For what?
__________________
It always feels like somebody's watching me. Hey, is it YOU?
grandmamichelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #3915
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
Ok here's another question. What are those color things they sell for Cricut? Drawing pencils or something? Anyone ever use these? For what?


Pens/markers. They are awesome to use to outline something you cut. They're also good if you need an image drawn rather than cut.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #3916
Stampin' Fool
 
grandmamichelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,476
Default

So if you cut something, then you put the marker in and have it outline it?
__________________
It always feels like somebody's watching me. Hey, is it YOU?
grandmamichelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #3917
Kookie Creator
 
Willster007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
They had a reputation for being slow to ship. The first time I ordered from them (2 years ago) it wqas during a buy 2 carts, get one free rebate from provocraft. I had my baby bug for a year and only had one cart so I decided to buy 2 from them for $40 each so I could do the rebate. Apparently so did a million other people LOL! They sent my recipt right away so I could get my rebate cart (it came before my ordered carts) and they sold more than they had so it was 3 months later before my carts came. They sent weekly updates and offered me to cancel my order, they they were apologetic at the inconvience. That was fine with me, I just wnated to be able to get my rebate and they were very helpful. All of my oders since then have arrives about a week after placing my order and you can't beat their prices. I ordered on the first pink tuesday sale and recived my order the following thursday, not bad considering that thanksgivig was that week. I think they keep well stocked now I'm a happy customer and am not paid (or given freebies) to say it I think the late shipping in the past were part of their growing pains, trying to figure out how much inventory to have and what not. They are an authorized dealer and I like that because I want to make sure the carts I buy are legit and not stolen and resold. They do have an ebay store and they offer lower prices too but I have not shopped it.
Thank you so much for the information. I placed a small order to "test the waters" so to speak... so we shall see.

And I did get a Gypsy on ebay and soooo excited!
__________________
~Amanda
When I learned how to stamp, I forgot how to cook and clean.
Willster007 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #3918
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Congrats on the Gypsy! Lovin' mine Still learning my way around it, but no complaints thus far! You will love it!


~~~~~~My husband said it was him or scrapbooking~~~~~~So, I took some pictures of him packing & made a really cute layout~~~~~~
momofmaksx2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #3919
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 74
Default ? about gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmaksx2 View Post
Congrats on the Gypsy! Lovin' mine Still learning my way around it, but no complaints thus far! You will love it!


~~~~~~My husband said it was him or scrapbooking~~~~~~So, I took some pictures of him packing & made a really cute layout~~~~~~
love your quote about your hubby! That's hilarious. I finally got me a scrap/craft room when my eldest son went to college. He is thinking of moving back in after graduation in May. I told him the garage would work for him! I refuse to give up my room!

Anyway, question about the gypsy. What is the difference between that and Cricut Design Studio. Is the Gypsy similar to SCAL?
sunshine2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #3920
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
love your quote about your hubby! That's hilarious. I finally got me a scrap/craft room when my eldest son went to college. He is thinking of moving back in after graduation in May. I told him the garage would work for him! I refuse to give up my room!

Anyway, question about the gypsy. What is the difference between that and Cricut Design Studio. Is the Gypsy similar to SCAL?
THANK YOU for asking that ... I wonder the same thing???
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off