In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #2241
Crimping Master
 
3girls1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
How about going back to Walmart with your cricut - explain the situation to them then ask if you could return the cricut and then repurchase it right there on the spot. they may do that.

I haven't read anywhere of any confirmation of the SASE working - but if someone wants to know for sure just call cricut.
I did try this. They couldn't since it was a black friday sale and that price is no longer valid. oy.
3girls1guy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #2242
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1guy View Post
I did try this. They couldn't since it was a black friday sale and that price is no longer valid. oy.
If you paid with a credit card, I would call your credit card company. They should have a receipt on file.
__________________
~Laurie
Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #2243
Inking Addict
 
stampergumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ogden, utah
Posts: 92
Default Bug gone batty! - Help!

Ok, I need help. My expression seems to have caught a bug! (LOL) When I try to cut anything, I load the paper and when I hit cut, it moves in about 3 inches and starts cutting. I tried cutting some vinyl the other day and realized it would cut over something I had just cut, so I hit "stop" on the machine before it cut anything. Since then, my bug is sick! (I don't have DS, so it's the machine itself.)

I tried the reset technique from Robynstamps (turn off, turn each dial down, then up 5 times, turn back on) but this doesn't do anything. Any other ideas?
stampergumby is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #2244
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampergumby View Post
Ok, I need help. My expression seems to have caught a bug! (LOL) When I try to cut anything, I load the paper and when I hit cut, it moves in about 3 inches and starts cutting. I tried cutting some vinyl the other day and realized it would cut over something I had just cut, so I hit "stop" on the machine before it cut anything. Since then, my bug is sick! (I don't have DS, so it's the machine itself.)

I tried the reset technique from Robynstamps (turn off, turn each dial down, then up 5 times, turn back on) but this doesn't do anything. Any other ideas?

I've found that when I hit STOP it just hangs but if I power it down and on again it seems to fix itself. I dont' know of any tricks but I'd just call cricut - I'm sure they can help.
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #2245
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Deb Za's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 648
Default

Hi all! Remember me? I didn't fall into a Cricut-hole--but my, that would have been so nice! Just busy busy busy with a new puppy (to replace my beloved terrier that got hit on the road 6 weeks ago). It's like having a new baby in the house!!!!!!

Anyhow--thought I'd check in and let you know that I made the glass block "NOEL" that some have been talking about, using my Cricut and vinyl to make the stencils, and then using Armour Etch. It worked great! There are a few things I'd do differently--like using a brush instead of a sponge to apply the etching cream--but about the only thing different was that the blocks seemed to need more time to etch. The first (and I hadn't removed the stencils, just in case) didn't do well and there were areas that weren't etched. That was waiting 1 minute. So I coated them again, and waited 5 minutes or more, and they were much much better. I wonder if these blocks have a 'tempering' to them that makes them harder to etch?

I highly recommend this project though! I bought sets of 35 mini-light strings, and stuffed a whole string up inside the block. If I can get a good picture, I'll post it.

Also--discovered today that I have EXACTLY enough Christmas cards made to cover all the people on my list!!!!!!! Anyone else will get a leftover card from Christmases past. YAY!
__________________
Yes, I am aware that I have glitter on my face!
My Gallery
My Blog
Deb Za is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #2246
Matboard Maniac
 
ILuvCherries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 319
Default

I have been on a crafting break since I found out I was pregnant...but today! I got going again! about 10 cards for an all occasion gift box for a Christmas present this year!
I missed my cricut!
ILuvCherries is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #2247
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Za View Post
Hi all! Remember me? I didn't fall into a Cricut-hole--but my, that would have been so nice! Just busy busy busy with a new puppy (to replace my beloved terrier that got hit on the road 6 weeks ago). It's like having a new baby in the house!!!!!!

Anyhow--thought I'd check in and let you know that I made the glass block "NOEL" that some have been talking about, using my Cricut and vinyl to make the stencils, and then using Armour Etch. It worked great! There are a few things I'd do differently--like using a brush instead of a sponge to apply the etching cream--but about the only thing different was that the blocks seemed to need more time to etch. The first (and I hadn't removed the stencils, just in case) didn't do well and there were areas that weren't etched. That was waiting 1 minute. So I coated them again, and waited 5 minutes or more, and they were much much better. I wonder if these blocks have a 'tempering' to them that makes them harder to etch?

I highly recommend this project though! I bought sets of 35 mini-light strings, and stuffed a whole string up inside the block. If I can get a good picture, I'll post it.

Also--discovered today that I have EXACTLY enough Christmas cards made to cover all the people on my list!!!!!!! Anyone else will get a leftover card from Christmases past. YAY!


I'm so sorry about your furbaby, Deb. Enjoy your new family member!

Cool on the glass blocks. I haven't found any yet, and that's probably good. I'm going to keep with the ornaments instead. I enjoy making those.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #2248
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCherries View Post
I have been on a crafting break since I found out I was pregnant...but today! I got going again! about 10 cards for an all occasion gift box for a Christmas present this year!
I missed my cricut!

When is your baby due, Leah?? That's so exciting for you.

Great job on your cards and crafting!!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #2249
Rubber Obsessor
 
Sansuesha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 179
Default DS question

I purchased DS a couple of weeks ago and installed it then. I bought it specifically so that I could write phrases small enough to put on a greeting card; for example, I want "Happy Birthday" to take up only about 3 inches of total width. "Happy" would be above "Birthday" so that I'd have 2 lines of text.

So, I used Jasmine font and welded all 13 letters together. But I cannot figure out how to make the welded phrase be just one image so that I can move it, as a whole, around on the page. It's probably as obvious as the nose on my face, but I haven't figured it out. (BTW, I did not yet update to the new DS version.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
__________________
Sandy
Sansuesha is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #2250
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansuesha View Post
I purchased DS a couple of weeks ago and installed it then. I bought it specifically so that I could write phrases small enough to put on a greeting card; for example, I want "Happy Birthday" to take up only about 3 inches of total width. "Happy" would be above "Birthday" so that I'd have 2 lines of text.

So, I used Jasmine font and welded all 13 letters together. But I cannot figure out how to make the welded phrase be just one image so that I can move it, as a whole, around on the page. It's probably as obvious as the nose on my face, but I haven't figured it out. (BTW, I did not yet update to the new DS version.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Usually you can not do that - i mean make it one image and move it around but there is a way if all the letters/images are created in sequence... I mean you type them in all at the same time as a string not as individual letters. All you have to do is use the 4 arrows on the right top section of DS to move them to where you want them - so I'd move APPand Y closer to H and then as type B move it DOWN and to the left until you get it under HAPPY where you want it - you'll have to do the same for IRTHDAY - as you type each letter use the DOWN arrow and the LEFT arrow to move them under HAPPY and next to the B.

Clear as mud?

This way they are also ONE entity so you can resize them all at once.
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 AM   #2251
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I don't think you can do that with DS. You can make it one image to be cut but you have to move each element separately. Unless they did some kind of update.
Hi Gale,
the new DS lets you do it - sort of. Only if you create the letters as a string rather then individual letters. It works for images too. It's a great improvement but still could be better as the method you have to follow to make it work is a little painful.
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #2252
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
Usually you can not do that - i mean make it one image and move it around but there is a way if all the letters/images are created in sequence... I mean you type them in all at the same time as a string not as individual letters. All you have to do is use the 4 arrows on the right top section of DS to move them to where you want them - so I'd move APPand Y closer to H and then as type B move it DOWN and to the left until you get it under HAPPY where you want it - you'll have to do the same for IRTHDAY - as you type each letter use the DOWN arrow and the LEFT arrow to move them under HAPPY and next to the B.

Clear as mud?

This way they are also ONE entity so you can resize them all at once.
I found out that DH got me a video camera for Christmas (long story but I wasn't supposed to know) so after Christmas (when I'm allowed to open it up) maybe I can make a video to show how to do this!
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #2253
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 750
Default CDS and both machines

Hi!
I got the shipping notice that my Christmas present has shipped, an "E". I'm so excited. I won't get to do more than make sure it works before it gets put under the tree until Christmas. DH loves to make us wait for our gifts, especially when he knows we know what it is. Ugh!!!, LOL!!!

Anyway, once I update the CDS for the "E", can you run both machines on the software? Not at one time of course, but can I choose which machine?

Thanks
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #2254
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 999
Default Envelope freebie on my blog!

Hi gals,
I have a free envelope template on my blog for cricut Design studio users, I used "George" to make this envelope so you can cut if even if you just have the free trial version of DS. Here is a preview:
Attached Thumbnails
stationary-teaset2.jpg  
lindsaymay is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #2255
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
Hi gals,
I have a free envelope template on my blog for cricut Design studio users, I used "George" to make this envelope so you can cut if even if you just have the free trial version of DS. Here is a preview:
Thanks!

I'm just getting a bit excited now... I have sent off for my 2 cartridges and I have an order coming with DS in it!
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #2256
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
Hi Gale,
the new DS lets you do it - sort of. Only if you create the letters as a string rather then individual letters. It works for images too. It's a great improvement but still could be better as the method you have to follow to make it work is a little painful.

A little?! You are much nicer with those terms than I am!!!!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #2257
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
Hi gals,
I have a free envelope template on my blog for cricut Design studio users, I used "George" to make this envelope so you can cut if even if you just have the free trial version of DS. Here is a preview:

Nice job, Lindsay!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us. Off to download ....
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #2258
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I got the shipping notice that my Christmas present has shipped, an "E". I'm so excited. I won't get to do more than make sure it works before it gets put under the tree until Christmas. DH loves to make us wait for our gifts, especially when he knows we know what it is. Ugh!!!, LOL!!!

Anyway, once I update the CDS for the "E", can you run both machines on the software? Not at one time of course, but can I choose which machine?

Thanks


Absolutely. Just don't have both machines plugged into your computer at the same time - it confuses the CDS.

Also, just for an FYI, I usually get out of the software and turn off the little bug before I switch to the ebug and vice versa. I just want to avoid problems when I switch.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #2259
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 750
Default

Hi!
Thanks Shell, that makes sense. I'll restart with each machine.

Thanks
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #2260
Compulsive Stamper
 
LPCrafting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Rolling Hills of the Blue Ridge in Virginia
Posts: 26
Default

Hi. I keep reading about the new great DS update. I have opened my DS several times and clicked on Help and Check for Updates. It takes me to the Cricut site where I have the option for Feb, Mar and Aug updates... but not Dec. Is there somewhere else I can go to get the Dec upgrade?
__________________
Laura
http://starbreezedesigns.blogspot.com
Create something that makes you happy every day!
LPCrafting is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #2261
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPCrafting View Post
Hi. I keep reading about the new great DS update. I have opened my DS several times and clicked on Help and Check for Updates. It takes me to the Cricut site where I have the option for Feb, Mar and Aug updates... but not Dec. Is there somewhere else I can go to get the Dec upgrade?

It's not marked on the page, but the August update IS the December update. I'm not sure why someone can't just go in there and fix that, but they haven't done it yet. So ... just get the August update ... again.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #2262
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 241
DS Update??

I was reading in the Cricut Newsletter about the new update (Dec) which I have already done all the steps- and it looks like I do have the new update-has new Carts and features-ie can delete some areas... but then was just reading the Cricut Newletter-and I missed step 2 --- do I really need to do it all over again! darn!arrggg!!

from the Newsletter:

For best results when installing the new version please do the following:

Step 1: Please remove or uninstall the old version of CDS, typically through your control panel.

Step 2: Before installing the new version, it is necessary to delete your current "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" file. This file is located in your "Cricut Folder" which is in your "Documents Folder". Just double click on your Cricut Folder and you will see Projects and User Data. At this point double click on the User Data, then right click on the "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" folder, and delete.

Step 3: Go to Cricut.com, click on the Big Banner (Cricut DesignStudio find out more) then on the left hand side of the next page click where it says (Download DesignStudio Updates) this takes you to a third page where you will see the Download button. Click and install the new version.

Step 4: Make sure after you have installed the New Version that you update your firmware - these instructions can be found under the help tab in Cricut DesignStudio.
sherry107 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #2263
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry107 View Post
I was reading in the Cricut Newsletter about the new update (Dec) which I have already done all the steps- and it looks like I do have the new update-has new Carts and features-ie can delete some areas... but then was just reading the Cricut Newletter-and I missed step 2 --- do I really need to do it all over again! darn!arrggg!!

from the Newsletter:

For best results when installing the new version please do the following:

Step 1: Please remove or uninstall the old version of CDS, typically through your control panel.

Step 2: Before installing the new version, it is necessary to delete your current "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" file. This file is located in your "Cricut Folder" which is in your "Documents Folder". Just double click on your Cricut Folder and you will see Projects and User Data. At this point double click on the User Data, then right click on the "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" folder, and delete.

Step 3: Go to Cricut.com, click on the Big Banner (Cricut DesignStudio find out more) then on the left hand side of the next page click where it says (Download DesignStudio Updates) this takes you to a third page where you will see the Download button. Click and install the new version.

Step 4: Make sure after you have installed the New Version that you update your firmware - these instructions can be found under the help tab in Cricut DesignStudio.


Hmmmmm .... I did NOT delete that folder. Perhaps, I should have, but I didn't. I simply uninstalled the program and downloaded the new version.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #2264
Insane Embellisher
 
cloetzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a craft room in Canada
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry107 View Post
I was reading in the Cricut Newsletter about the new update (Dec) which I have already done all the steps- and it looks like I do have the new update-has new Carts and features-ie can delete some areas... but then was just reading the Cricut Newletter-and I missed step 2 --- do I really need to do it all over again! darn!arrggg!!

....

Step 2: Before installing the new version, it is necessary to delete your current "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" file. This file is located in your "Cricut Folder" which is in your "Documents Folder". Just double click on your Cricut Folder and you will see Projects and User Data. At this point double click on the User Data, then right click on the "CricutFontsMetadata.xml" folder, and delete.

...

I didn't do Step 2 either and it seems to work fine for me. Not sure why that step is necessary???
__________________
email: [email protected]
blog: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/
cloetzu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #2265
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Deb Za's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 648
Default

Same thing here--it's working fine without deleting that file.
__________________
Yes, I am aware that I have glitter on my face!
My Gallery
My Blog
Deb Za is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #2266
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ramsey, MN
Posts: 802
Default

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean your mat so that it gets tacky again? I mean I'm not expecting miracles, but I've been using my cricut quite a bit lately and I just don't have the money to go buy new mats.
__________________
Becky
Jack of all crafts, master of none.

Stickles Swap
nedabelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #2267
Compulsive Stamper
 
clairescreation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Remote Europe
Posts: 41
Wink old Cricut mats

I found one blog and the lady still uses her old and less tacky mats. She uses the blue painter's tape to hold her paper. I think its a great way to maximize its purpose and not spend money all the time buying new mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedabelle View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean your mat so that it gets tacky again? I mean I'm not expecting miracles, but I've been using my cricut quite a bit lately and I just don't have the money to go buy new mats.
__________________

Claire
clairescreation is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #2268
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedabelle View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean your mat so that it gets tacky again? I mean I'm not expecting miracles, but I've been using my cricut quite a bit lately and I just don't have the money to go buy new mats.

I clean off my mat with a lint roller. It picks up some of the paper left on the mat. I think it was on YouTube, under Cricut, someone applied some kind of adhesive on her mat. Recently, Custom Crops had the mats discounted.
lmast1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #2269
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,653
Default

I tape the edges with masking tape and then spray the mat with repositionable spray adhesive. Then I remove the tape. I can usually do this 2 or 3 times before the mat has really had it.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #2270
Insane Embellisher
 
lindsaymay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedabelle View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean your mat so that it gets tacky again? I mean I'm not expecting miracles, but I've been using my cricut quite a bit lately and I just don't have the money to go buy new mats.
Wash it with dish soap and let it dry, good as new! Or you can use the ZIG 2-way adhesive pen and dab it all around the mat, let dry (5 minutes) and you are back in business! In case of emergency tape the paper to the mat and you are good to go!
lindsaymay is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #2271
Stazon Splitcoast
 
mnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,484
Default

I wash mine with soap (thanks to someone on the board for suggesting to me) and then I spray it with a fabric adhesive. It comes in an aerosol can for about $19.99 but is photo safe and super tacky. It last a long time and saves having to purchase new mats. To me it's more affordable than buying new mats because the adhesive goes a long way and I use my Cricut a lot.
__________________
Disney Swap, July Page Kit Swap

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
mnewby is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #2272
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,417
Default I'm getting a Cricut!!

Not sure if I should have posted a new thread or ask here, this thread is tooo long for me to read through everything to get my answers (I read a lot and still couldn't find my answers).

I am getting a Cricut for Christmas!! Can you tell me:

#1 What's the lowest price you've seen for the Expression?
#2 What are the must have cartridges? There are too many to choose from!


Thanks in advance! Sorry if the answers are already listed here somewhere but there are over 3 posts on Cricut and I can't possibly read all of them by the end of the day. (Trying to get it to arrive before Christmas!)
stampermomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #2273
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ramsey, MN
Posts: 802
Default

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I'm definately going to give some of these a try. Neve though of anything as simple as taping the edges to the mat! Feel a little dumb now. LOL
__________________
Becky
Jack of all crafts, master of none.

Stickles Swap
nedabelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 AM   #2274
Matboard Maniac
 
ILuvCherries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 319
Default

One more super easy way to clean off the mat is just with a baby wipe! I was surprised how well that worked!
ILuvCherries is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #2275
Matboard Maniac
 
ILuvCherries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 319
Default

I was trying to cut vellum yesterday...something from MrsGrossmans. So it was thicker then normal I think...man did I have to cut and cut and cut to find the right combo! It was so annoying!

I wish they would come out with a Man/Boy cartridge. It is always so hard to come up with a male card or LO. I mean if you could buy every cart...then you might be okay. But something with some sports, cars, saying, etc. Would be so cool.
ILuvCherries is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #2276
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 750
Default

Hi!
Custom Crops has the Expression for $219 with the 2 standard cartridges. Plantain and Accent Essentials.

Any cartridges that come with the machine is enough to get you started. I'd suggest downloading the free DS software, checking out what's on the cartridges and then shop away, LOL!!!
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #2277
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
Custom Crops has the Expression for $219 with the 2 standard cartridges. Plantain and Accent Essentials.

Any cartridges that come with the machine is enough to get you started. I'd suggest downloading the free DS software, checking out what's on the cartridges and then shop away, LOL!!!
Bummer! DH bought mine as a Christmas present and it just shipped yesterday (ordered is from them the Nov. 26) and it's coming with just one cartridge. Paid the same price, too. Oh well.
countryhearts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #2278
Matboard Maniac
 
SummerWar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas!
Posts: 212
Default

OMG! Custom Crops has a 12 Gifts of Christmas Sale... I have to avoid them today, as I have no money and Christmas for my kiddos coming up!!! UGH!!!

If anyone else has any play money, let us know what you get!!!
SummerWar is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #2279
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerWar View Post
OMG! Custom Crops has a 12 Gifts of Christmas Sale... I have to avoid them today, as I have no money and Christmas for my kiddos coming up!!! UGH!!!

If anyone else has any play money, let us know what you get!!!
I also have to avoid them. Does anyone know what Custom Crops regular price is on the cartridges? Do they run specials on the cartridges often? Thanks.
countryhearts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #2280
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerWar View Post
OMG! Custom Crops has a 12 Gifts of Christmas Sale... I have to avoid them today, as I have no money and Christmas for my kiddos coming up!!! UGH!!!

If anyone else has any play money, let us know what you get!!!
I just ordered the machine with one cartridge because it's free shipping and you get to pick the cartridge you want. I got Paper Dolls.

The one with 2 cartridges, you end up paying $20 more (because it's $10 more and shipping isn't free) and you don't get to pick the cartridge you want.


Should I have gone with the 2 cartridges? Maybe I can still call and cancel?
I don't know if the 2 cartridges are good ones to have - accent essentials and Plantin Schoolbook?
stampermomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off